• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what makes someone perceptive about others?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
i would theorize that someone must have a great awareness of themselves before they are able to perceptive about another. we must be aware of our own strengths and weaknesses, our fears and desires, our motivations and standards, etc, in order to view someone else with greater clarity. and the more complex and the more experienced a person with many aspects of the life, the deeper they grow, both in character, vision, and intellect. i enjoy multi-dimensional, balanced people, they are rare to encounter and a joy to find. of course, everything is entirely subjective and all our interactions and assessments are based on a number of randomized interpretations and selective perception. damn. what do you guys think? :D

Self awareness is the foundation of all intelligence.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Self awareness is the foundation of all intelligence.

LIES!

There are lots of different intelligences that don't have much to do with self-awareness like Naturalistic, Kinesthetic, Musical, etc.

Garner's theory of multiple intelligence​
multiple_intelligences_diagram.jpg

phoenity

Haaaa!!! If it is complete BS, then it will surely jive with my inner core, and it will work out splendidly! You're worse of a bullshitter than me, heaven help you! Funny as hell you are! :D

I was completely honest about what I thought, but I was just warning you I might not actually know dick.

I don't even try to bullshit. I believe you though, because I'm pretty certain my brother is an ESTP, and he has a way of making anyone believe anything. It works because even he believes himself :D

deleted
LIES!

There are lots of different intelligences that don't have much to do with self-awareness like Naturalistic, Kinesthetic, Musical, etc.

Garner's theory of multiple intelligence​
multiple_intelligences_diagram.jpg

These require just as much self-awareness as any of them. This is where people wrongly generalize, because a simple concept doesn't match with the complex reality.