User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    Hardest decision I ever had to make was to let a few people I love go.

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Me too. You just hope that someday they will begin to see clearly.
    Ditto.

To the OP: Deciding to go it alone at 15, or living under my asshole step-father for a few more years.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

NFs are fascinating entities.

Such glittering vulnerability alongside complex psychological depth. Truly envious of your range, I am.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Ditto.

To the OP: Deciding to go it alone at 15, or living under my asshole step-father for a few more years.
    And then deciding I was too proud/stubborn to accept help.

I was a dumbass.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Me too. You just hope that someday they will begin to see clearly. Still, I can't fully give up on anyone.
    It's difficult. I agonize over these sorts of decisions, and even after I've made them, I feel very wounded and ill at ease for quite a while afterward. I'm about growing branches not cutting them off. If someone else's problems are diseasing the tree, they have to go.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Leaving my husband.

It would have been easier if he'd been a jerk, but he isn't.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    It would have been easier if he'd been a jerk, but he isn't.
    It's always easier if the other person gives you an excuse. Sigh. It's the nice/good ones who complicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    It's difficult. I agonize over these sorts of decisions, and even after I've made them, I feel very wounded and ill at ease for quite a while afterward. I'm about growing branches not cutting them off. If someone else's problems are diseasing the tree, they have to go.
    Word.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    To be someone is only possible if there is something or someone to measure yourself with. And Measuring is totally overrated, if you have got the eagles eye and can guess the length to two decimal places by just one look
    Looking back it was foolish about me doubting myself. But I was young, my hormones and emotions got the best of me so I decided to run with the pack. Can you imagine an INTP running with a pack? It is a bad site.

The hardest thing was breaking up with my girlfriend.

I knew that if she felt she was breaking up with me, she would walk away feeling whole and on her own two feet - taking control of her own life.

But if she felt dumped by me, she would feel out of control as though the decision had been taken out of her hands.

So the problem was how to actually take the decision out of her hands but for her to break up with me - for her to dump me.

And she did. She told me, "I never want to see you again". And she didn't.

And she went on to stand on her own two feet in LA and help others stand on their own two feet by founding her own self-help organisation.

I often wonder if I made the right decision as I struggle to stand on my own two feet.

We could have continued to support each other - and indeed it was sweet support - but there is nothing quite like taking responsibility for oneself - even if one is to fail.
    Last edited by Bellflower; 03-30-2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Moved some distracting personal posts to a more suitable location.

Nothing really comes to mind. I suppose the most difficult ones were deciding whether or not to be with someone anymore. I roll with things that only affect myself pretty easily, but those kinds of decisions are a bit more difficult to make. Looking back, most of the most "difficult" decisions I've made seem pretty trivial to me now. I've been fortunate, though, to have never had to make any extremely difficult decisions, like deciding to take someone off of life support, or reporting the serious crime of a friend.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

garbage

A two-way tie. Sort of.

I was wondering the hell my career path was going be after I graduated with my bachelors. This would involve possibly switching fields and/or moving clear across the country. I ended up sticking around this city but moving to a different field for my next degree, using my accumulated experience from the previous to give me a niche in the market.

Then, I was wondering the hell my career path was going be after I graduated with my masters. This would involve possibly switching fields and/or moving clear across the country. I ended up sticking around this city but moving to a different field for my next degree, using my accumulated experience from the previous to give me a niche in the market.

Thankfully, I know exactly where I'm headed after the Ph.D.