User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    The system's playing all of us. We're all faceless, nameless beings walking in a 2D plane of lies. Our identities belong to our superiors. We are simply what our ego is telling us to be..trying to live up to what we think we are.

And it's when you reach this understanding, that we realize who the bad guy is; our ego, that we can be given the opportunity to change it. Are you going to rebel against the greatest enemy of all? Your ego. And our ego is a metaphor for our external systems that we think define us.
    Ego, they tell me, is not a dirty word.

In fact it is what we aim for, for twenty-two years.

But once we can hit the target, what then?

This is a delicate moment for we are proud of our achievement. And our family is proud. When Dad tells you he is proud of you, you know you have arrived.

At this moment we reach our first temptation.

We are tempted to keep firing at the target simply because we can now hit the bulls-eye.

But how can I tell you? How can I tell you to simply walk out into the trackless waste? It makes no sense. You know it makes no sense.

Yet there is a small call in your heart. There is something you almost glimpse out of the corner of your eye. Something is calling to you.

You can't see it. Your parents can't see it. Even your friends can't see it.

It's a longing.

But what do you long for?

There is only one way to find out and that is to go looking.

Or you can continue your target practice until you become bored. And you can continue to be bored until you become depressed. And then they are ready for you, and you are ready for them.

And as the pipes of Pan waft gently away, you will wonder and keep on wondering. Until you can wonder no more.

And it is at that very moment, they know they have you.

You know you are no longer wonderful, and you can see quite clearly that no-one else is either.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

The thing is, life only has a meaning if you give it meaning. So, the system, and everything else, may be a form of meaning for some people. I guess your question is, what comes next? If you realize there is a system, and you realize there is a game, then what comes?

Good question. I think that's something everyone has to figure out on their own. Gaming the system won't work, because the dealer holds the cards. But at the same time, like you said, the fact of the matter is that the system itself is required for us to have security, and there's really no escape from it.

The only thing I can think of is to cling to those close to you, and hope for the best. Life is a hurricane, you just have to ride it out, and look for an island of hope to get you through the waves.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Ego, they tell me, is not a dirty word.

In fact it is what we aim for, for twenty-two years.

But once we can hit the target, what then?

This is a delicate moment for we are proud of our achievement. And our family is proud. When Dad tells you he is proud of you, you know you have arrived.

At this moment we reach our first temptation.

We are tempted to keep firing at the target simply because we can now hit the bulls-eye.

But how can I tell you? How can I tell you to simply walk out into the trackless waste? It makes no sense. You know it makes no sense.

Yet there is a small call in your heart. There is something you almost glimpse out of the corner of your eye. Something is calling to you.

It's a longing.

There is only one way to find out and that is to go looking.

Or you can continue your target practice until you become bored. And you can continue to be bored until you become depressed. And then they are ready for you, and you are ready for them.

And as the pipes of Pan waft gently away, you will wonder and keep on wondering. Until you can wonder no more.

And it is at that very moment, they know they have you.

You know you are no longer wonderful, and you can see quite clearly that no-one else is either.

Just
    Everyone
    Else

The doors waiting.

The question is..are you ready to walk out?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ

Victor: Very nice written. And I can fully relate to your last post.

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    Victor: Very nice written. And I can fully relate to your last post.
    Lorkan: it's nice to think of you in Sweden.

We plant Swedish birches here like ballerinas.

With their white bark and their pale green leaves they dance in front of our Gum trees.

But very soon their green confetti will turn to gold as we reach into Autumn cold.

But we never worry because as our Autumn leaves disappear, we know they burst forth in your Spring.

We know that, like the birds, they hear the call of the North, and fly all the way to Sweden on the other side of the world.

So go out, Lorkan, and sing to your birches and ask them how they enjoyed their sojourn in Oz.

Junior Member civil_disobedience's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I vaguely know what the hell this is all about and yet.. in some way I think I actually do..
    Oddly enough Victor, your writing reminds me of my own mind. (Maybe that's why I barely know what is going on.)

It's a longing.

All systems are stifling as they are built on someone else's rules.
    Rules that will maintain the system and keep us all in order. Our dreams are handed down to us on the basis of efficiency within a given society.
    There's almost no thinking outside of the box, if you want to remain respectable, sane, or survive. Jeremy says life only has meaning if you give it meaning. I agree with that. But what if you're not content with the cheap buffet of meaning you're given to work with? You've either got to become what is deemed insane, and blissfully so or live in this half-world discontent (which I think would be a tragedy.)

Mmm dreamy.
    "Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"--Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by civil_disobedience View Post
    Oddly enough Victor, your writing reminds me of my own mind. (Maybe that's why I barely know what is going on.)
    And of course we don't know what is going on - so we have the pleasure of discovery.

When we don't know what is going on, everything comes to us fresh and new.

When we do know, it becomes bleared and smeared with toil.

And when we don't know, it appears as if by magic.

There are two ways to enter the cloud of unknowing -

The first is to learn to turn off that part of your brain that knows what is coming next. At first this produces fear, 'cause all animals fear the unknown. But soon the fear passes, every moment is a gift - the gift of ecstasy.

At a formal level, you can safely learn how to turn of that part of your brain that knows what is coming next by learning how to enter and leave the trance of unknowing at will.

A good place to start is The Trance Institute

The second way to enter the cloud of unknowing is to step off the beaten path - to start to learn something about which you know nothing. And of course to learn anything, you first need to know nothing.

So entering the cloud of unknowing will bring you fear and ignorance, then the ecstasy of discovery.

Default Ersatz Ecstasy

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Just
    Everyone
    Else

The doors waiting.

The question is..are you ready to walk out?
    Or instead you can go to a nite spot and pop a little green pill called Exstasi and dance to the Trance music.

But Extasi is a kind of ersatz ecstasy.

Exstasi is the kind of ecstasy you are having when you are not having any ecstasy.

Exstasi is the perfect example of playing the system.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

You left out the ones who won the powerball.

But yet they too are puppets to get all the 100,000,000 that didn't win to go out and buy another ticket.

There is something that can temporarily beat the system....booze.

But that can possibly beat ones self and others around.

Then can the system that made people use booze beat itself in a way.

Do the masterminds of the system use booze?

I think the people who fair the best against the system are those who are least attached to it.

The Amish
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Perhaps the Aborigines, over there, kick the system in the ass everyday in that they dont need to rely on entitlements that come with a system.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?