• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Highly Sensitive Person

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hey is anyone here highly sensitive? I don't really have a thread topic or a point--I just wanted to know what y'all experiences were. What positive sides have you found to being a HSP? I have trouble differentiating it from introversion. Blah, no one's gonna read this, oh well...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I usually score pretty high on those HSP tests, but mostly because I hate loud noises and chaos in the environment. I get sensory overload unless I'm drugged or alcoholled up.

And you're right, run, a lot of the stuff is generalized introversion. Not really "sensitive" as in emotionally sensitive, though that is a component.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The video games on in the apartment right now are driving me up the goddamn wall.

I also want to know if this bothers anybody:

[YOUTUBE]dDxZLerHDjU[/YOUTUBE]

the "DOT ORG" I find so irritating, it almost makes me yell whenever I hear it, so I try to remember turning the volume down at the beginning of the clips.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
There's already a thread about HSP on here somewhere, if you everyone's initial responses.

I'd say I'm a HSP--very sensitive to being overwhelmed with crowds, loud noises, annoying noises, etc. I'm also pretty sensitive to my environment, as far as it affecting my mood. However, I like loud music, for instance, if it's MY loud music that I have chosen to listen to.

I don't know about positive characteristics of being an HSP. So far, it's just annoying, and people who can tune stuff out are baffled when you say something's bothering you.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep. Search for HSP. (Im using my phone so can't supply link)

EDIT. Link Supplied.

Last edited:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The video games on in the apartment right now are driving me up the goddamn wall.

I also want to know if this bothers anybody:

[YOUTUBE]dDxZLerHDjU[/YOUTUBE]

the "DOT ORG" I find so irritating, it almost makes me yell whenever I hear it, so I try to remember turning the volume down at the beginning of the clips.

I hate noise.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could sleep under a railroad.

Only noises made to annoy me, annoy me. xD

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Hey is anyone here highly sensitive? I don't really have a thread topic or a point--I just wanted to know what y'all experiences were. What positive sides have you found to being a HSP? I have trouble differentiating it from introversion. Blah, no one's gonna read this, oh well...

I have noise and touch HSP. Dishwashers, washing machines, rattling panels in a car door.. all drive me a bit crazy. I also can't stand the labels on clothes rubbing my skin (I end up removing them from clothes to make them tolerable).

I'm quite a calm, placid person.. so these really do feel like a "condition" that I have.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
For some reason I have always associated HSP with INFP but I know that it is not type related is it?? I fit into many of the descriptions offered ... interetsing

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
[YOUTUBE="qsaXzP4V1r8"]Fail Blog[/YOUTUBE]

god that's irritating...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
What's it called if you're irritated by the things a HSP person is usually/always irritated with at random?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's it called if you're irritated by the things a HSP person is usually/always irritated with at random?

Frustration? I suppose.

When people are frustrated they will indirectly become more succeptible to other influences?