User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I've been drinking coffee and tea as long as I can remember. I switched to decaf and herbal a couple years ago. I never had much effect from caffeine to begin with and I never sweeten either so I didn't miss miss it when I switched. I drink a cup or two of coffee in the morning and iced tea and water during the day. I figure there are much worse things I could drink.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it would make me depressed too i think. i gave up sugar for awhile and was really not myself at all such a weird thing....i don't think i ever plan on giving up coffee. i just don't see the problem....have some coffee.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Have some decaf when you start jonesing. It's surprising how good it tastes compared to no coffee at all.
    This is the best advice in thread. You can do it Victor, I have faith in you!

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I have now gone two weeks without coffee, but I am weakening.

The first week was a bit like giving up smoking - there were overt physical symptoms for about six days.

The second week was more subtle - it was as though I was nervy and I knew a cup of coffee would cure me. Also I found I wanted a coffee after a meal.

But now in my third week it is as though I am tired of fighting caffeine. I am ready to give up and order a flat white.

Yeah, it's like I am becoming depressed without coffee.

When I gave up coffee, caffeine first struck back physically, then at my nervous system, then in my desire. But the latest assault by caffeine is on my emotions.

Caffeine is attacking my very emotional will to fight back.

If only I could take a knife and stab caffeine to death, but the only thing that seems to work is to strangle caffeine very slowly to death. But I feel my fingers slipping off her throat.

Who will save me?

Or will I go down to ignominious defeat?

Why are you quitting caffeine?... Is it for health reasons, or is it just because you're bored?

At least you don't have a Tim Hortons practically right next door taunting you.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    You can do it Victor, I have faith in you!
    Yes, every morning I would make my way to the Bakery at Kingston for coffee and the newspaper.

It was wonderful sitting outside at the table reading the newspaper, sipping my coffee and chatting with passers-by.

But I found I was drinking coffee to stave off the effects of coffee withdrawal.

So I was like a mouse on a treadmill - the more coffee I drank , the more I needed. So I decided to step off the wheel.

My body reacted instantly and insisted I get back on the wheel immediately.

And as time has worn on it has become more subtle in its threats and importunes.

But it is predictable - it follows the same path of threats and promises each time. So, like a prisoner, I watch the routine and choose my time to escape.

Interestingly I have chosen to have my breakfast at a different Bakery, indeed a more upmarket Bakery in Manuka.

But it is still clinging to me - it is as though I am mourning the boost it would give me every morning.

I have a sense of loss.

I miss my morning coffee.

It was the one pleasure I could count on every day.

It's a bit like saying goodbye to a girlfriend - you know it's for the best but you can't help missing her.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Please, please, PLEASE don't ever try any harder drugs.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Well, I always drink coffee, but I try to follow some strict boundaries:

- never coffee past 2 PM
    - never more than 3 cups of coffee
    - the more physical activity I do, and the more I stay outside, the more coffee is allowed (always with a maximum limit of 3); if I stay inside and i'm not physically active, coffee will demonstrate all its adverse effects
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    istj

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I have now gone two weeks without coffee, but I am weakening.

The first week was a bit like giving up smoking - there were overt physical symptoms for about six days.

The second week was more subtle - it was as though I was nervy and I knew a cup of coffee would cure me. Also I found I wanted a coffee after a meal.

But now in my third week it is as though I am tired of fighting caffeine. I am ready to give up and order a flat white.

Yeah, it's like I am becoming depressed without coffee.

When I gave up coffee, caffeine first struck back physically, then at my nervous system, then in my desire. But the latest assault by caffeine is on my emotions.

Caffeine is attacking my very emotional will to fight back.

If only I could take a knife and stab caffeine to death, but the only thing that seems to work is to strangle caffeine very slowly to death. But I feel my fingers slipping off her throat.

Who will save me?

Or will I go down to ignominious defeat?
    You are breaking up with your clingy stalker coffee g/f. It wont be easy.
    If Men's Health magazine was true, you would never need to buy more than one issue.

I drink a lot of coffee & I love it. it's iced grande americanos from starbucks everyday right now. they make me feel great & absolutely have no interest in giving them up. once a week i go 24 hours straight without any coffee / espresso drinks & that's the most restrictive i can be with myself. that day i am completely out-of-it / slow / my eyes are half open the entire day & i am in a cloudy funk. but then that evening i sleep so so so well that it makes it all worth it & then back again the next day to the americanos.

MBTI
    entp

dont be giving in now...if you do, thats 3 weeks of staving off down the drain

keep on keeping on