User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    What does that mean? That you don't know how to answer a few simple questions?
    That was funny.

But what I meant was, I do not have time to identify with my feelings because they are irrelevant. Besides it is the doctor's job to tell you how you feel.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    That was funny.

But what I meant was, I do not have time to identify with my feelings because they are irrelevant. Besides it is the doctor's job to tell you how you feel.
    If a person was ran over by a tractor? Doctors interpret the wound. And the better they can diagnose the injury the better the injury can be healed. Got any injuries?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    If a person was ran over by a tractor? Doctors interpret the wound. And the better they can diagnose the injury the better the injury can be healed. Got any injuries?
    Not that I am aware of, but I will see the doctor just in case he sees something that I don't.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah I understand that, but when people ask me how I feel I sort of give that same expression. If I am not sick then I am fine. If fine is a feeling then I am fine. I will be fine today, fine tommorow, and fine next year.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

That was funny.

Well, relevance depends on the task you're trying to accomplish.

I think most if not all of the INTPs are introspective and seek to understand themselves and uncomplicate their lives. To that extent, identifying your feelings are very relevant. It also comes in handy when communicating or making decisions that require you to tap into what you're feeling, like evaluating relationships.

I think the stereotype that INTPs disregard feelings is more appropriate for INTJs, but even then, I don't think it's so much of a disregarding, but knowing when to use them and when not to. This would be a "to use them" time.

Lasting_Pain

Well, relevance depends on the task you're trying to accomplish.

I think most if not all of the INTPs are introspective and seek to understand themselves and uncomplicate their lives. To that extent, identifying your feelings are very relevant. It also comes in handy when communicating or making decisions that require you to tap into what you're feeling, like evaluating relationships.

I think the stereotype that INTPs disregard feelings is more appropriate for INTJs, but even then, I don't think it's so much of a disregarding, but knowing when to use them and when not to. This would be a "to use them" time.
    If I talk about my feelings or try to explain them, I experience the phenomena commonly known as "word salad."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

This isn't really a rant, but a question for people.

I have incredible, incredible difficulty labeling my feelings and experience, which is somewhat strange because I'm very good at labeling other things (usually abstract) and take joy in it, too. I was seeing a therapist a while back who would occasionally ask me "how do you feel right now?" I had absolutely no idea. The only feelings I can clearly identify are sadness and infatuation which have very distinct psychological and physiological features. The rest I'm terrible at.

I'm curious about a few things.

1. Are you naturallly aware of how you are feeling throughout the day, or only when you call attention to it?
    2. When you do call attention to it, can you identify what your feeling? How good are you discriminating between different feelings? How many different feelings (or shades of feelings) can you identify?
    3. How would you go about improving your ability to identify your feelings?

i don't always know how i feel but if something is bothering me i'll figure it out and work through it but i'm not constantly aware of and labeling them otherwise.

i could though i believe if someone asked.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

If I talk about my feelings or try to explain them, I experience the phenomena commonly known as "word salad."
    Honestly? Real schizophasia sounds like this:

"Tissues without a triangular head lice be it with controller is the noodle man of ice pops and radio yes thanks."
    "So even with I but he river flow amber rod with it."
    "You know bear mama said just keep boxing bitches."
    "Where is narwhal pretty rhombus with monocle kitty."

I'm curious about a few things.

1. Are you naturallly aware of how you are feeling throughout the day, or only when you call attention to it?
    2. When you do call attention to it, can you identify what your feeling? How good are you discriminating between different feelings? How many different feelings (or shades of feelings) can you identify?
    3. How would you go about improving your ability to identify your feelings?
    I'm usually aware how I am feeling and why. I can discriminate between different feelings pretty well.
    I noticed that after I learnt Japanese my understanding and ability to describe how I was feeling to myself and others improved heaps.
    So maybe it has something to do with the amount feeling words you commonly use and are aware of.