• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you an optimist or a pessimist?

Are you an optimist or a pessimist?

• YES. YES I AM a pessimist, thank you! :)

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • No. I'm not a pessimist. Why would you say a stupid thing like that?

Votes: 30 56.6%

• Total voters

deleted
I'm either a negative optimist or a positive pessimist, but never exactly a combination of these two.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Situationally one or the other. :smile:

I'm more of a pessimist in how I view humanity as a whole, events/trends, and the planet on a large scale; I choose to be more optimistic when I view individuals and my own life and future.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm an idealist - so i see both sides and mash them up until a milky ideal is produced

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
A realistic optimist? Probably not. It's a goal I'm working toward. I seem to see the best in people even when I have no real reason to. I'm not entirely trusting, but if I'm a pessimist than water tastes like kool-aid. .. And you need a packet for that to happen.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a...

Hey wait, you stole the label I created. No wait, technically I called myself an idealistic pessimist.

Honestly I'm not quite sure, but this is what I wrote in a previous topic:

STUFFNESS

What you said was an optimistic... realist?

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
A nice blend of Idealism and Cynicism. xD Oh, and ":D".
Many dreams die on the way of becoming something... else. (I would prefer to put in "greater" but honestly it's nothing but a change. It's obviously better in my view, most of the times but in yours? I doubt it. xD)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I try to keep the attitude of the optimist, but allow pessimism to form my contingency plans. Ideally plan A is optimistic, but then plan B, C, D, E, F... are based on progressively more pessimistic scenarios.

Experience has taught me that life is capable of throwing any scenario at you.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I try to keep the attitude of the optimist, but allow pessimism to form my contingency plans. Ideally plan A is optimistic, but then plan B, C, D, E, F... are based on progressively more pessimistic scenarios.

Experience has taught me that life is capable of throwing any scenario at you.

I do that too! Worst case scenario contingency planning and projections!! So I try to be generally optimistic about my life, and I think I am, but also in the back of my mind I'm 'prepared' for things to be difficult, and actually have expectations of a sort that unexpected things will pop up. It's not a dominating force/thought, but it's just kinda sitting there in the back of my mind.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i'm a situational optimist, but for some reason i can never be optimistic when it involves me. I think i'm naturally pessimistic.

hommefatal

It changes. Usually I'm a optimist. When I'm indifferent about things I'm a realist. When I'm depressed I'm a pessimist sometimes.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Generally more of an optimist. With my deep-held beliefs of never giving up and hard work paying off, I think more optimistically.

porous_shield

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm more the glass contains 10 fluid oz. I tend to temper whomever I'm around so if it's an optimist than I'm pessimistic and vice versa.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Pessimist. Always have been... Mom used to call me Eeyore.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Moved from MBTI.

I don't do pessimism.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It changes. Usually I'm a optimist. When I'm indifferent about things I'm a realist. When I'm depressed I'm a pessimist sometimes.

^ Yep. Though sometimes I can even manage to be a realist when I am not indifferent. Sometimes....