User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    yupp

I know why.it's more of if i had done this and this differently.....instead of that and that I wouldn't be in this mess.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Do what the SPs do... what has happened has happened. Is it important for you to fix it? If so do it. If not, move on. The trick to moving on I think is finding something new that you enjoy doing. Whenever I immerse myself into a task... I don't think about other things anymore.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Can you explain what's going on in a little more detail? What's your experience and what're your thoughts? What keeps happening?

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Could be wrong here. Way off. Time has since made looping fade away for me. Now i can't sleep at night for different reasons alltogether. The habit of takin a bit to fall asleep however, did come from looping long ago. Do you have to do it right/better to generate karma? As in confidence of knowing you topped em, inturn putting them on the same playing field. A playing field that makes transparent their inabilities?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    yupp

it has to do with I fucked around in college, a.)I wasn't enjoying my major and b.)I didn't really have friends, so I was a bit depressed, the first 2 years so my grades weren't great I had some shit happen last spring failed all my classes. So I go back this last fall changed my major (which I'm loving btw) determined to get good grades, and halfway through my room mate decides to kill herself, that killed all motivation for me failed some classes. I don't care at that point then i finally decide i do care and I go to the advising office and I say look if I have a's and b's at the end of the semester can i petition? and tell them what happened last semester, they pretty much say no chance. I beg they tell me come back when my grades get in and they'll talk then. But their reasoning is I didn't come to them when it happened, and I'm like ??? really??? my room mate tried to kill herself the last thing I was worried was about grades. and it's just frustrating, cuz I know where I screwed up, and I know I can get my gpa up but i can't by the end of this semester as I need all A's.I know I would have been fine if my room mate hadn't attempted suicide because I would not have lost motivation. So basically I need to do my best, but when I sit down to work all this starts looping through my head.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I guess the system doesn't understand the human element. Go jogging. For at least a half an hour. Talk to the ACLU. Do you feel you let yourself/roomate down? I've sometimes felt that way since my Moms passing. I found (some years ago) teaching our mother tongue helps to make things right. It may compound things but perhaps join a suicide prevention group. And be very honest with that group/yourself when associating. And go jogging.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    yupp

thanks everyone I was able to get 5 out of 10 parts done on a big assignment, due monday night. I think going outside and handwriting everything helps, but if I stay inside to work, it doesn't tend to go as well, so maybe something about being outside helps. and I can come back in and type it up and while I'm typing I usually edit a bit and add a few things. So tommorow morning i figure get up write the last 5 parts print it out proof read and make changes. and probably do at least one re write.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Welcome, babe

My NFP sis get stuck too like that, and the only way out for her is to do something physical to reconnect.
    Totally agree!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it has to do with I fucked around in college, a.)I wasn't enjoying my major and b.)I didn't really have friends, so I was a bit depressed, the first 2 years so my grades weren't great I had some shit happen last spring failed all my classes. So I go back this last fall changed my major (which I'm loving btw) determined to get good grades, and halfway through my room mate decides to kill herself, that killed all motivation for me failed some classes. I don't care at that point then i finally decide i do care and I go to the advising office and I say look if I have a's and b's at the end of the semester can i petition? and tell them what happened last semester, they pretty much say no chance. I beg they tell me come back when my grades get in and they'll talk then. But their reasoning is I didn't come to them when it happened, and I'm like ??? really??? my room mate tried to kill herself the last thing I was worried was about grades. and it's just frustrating, cuz I know where I screwed up, and I know I can get my gpa up but i can't by the end of this semester as I need all A's.I know I would have been fine if my room mate hadn't attempted suicide because I would not have lost motivation. So basically I need to do my best, but when I sit down to work all this starts looping through my head.
    My honest impressions:

The roommate suicide attempt probably revived some OLDER issues and fears that haven't been resolved adequately and aren't the real reason you fucked up, but more of an excuse (sounds harsh, I know) for letting the familiar, older loops back in. The older loops seem to have something to do with anxiety and not measuring up to other people's standards. Where're your own standard? Where is your own voice?

Best,
    Edahn

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Prplchknz,
    Been there with the looping thought, if not the exact situation. The first priority for me is usually to break the thought pattern. There have been some excellent suggestions by other posters. For me I just have to get moving, do something, make a first step....talking with others sometimes increases the loop feedback for me, especially if they play on my fears, so doing something physical works for me. Even just changing your environment for a bit (which you have worked out) works.
    For me, when I get into circular thought, it means I can't see forward so I need external input. It also means I stand still when I should be pushing forward, so I quite literally have to force myself into thinking forward, and seeking new input.
    The thing is circular thinking, depression, insomnia etc, are all related (for me at least), it's taken me most of my twenties to learn not to fall into those patterns, and part of that was cutting out negative people in my life (my mother who utilised my thought patterns against me, her way of controlling me,and came pretty close to driving me to suicide). The biggest thing I've learnt, is that it's all up to you, and the choices you make. Don't beat yourself up about the things that didn't work out (other people make their own choices too), and it is part chance, but for the things within your reach, it is standstill and live in past, or move forward and reach for the future.
    Keep your eyes on the bigger picture, everything passes even grief and loss.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]