User Tag List

First 1234 Last

the hardest choice ... i am still procrastinating it. i have the entheogen needed to investigate the demanded insight, handy in my table drawer, but ... procrastinate that as well. truth be told, thats why i am here.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I've had to make many terrifying decisions. Being ill forces your hand frequently, sometimes daily. I'm in a constant state of choosing between things I either don't want, or know nothing about and don't trust.

But I'll say leaving my old neighborhood behind. My grandfather's house, the one I was raised in, the one my mother was raised in, sits in the middle of a terrible violent area. SE Raleigh has twice the violent crime rate of the entire city. Gangs. Drugs. Rapes. Murders. Those of you who read my blog, you know the double shooting I mentioned last Thursday on my old street? There was another homicide just a block away last night. The folks in the area are holding meetings because it's gone from bad to totally out of control.

I remember driving out to school one morning and seeing cops at the end of the street because children waiting for the bus had discovered a woman who'd been shot execution style and left in the road. Life means so little there.

When I first realized we HAD to leave, I cried. I cried and cried, and couldn't stop crying. The very idea of leaving our little house behind, with the only stability I ever knew - my grandfather, who'd been dead for a long time - was terrifying and grieved me.

I realize now how important it was that we leave. It was a matter of survival.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Hardest decision I ever had to make was to let a few people I love go.

Factors: Recklessness with their lives- money, drugs, promiscuity.. (I sound like a total prude, I know).

Since our values clashed, I think that really kinda severed ties.. As much as I wanted to be 'there,' I don't think be 'there' really helped, until maybe one day, they will wake up, realize. Or maybe they just didn't care? I think that sometimes, things happen for a reason. I believe that group influence is really strong. Being the oddball I guess, my hopes were to help rub off in a positive way? It didn't. I had to wake up myself. I still wish them the best of luck.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

You're not a prude, Viv. I've had to do the same thing.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Thank you.. Sometimes, I tear up inside when I see people I love let their lives spin out of control.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    - my grandfather, who'd been dead for a long time - was terrifying and grieved me.
    hmm. in a realistically supernatural kind of way?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

My granddad was the stabilizer in my life when I was a kid. He was from another place and time. He was in an accident that killed him when I was, I don't know, 8 years old? Things were mostly calm with him around. When he died, everything fell apart.

I know he would never have wanted us to stay and be in danger.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

The decision to break my soulmates heart, in order to keep from losing my other soulmate and SO, knowing that doing so would mean losing him forever. And I did.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I think I'm currently in the middle of the hardest decision of my life. After telling my mom that it's not my responsibility to take care of her, that I'm her SON, she has started to go down a pathway that will financially, physically, and emotionally destroy her. She's an ISFP that is letting Fi make 100% of her decisions.

The decision I have to make is how independent from my mom I want to make my life. Do I move to a new city (which I want to do anyway), how often do I see her, how many favors do I still owe her, etc. If I'm not careful she will not hesitate to take me down with her when she finally hits bottom.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    You're not a prude, Viv. I've had to do the same thing.

Me too. You just hope that someday they will begin to see clearly. Still, I can't fully give up on anyone.