First 234

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

It's our language that takes things out of context because there isn't enough context for it to work with. Notice how it absolutely cannot overlap itself. Nor does it desire to. God forbid it evolves to addmit nature to its (surfacebaseness). Is it affraid of drouning or something. Can't learn to swim? Oh right, swimming is too natural.

it=our language. The one we're using.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

you've mentioned dyspraxia before...do you want to talk about that...it sounds interesting.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    I am not dyslexic but I have a learning disability called "central auditory processing disorder." I have trouble understanding anyone in a noisy background or even in a not-so-noisy background. I taught myself to read before I started school, which was a good thing because I can't do phonics. When I was in first grade, I was started off in the fast reading group because I knew how to read. Before the school year was up, I was in the slow reading group because I could not do the phonics drills. It was very boring.
    My reading technique is 100 percent visual. I recognize words as pictures and I don't break them apart into sounds as an auditory reader would do. If a word is badly misspelled, even if it is phonetically spelled, I will not recognize it. I need to have people read unfamiliar words to me several times before I can recognize them and remember them and pronounce them.
    Also, if I'm given multi-step directions, I am not likely to remember all of the steps.
    I probably have a little ADD, too.
    As one of the many learning differences I have, this one probably affects me the most. It's very likely that I also have CAPD. Phonics still doesn't make much sense to me. It was worse when I was younger and couldn't understand most of what was said to me, but even today I've still had to ask people to repeat themselves 2 or even 3 times before I can turn the sounds into meaning.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think I have mild dyslexia. And I'm impatient with reading, in general (though not with writing). I find it easier to follow things through discussion and learn through picking at others' brains.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my dad said his was called classic dyslexia. i have no idea what that is. i think he made it up...does anyone know?

eta: never mind i just googled it. it's real.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

i frequently ask people with dialect or bad language to repeat themselves. those idiots will usually repeat the words with the exact same dialect, same mumbling, same volume. the only add a little bit of anger. when i ask for the third or forth time, they are as angry as i am.

its a very minor problem for me, as it only affects people who cant talk like human beings. but i assume that it always takes me more concentration to understand people, than it takes most people. thats why i like to block the meaning of words out, a soon as i am not interested in a group discussion i a bar or something.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

what about people who are almost exclusively visual thinkers?
    they cant learn from hearing and reading unless they are given time to visualise the information. when in a lecutre adn the guy up the front is talking and writing on the board, how are oyu supposed to do this? must they relearn the entire subject from their notes in their own time, what if the teacher only distributed certain pieces of information through speech, like when a question was asked and the visual learner either didnt have time or didnt think to write it down. how are they to know what info theyll be missing alter on. i dont see how the visual learner can keep up in class unless they ask the teacher to repeat themselves and dance around simple things like E means this, sorry what does it mean again?, E means this! the visual learner wont even knwo what they dont understand, all the input they are recieveing is meaningless noise.
    are school councilers supposed to educated about this kind of stuff?
    are there learning and teaching alternatives?

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

How do you do with that in the presence of background noise?
    I find that words sound like gibberish when there is background noise, especially competing conversations. I have to ask people to repeat themselves two or three times and I also have to ask them to look at me when they speak. Otherwise their voices just trail off into nothing. And I don't have any hearing loss...

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    As one of the many learning differences I have, this one probably affects me the most. It's very likely that I also have CAPD. Phonics still doesn't make much sense to me. It was worse when I was younger and couldn't understand most of what was said to me, but even today I've still had to ask people to repeat themselves 2 or even 3 times before I can turn the sounds into meaning.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.