User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 40

  1. #1
    Senior Member Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Look them in the eye - but which one?

    When you look at someone in the eye, you can really only look into one of their eyes at a time (or it's very difficult to look into both at once).

    My right eye is dominant. I usually look straight across, my right eye into their left. Sometimes I'll glance over into their left.

    EDIT: Eye dominance test.




    So how do you look someone in the eye?





    Do you look across, or over, or both? Which one first?
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    How can I tell whether I'm right eye or left eye dominant?

  3. #3
    a scream in a vortex nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    my left eye is physically "stronger" (i am farsighted), but i still believe that i look from my right "over into" my opponent's right eye more frequently. (but no one is around to test this, besides photos)

    my understanding is, that a diagonal view (ie to the left) resonates with the opposite brain hemisphere (ie the right), so in this case i would focus "on/from" my right hemisphere. according to the test with the animated dancing lady (*.gif) i am always right brained.

  4. #4
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    so...weird. i thought i looked in both but apparently i look in my left...their right i guess.

    edit...so that makes me right eye dominant ??...it's across and to the left.

    edit...oh but it's their right...so green i guess.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    ive actually thought about this...usually when im talking to someone and the conversation is about baby's diapers and talcum powder...then i start wondering what exactly am i looking at...

    consciously, i look at the top part of their face...if i look into one eye, i feel weird that they will feel weird...so i keep doing it...jk, i stop if i feel that they feel weird. sub-consciously tho, no clue where im looking

    that said, if the person is interesting enough for us to unravel the mysteries of each other's eyes, im usually not thinking of which eye to focus on

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    I should have posted this first.

    Eye dom. test.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    so...weird. i thought i looked in both but apparently i look in my left...their right i guess.

    edit...so that makes me right eye dominant ??...it's across and to the left.

    edit...oh but it's their right...so green i guess.
    Figure out your eye dominance first. It sounds like you are right eyed, and look across.

    "Green."
    I knew using different colors in that graphic would be useful...
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

  8. #8
    beyondaurora
    Guest

    Default

    I thought this topic was familiar:

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...look-then.html

    I seem to cross over to the left, then switch back and forth from there.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    I thought this topic was familiar:

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...look-then.html

    I seem to cross over to the left, then switch back and forth from there.
    Dammit.

    I never would have guessed it's already been done. Ha, oh well.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

  10. #10
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    ive actually thought about this...usually when im talking to someone and the conversation is about baby's diapers and talcum powder...then i start wondering what exactly am i looking at...

    consciously, i look at the top part of their face...if i look into one eye, i feel weird that they will feel weird...so i keep doing it...jk, i stop if i feel that they feel weird. sub-consciously tho, no clue where im looking

    that said, if the person is interesting enough for us to unravel the mysteries of each other's eyes, im usually not thinking of which eye to focus on
    this is hilarious.

Similar Threads

  1. Introverted intuitive, but which one?
    By Babybop in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-22-2016, 03:51 PM
  2. [Se] Se in the eyes of Si
    By Feline in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 08:23 AM
  3. Reading the Mind in the Eyes Test
    By Epiphany in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 10:52 AM
  4. [INFJ] I'm hijacking some amazing musician/songwriters and putting them in the INFJ basket
    By Reverie in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 06:54 AM
  5. [ENFJ] ISFP males in the eyes of an ENFJ females
    By floral87 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2011, 04:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO