User Tag List

123 Last

Default Playing the System

Are you gaming the system or is the system gaming you?

It is very easy to tell.

If you think you can beat the system, then the system is gaming you.

If you think you can beat the system, then you are a sucker.

And the system knows there is a sucker born every minute.

But it is more complicated than that.

We are born helpless and chaotic and we are offered a system to bring order to our lives.

And we grab it with both hands.

But we know we are hooked when we believe we can beat the system. But the system has seen us coming.

Women, of course, are offered the patriarchal system.

They are made an offer they can't refuse. And before long they are hooked into believing they can beat the system.

They practise and practise and practise to beat the system. They practise mimicking arousal so they can fool the patriarchs.

But the very act of mimicking arousal betrays them at the deepest level of their being.

But they are focused, focused on beating the patriarchal system. So they employ whatever else is needed to fool the patriarchs.

They need to induce in the patriarchs a kind of trance. So they start with the trance of arousal but supplement it with astrology, mbti and religion.

Have you ever wondered why astrology fills the back of every woman's magazine? Have you ever wondered why mbti was invented by two women, a mother and daughter? Have you ever wondered why women form the backbone of most religions?

The answer is that all of these tools require belief without evidence - perfect for inducing a trance in the patriarchs - perfect, perfect for making a fool of the patriarchs.

But alas, as we all know, it is the patriarchy that makes fools of women.

So the question remains -

Is there any safe way out of the system or are we trapped forever?

MBTI
    INTP

Good morning (afternoon/evening?) Victor,

You certainly stuck your foot in it this time, didn't you?

I wonder: do you believe there is an inherent difference between the way women perceive the world and the way me do?

Is it bad to be 'trapped' in the system?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But the very act of mimicking arousal betrays them at the deepest level of their being.

^Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Good morning (afternoon/evening?) Victor,

You certainly stuck your foot in it this time, didn't you?
    Good evening Owl.

Tonight I went and saw the movie, "Duplicity". And I was thinking about my University where I think the staff and the students play the system.

So I thought I would put some of my thoughts into words, and as you say, I put my foot into it.

deleted

Oh, you. You just couldn't let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptible, aren't you? Huh? You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won't kill you because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.

I wonder: do you believe there is an inherent difference between the way women perceive the world and the way me do?

Is it bad to be 'trapped' in the system?

^Why?
    No, I don't believe there is a female mind and a male mind, anymore than I believe there is female algebra and male algebra. As far as I can see there is only algebra.

And sure, I don't want to be trapped or imprisoned in a system. I want to be able to think and feel freely.

But most of all I don't like being fooled or fooling others. I much prefer openness and trust. Or at least working towards openness and trust.

I know that damaged people are damaging. And I think systems tend to make damaged people.

I also think systems are part of our development and I am interested in what comes after systems.

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Oh, you. You just couldn't let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptible, aren't you? Huh? You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won't kill you because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
    Of course I am not going to let you go, Lemons.

Einy, meeny, miny, moe, catch our Lemons by the toe.

If he squeals, let him go - einy, meeny, miny, moe.

But not you Lemons for we are destined to do this forever.

^Why?
    If our being consists of learning and then integrating what we have learnt, then mimicking arousal is a direct attack on our integrity.

If we are consistently fake and phoney, then we have no opportunity to be authentic.

If authenticity and integrity are our aim, then consistently fooling people is going in the opposite direction.

Of course we are rewarded for being fake, but our hope lies in integrity.

And thank heavens some will forego reward and even suffer for their integrity.

And whatever we love grows. And this is true of integrity.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    If our being consists of learning and then integrating what we have learnt, then mimicking arousal is a direct attack on our integrity.
    The Siren song is one to the soul not the body; but their true intention is, literally, in the flesh and seek - contrary to appearances - that which has already gone to hell.

And in these liberated times our Sirens come in many denominations.

MBTI
    ESTP

I don't think most of what you've written can be founded on real arguments.

Yeah, I get, everyone of us has our little conspiracy theory moments, but geez, your going in circles.
    Of course, if you want to believe you can't beat the system, then you can't.
    But, if you believe you can beat it, than it has already beaten you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

The system's playing all of us. We're all faceless, nameless beings walking in a 2D plane of lies. Our identities belong to our superiors. We are simply what our ego is telling us to be..trying to live up to what we think we are.

And it's when you reach this understanding, that we realize who the bad guy is; our ego, that we can be given the opportunity to change it. Are you going to rebel against the greatest enemy of all? Your ego. And our ego is a metaphor for our external systems that we think define us.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?