• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Challenge for Psychology Nerds

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've been trying to get my mind around the evolution of Western psychology, and to do that, I need a good visual aid in the form of a timeline.

The challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to create a visually appealing timeline that traces the different schools of thought in psychology, starting from Wundt's lab in 1879 to modern day psychological theory. You can add whatever else you think is interesting, but that should be the focus. It shouldn't be restricted to personality theory, but that's pretty interesting too. Post your work here.

The sources I'm going to be using are Wikipedia and this site. Feel free to use them too, or to find your own, or to combine these and others. (Pretty crazy timeline here and here, but not visually appealing.)

Ready? GO!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Someone is late on their master's program semester project?

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Do you need something more than this?

The History of Psychology

Because fuck me if I'm starting from scratch or doing this to make it "visually appealing enough."

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Do you need something more than this?

The History of Psychology

Because fuck me if I'm starting from scratch or doing this to make it "visually appealing enough."

Yeah, this would be a huge project. Even that is very lacking. It doesn't even mention big figures such as Horneye and Erikson, and totally leaves out more than a few theories.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah, this would be a huge project. Even that is very lacking. It doesn't even mention big figures such as Horneye and Erikson, and totally leaves out more than a few theories.
I found another visually-unappealing one with Erikson & other theories.

Edahn can merge the two into his own damn timeline. :)

Googling "schools of psychology timeline" yields a lot.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i would do this if i wasn't so lazy.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I don't see why we should do Edahn's (home)work for him. If you're interested... grab any first year intro psych textbook and go through the chapter reviews. Most of them are organized by various schools of psychology and there'll be a date for them.