First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I'm usually aware how I am feeling and why. I can discriminate between different feelings pretty well.
    I noticed that after I learnt Japanese my understanding and ability to describe how I was feeling to myself and others improved heaps.
    So maybe it has something to do with the amount feeling words you commonly use and are aware of.
    Yes, it's all about the vocabulary.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Honestly? Real schizophasia sounds like this:

"Tissues without a triangular head lice be it with controller is the noodle man of ice pops and radio yes thanks."
    "So even with I but he river flow amber rod with it."
    "You know bear mama said just keep boxing bitches."
    "Where is narwhal pretty rhombus with monocle kitty."
    omg what is this nonsense?? i love it...could you randomly send me msgs like that? i'd love it so.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yes, it's all about the vocabulary.
    Not the volcabulary. The inflection and morphology. The words are the same but the inflection gives them more feeling.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Honestly? Real schizophasia sounds like this:

"Tissues without a triangular head lice be it with controller is the noodle man of ice pops and radio yes thanks."
    "So even with I but he river flow amber rod with it."
    "You know bear mama said just keep boxing bitches."
    "Where is narwhal pretty rhombus with monocle kitty."
    Yep, it is also a symptom of disorganized schizophrenia, but if I was to video tape myself explaining my emotions, you would receive something that is very close to what you have presented above.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    If I talk about my feelings or try to explain them, I experience the phenomena commonly known as "word salad."
    I know how you feel. Sometimes I think that if I express my emotions it will all come out higgledee-pigledee.

And at first it does. But if someone is listening them, my feelings feel heard and settle down and take up their own shape.

And I think this is the magical thing - feelings do have their own shape.

The problem for me is that I try to shape my feelings to those around me - but this only succeeds in stifling myself.

The other complication is that many want me to shape my feelings around them.

This is what happens to small children.

If their parents are unable or unwilling to listen to their feelings, the child will shape their feelings around the feelings of their parent.

And so the child will lose touch with their own feelings.

I think this is very common and in future we will regard it as child abuse.

But this site is a good place to start expressing your own feelings - not because the members are good active listeners - but because the very act of writing your feelings down and reading them back is a way to listen to yourself.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I know how you feel. Sometimes I think that if I express my emotions it will all come out higgledee-pigledee.

And at first it does. But if someone is listening them, my feelings feel heard and settle down and take up their own shape.

And I think this is the magical thing - feelings do have their own shape.

The problem for me is that I try to shape my feelings to those around me - but this only succeeds in stifling myself.

The other complication is that many want me to shape my feelings around them.

This is what happens to small children.

If their parents are unable or unwilling to listen to their feelings, the child will shape their feelings around the feelings of their parent.

And so the child will lose touch with their own feelings.

I think this is very common and in future we will regard it as child abuse.

But this site is a good place to start expressing your own feelings - not because the members are good active listeners - but because the very act of writing your feeling down and reading them back is a way to listen to yourself.
    I am learning how to identify my feelings, but I feel it is a age thing. As I get older I obtain more responsibilities, which I think will require me to become more in touch with my emotional side no matter how small it is.

MBTI
    intp

Something to try doing:

When you are feeling a strong emotion, simply sit back and let it process.

Feel where it is in your body, if it has color, if there is pressure, etc. Let it change, and monitor it to see what it is doing.

This is often really powerful with uncomfortable emotions. (shame, embarrassment, etc.)

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by lexiphanic View Post
    Something to try doing:

When you are feeling a strong emotion, simply sit back and let it process.

Feel where it is in your body, if it has color, if there is pressure, etc. Let it change, and monitor it to see what it is doing.
    Sounds like constipation to me.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    Sounds like constipation to me.
    No.

Kind of the difference between the eastern way of looking at life vs. the western.

Western civilization usually identifies life by set achievements and goals. Once we do this, I'll feel good about myself. Once I get to this place, then I can relax... etc. We do the same thing with our emotional state fairly frequently. We lock our emotions in place, clench our jaw, and live with them until it is just an added stress on our lives.

Eastern civilization is more about the process, the journey. It isn't the end result that matters, but how you got there. Likewise, emotions aren't static things, given the opportunity, they can flow a goodly bit given the chance.

And I believe that this is one of those things where the more you do it, the better your mind gets at doing it subconsciously.

Banned

The question "How does that make you feel?" generally makes me feel like screaming, beyond that I don't know.