• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Relation between types and shower-habit?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ - I take long showers. 20-25min. Probably longer if the hot water didn't run out.
It's a place of total relaxation/uninterrupted peace/privacy for me. Having good music on is a plus. I take forever partially because of the above stated reasons, & partially because I'm a tad OCD I suppose about getting all washed up/shampooed/hairless, etc daily and thoroughly. I used to take baths for hours on end, reading in the tub. Not so much since I hurt my back. You'd think it'd help, but I'm too tall to fit comfortably. :(

I wonder if people who take quick showers enjoy baths/take long ones at all..

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i take 10 to 15 minute showers.
my INTJ boyfriend takes 45 minute to 1 1/2 hours showers.

wtf is there to do in the shower for that long?
i like to get in and get out. its the same way for pooping. it takes me 30 seconds and it takes him 45 minutes. wtf mate.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
10 minutes or so.

I'd take longer ones, but my skin dries really fast and I also don't like the mildew and I don't like cleaning the shower.

But the good news is that I shower at least once daily.

And scanty, are you sure your boyfriend isn't really a girl?

LucrativeSid

15 or 20 minutes. After that, I usually run out of hot water. If that didn't happen, I'd probably go longer. I love taking showers. It's warm, peaceful, and relaxing. I have a chair in my shower, too, and I often turn off the lights and use candles, a blacklight, or a blue LED for light. My tub is too small for baths, but I like showers more anyway. Sometimes I sleep in the shower for a little bit. It can help me think at any time or it can help me wake up in the most peaceful way possible in the morning.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Oh a subject I like :D I love and hate showering. Go every day, sometimes twice a day, and have wondered since the age of 10 about people who don't do it daily.

Ok, I take shower in many ways.

MY most common is mixed pleasure and efficiency. I take about 7 minutes, let the water fall on my back and my head rather warm, and I just enjoy the heat. I think about stuff to do, the niceness of the day / morning, then hurry to get out, as the heat is making me kind of tired.

The next most common is efficiency. Takes about 2-3 minutes. I don't make it very warm, I shampoo myself as fast as I can, get out.

The next most common is efficiency with some enjoyment. I might do some treatment for my skin, hair, etc.. perhaps sit on the floor awhile, dream, relax, etc. When I do this, I hate how I had a bathtub in my last apartment, but not here :D I don't have a sauna either, tho I've thought of it.

The least common is just long shower, just being lazy and taking it long. I might take a beer with me to the shower, just sit on the floor, let the hot water pour on my head and my chest, thinking about all the pleasures in my life. I'll really relax.. it might take almost an hour, very rarely.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP - preferably until the hot water runs out. The shower's where I've had most of my "Eureka!" moments.

But on a regular day? 10 minutes, tops. I'm always running late.

Yea, get a lot of ideas in the shower. Also, always running late. Since I've been working for myself I often don't shower till about 3pm.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
On average, 15 minutes. I don't really see the point of a 45-minute or longer shower. I like a good bubble bath, though. :smile:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
So, what's your MBTI type, how long do you usually shower if you aren't on a timetable and you are alone in the shower and why do you believe you do this.
ENTJ, 10 minutes when not in a hurry.

I often go to the shower when feeling creative, yet I find the hot water draining my creativity. I have a wish of creativity and enjoyment while in shower, but I only get enjoyment out of hot water, no creativity. NOne of it at all, almost ever. So I like to keep it short. I'll think better clothed, when I haven't heated my brain too much.

I don't want to keep the water too cold. It just doesn't feel nice.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I am a quick shower-er usually. I think it has to do with growing up with 5 siblings and having 4 kids now. Not much alone shower time in either of those situations.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTP - preferably until the hot water runs out. The shower's where I've had most of my "Eureka!" moments.

But on a regular day? 10 minutes, tops. I'm always running late.

Totally that. Except my hot water never runs out *blesses the person who invented the instant electric hot water system*

G

garbage

Yea, get a lot of ideas in the shower. Also, always running late. Since I've been working for myself I often don't shower till about 3pm.

This for me, in its entirety.. although I guess I usually shower at about 10am or so.

I'm usually in until the hot water runs out, which is all too soon :steam:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
As long as possible... with lots of singing... but... the hot water won't last that long so I never take such long, exurberant showers.
personality type: isfp

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I take a good half an hour or until the water get cold whichever comes first.
Yeah, something about being isolated in a shower really gets me thinking.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ

Oh, totally. Except I sit there even when the hot water runs out. The shower is me me-time, where I get to think about everything. Heh, I've even had conversations with people about having a conversation with them in my head. They respond and everything. Its kind of...odd.

So for this INTJ, the showers run for a half hour to at one time hour and a half, just standing there thinking. It really is relazing though. I've even fallen asleep (sitting down, haha)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
10 minutes. I have an efficient system that developed out of necessity when my kids were small. I might push it to 15 once in awhile but that's the limit.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
It appears that longer showers have a lot to do with "alone time." Living alone, I don't worry about that.

So, I only shower longer than 7 - 10 minutes when I really need to wake up (and have the time) or when the weather outside is frightful and I feel as though I'm absorbing the heat in defense.

I do, on occasion, enjoy the long soaking hot bath with scented candles. Especially after any sort of strenuous yard work. In which case I feel I've earned it.

coldbluewaves

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Average is probably 20 minutes.

5-10 minutes when i need to be quick (depending on how quick i need to be), and when i have time and don't really have much else to do it can go out to 30, 40 minutes is somewhat rare..

I've had an hour long shower a couple times before, but at the end of it my hands felt all weird. And, plus, it was mostly because i was pretty much asleep in the shower.

And, yeah, i think a lot in the shower and get a lot of my more.. thoughtful thoughts (i guess?) in there, too. Haha.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
10 - 30 minutes..... I really like to stand under the water & nod off & let my conditioner do its magic, but I can shampoo, condition, soap off in 10 minutes if necessary. Shaving legs always adds an additional 5 minutes or so.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I like long showers. I think I average at least 20 minutes. I don't know if I've ever eclipsed the hour mark but I've definitely approached about 45 minutes or so. I absolutely love the clarity, and comfort, of my thoughts in the shower. I think I mentioned this another similar thread but that's the time of day that I usually reflect on my life personally and take into account more fundamentally critical things. Whether it's something that's been on my mind a couple of days, how I've affected people, how I'm received, my personal philosophy. Essentially it's like a time I blot out for really considering things.