User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 19 of 19

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I'll go with Narcissistic PD for INTJ:
    I think Narcissistic Personality Disorder is probably more common in ENTx.

    INTJ would be better suited for Schizoid or Schizotypal. Schizoid PD, in particular, can also be narcissistic, but like the INTJ, the Schizoid's narcissism but it's more id based. But anyway, here's how I matched them up:

    PERSONALITY DISORDERS AND TYPE
    Schizotypal: INTJ
    Schizoid: INTP
    Paranoid: ENTP, ENFP

    Histrionic: ESFP, ESFJ, ENFP, ENFJ
    Borderline: ESFP, ESTP
    Antisocial: ISTP, INTJ
    Narcissistic: ENTJ, ENTP

    Avoidant: INFP, INFJ
    Dependent: ISFJ, ISFP, INFJ, INFP
    Obsessive-Compulsive: ESTJ, ISTJ

  2. #12
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I think Narcissistic Personality Disorder is probably more common in ENTx.

    INTJ would be better suited for Schizoid or Schizotypal. Schizoid PD, in particular, can also be narcissistic, but like the INTJ, the Schizoid's narcissism but it's more id based. But anyway, here's how I matched them up:

    PERSONALITY DISORDERS AND TYPE
    Schizotypal: INTJ
    Schizoid: INTP
    Paranoid: ENTP, ENFP

    Histrionic: ESFP, ESFJ, ENFP, ENFJ
    Borderline: ESFP, ESTP
    Antisocial: ISTP, INTJ
    Narcissistic: ENTJ, ENTP

    Avoidant: INFP, INFJ
    Dependent: ISFJ, ISFP, INFJ, INFP
    Obsessive-Compulsive: ESTJ, ISTJ
    ESTJ is not Obessessive-Compulsive, pal. Anything but.
    It is Passive-Agressive.

    The leisurely type. The easy touch. The pillar of the community.
    The friend of friends. The insider. The good brother.
    The sharer. The drawler. The one with the boys. The trustee. The referee.

    Enneagram Institute of Johannesburg



    Beware.

  3. #13
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    ESTJ is not Obessessive-Compulsive, pal. Anything but.
    It is Passive-Agressive.

    The leisurely type. The easy touch. The pillar of the community.
    The friend of friends. The insider. The good brother.
    The sharer. The drawler. The one with the boys. The trustee. The referee.

    Enneagram Institute of Johannesburg



    Beware.
    I think Passive-Aggressive would correspond better to IxFP. Fi types tend to be really good at subtle manipulation, which characterizes passive-aggression.

    An ESTJ is more openly aggressive, not passive. And since they have Si for their auxiliary function, a neurotic ESTJ would likely pay strict adherence to the rules. Oh yes, the ESTJ most definitely corresponds to Obsessive Compulsive PD.

  4. #14
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I think Passive-Aggressive would correspond better to IxFP. Fi types tend to be really good at subtle manipulation, which characterizes passive-aggression.

    An ESTJ is more openly aggressive, not passive. And since they have Si for their auxiliary function, a neurotic ESTJ would likely pay strict adherence to the rules. Oh yes, the ESTJ most definitely corresponds to Obsessive Compulsive PD.
    I dislike to manipulate anybody. I am not good at the art at all. No, Suh.
    And I am the Fi type. The INTP.

    The ESTJ is openly aggressive. Yes. And the ESTJ is subtly aggressive.
    The ESTJ is aggressive all over, pal.

    You suggest the IFP. The artist. The poet. The antibureaucrat. The bohemian.

    Nope.
    I am sorry, pal.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    infj
    Posts
    18

    Default

    "The way I see it--if a disorder's symptoms apply to you in a way that is negative and detrimental to your life somehow, then it is a problem and needs to be resolved. Otherwise, why bother?"


    I am inclined to agree with this except as someone said, "if someone is driving themselves mad they have a mental disorder, if they are driving everyone else mad they have a personality disorder".

    Affects on other people are an issue too (you may have meant this). The problem is most PD types are the last ones likely to want to change or recogise they have a problem.

    I guess it is more of an issue of others managing their impact or getting out as avoidant INFJs like me would prefer to do. I guess my interest stems more from this angle.

  6. #16
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Yes. But I was saying a prejudice plays the bulk of the part.
    The type is the PD, seen from another angle.
    Like, according to the Church, I am a power hungry Anesthetic Schizoid.
    It depends on who looks and who is being watched upon.

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    infj
    Posts
    18

    Default ESTP "natural killers" ??

    These are very interesting comments thanks. I'm still very keen to hear of any "hard" science on MB & Personality Disorders.

    Some thing I found interesting re ESTP and anti-social personality was an essay "Natural Killers-Turning the Tide of Battle" by Major David Pierson, US Army (it's on the net somewhere). He says the military use MB tests to find ESTPs as they are likely to be the only type naturally able to kill and keep killing. He says being ESTP does not mean someone is a psychopath or a killer but it is a good start.

    I hope I haven't hurt any ESTPs feelings. I really really hope actually!

    It is not hard to see why this would have been an essential talent for any viable society throughout so much of history and prehistory. Even today for most if not all States. It would be nice to think it's slowly becoming redundant.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Paranoid personality disorder: INTJ, INFJ, ENTP, ENFP
    Schizoid personality disorder: IxTx
    Schizotypal personality disorder: INTx
    Antisocial personality disorder: xxTP
    Borderline personality disorder: ExFx
    Histrionic personality disorder: ExFx
    Narcissistic personality disorder: ExTx
    Avoidant personality disorder: IxxP
    Dependent personality disorder: xxFx
    Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder: xxxJ

  9. #19
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Toss the coin.

Similar Threads

  1. Personality Disorders and P-Types
    By heart in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 09:14 PM
  2. Personality Disorder Test (4degreez)
    By NewEra in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 05:13 AM
  3. [NF] NFs and Personality disorders
    By Bee in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 07:04 PM
  4. Personality Disorders: Moral or Medical?
    By proteanmix in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 06:47 PM
  5. DSM-2023 reports new personality disorder
    By ygolo in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO