User Tag List

First 1234 Last

i am the one who does irregular typos, tries three different spelling variants of a particular word in a single paragraph. i have no routine and see things in context, which is examined in a intuitive way or the product of random focus/priorities.

as a child i wrote letters upside down and mirrored. i only switch letters on a keyboard. in handwriting i may leave letters out. i had a hard time, learning to draw a round circle. but i drew in decent 3D when my classmates still drew people whose arms were coming out of the hip, or you could see the whole body through a car window.

i am pretty bad and slooooow at mental aritmetic

i read a page in a book while thinking of something else, realize it, read the page again, think about something else ...

same for audiobooks. frequently cant focus on the audio.
    same for listening to concrete instructions. do this, then that. i don't save that, rather study your facial patterns and have random associations.

this depends on content. i can listen to interesting stuff.

but if it is too interesting, it will inspire me, and then i go to the land of creative theorie.

just throw a headline about "integral theory and ad(h)d" at my head, and i will be busy inventing the content of this article for a few minutes, rather than reading it.

i learn best in interaction with a task/process. taking something apart. reverse engineering, trial and error, or drawing mind maps. in any case i must see how the learned matter will add to my "goal" which is really more a "vision" that something practical.

i hate to open a new chapter, if i cant see how or if it will fit into the book of my live/vision/investigation.

i am a Ni or Si perceiver. more likely Ni.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i relate to that too...i find it odd that i can read something...in it's entirety out loud even and be thinking of something else altogether.

i used to mix up my letters or write them backward and even now when i write i'll mix words or leave off letters if it so happens they were part of the one before...thinking i had just wrote it...and my handwriting is like cursive but they're all capitals....not many people can read it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

i read a book (cant remember title/author) by a guy who used to be car mechanic and, after mastering his own dyslexia, became a teacher to kids.

his method is obviously aimed at very specific kids, who are even more visually oriented, then i am. probably isfp and istp.

one key theory is, that these kids get disoriented in perspective, which is also their greatest skill, but needs to be controllable.

so a key method is, to imagine, that one's center of sight would be like 4 inches behind and above the head. calculate a symmetric triangle to shoulders and hairline.

this way, the kid would x-ray through his hair tuft and eyes, straight through to a book that is held in front of the stomach, using the angle as sighting notch to maintain a stable relation to things. this should help to learn to differentiate between one's true/real/actual perspective and one's calculation of possible perspective.

so, if you know for a fact, that the circle you see is seen from top, you know that it is round. if you had imagined looking from a side angle, you would assume/calculate, that the round thing which you see 'must be actually oval'.

okay, this is very weird to most people, right?

i tried this visualization practice, an in some cases it really centerer me noticeably. but for me the visual intelligence is rather subconscious most of the time. i am not disoriented, and if i were i would not realize.

i am not like a cylon, who actually lives in his visual projection and confuses it for reality.

those dyslexic kids (that the author refers to) do that, apparently
    they would actually vomit, if their perspective is challenged/ intentionally disoriented by playing some tricks to them (but I have forgotten how those experiments were set up). but then they are kids. i have not been tested like that, when i was a child.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I have a tiny case of dyslexia, nothing that bothers me, really, but enough to know it's there. I'll be reading something and my eyes will skip ahead and skip around and I'll want to concentrate on the words and it may be a little hard to. I mess up while reading with little words like 'like', 'to', 'a', 'but', 'when', 'if', 'it', etc, especially when there's a lot of small words together. I think my brain wants to gather as much info. as fast as it can and I'll overlook little things. I read some of the posts, and they were saying something about Ne effecting it, and I think it's a plausible theory.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    where/who does one go to get help and information for learning disorders and/or types of thinking?
    Could ask a grade school teacher that gives half a glass of crap, instead of a half empty one. In that they don't believe in pharmasuticles. The teachers that use the reasource of up to date info that presents how to keep dyslexic kids up with the rest in finding their niche.

So i just uppety bump into a grade school teacher out of the blue? You ask.

No. I found not givin a rats ass about the stigmata or embarasment of computer dating to favor the occupation of (teacher) found in certain profiles in my choosing of who to con into a date to bring up the subject of dyslexia during the date. But i'm a dude. costs a bit of money to get coherrent advise on the subject. Worth it though.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

No. I found not givin a rats ass about the stigmata or embarasment of computer dating to favor the occupation of (teacher) found in certain profiles in my choosing of who to con into a date to bring up the subject of dyslexia during the date.

this is the kind of sentence that knocks me out. there are just to many ways of interpreting the words. a word's context does not become obvious within a few neighbor words and my working RAM aint big enough to store three lines of text at once.

about the stigmata or embarasment

embarasment of computer

embarasment of computer dating

hu? (as i watch my brain creating an image of an embarrassed computer, i might get slightly mad .... don't think about dating embarrassed computes, ever)

not givin a rats ass [] to favor the occupation
    the occupation of (teacher)

????

a foreign language makes it harder.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    i read a book (cant remember title/author) by a guy who used to be car mechanic and, after mastering his own dyslexia, became a teacher to kids.

his method is obviously aimed at very specific kids, who are even more visually oriented, then i am. probably isfp and istp.

one key theory is, that these kids get disoriented in perspective, which is also their greatest skill, but needs to be controllable.

so a key method is, to imagine, that one's center of sight would be like 4 inches behind and above the head. calculate a symmetric triangle to shoulders and hairline.

this way, the kid would x-ray through his hair tuft and eyes, straight through to a book that is held in front of the stomach, using the angle as sighting notch to maintain a stable relation to things. this should help to learn to differentiate between one's true/real/actual perspective and one's calculation of possible perspective.

so, if you know for a fact, that the circle you see is seen from top, you know that it is round. if you had imagined looking from a side angle, you would assume/calculate, that the round thing which you see 'must be actually oval'.

okay, this is very weird to most people, right?

i tried this visualization practice, an in some cases it really centerer me noticeably. but for me the visual intelligence is rather subconscious most of the time. i am not disoriented, and if i were i would not realize.

i am not like a cylon, who actually lives in his visual projection and confuses it for reality.

those dyslexic kids (that the author refers to) do that, apparently
    they would actually vomit, if their perspective is challenged/ intentionally disoriented by playing some tricks to them (but I have forgotten how those experiments were set up). but then they are kids. i have not been tested like that, when i was a child.
    Then i think those kids (he) refers to are very hard to deceive.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Then i think those kids (he) refers to are very hard to deceive.
    you mean hard to deceive into thinking his method works, in case it were just a con? yes, i would think so. also they stop vomiting and learn to read, so there is some objective evidence for his method. but just with some kids...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    this is the kind of sentence that knocks me out. there are just to many ways of interpreting the words. a word's context does not become obvious within a few neighbor words and my working RAM aint big enough to store three lines of text at once.

about the stigmata or embarasment

embarasment of computer

embarasment of computer dating

hu? (as i watch my brain creating an image of an embarrassed computer, i might get slightly mad .... don't think about dating embarrassed computes, ever)

not givin a rats ass [] to favor the occupation
    the occupation of (teacher)

????

a foreign language makes it harder.
    Could be the literary part of the language we're using ran/runs parallel with dyslexia in their evolvement

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I have a tiny case of dyslexia, nothing that bothers me, really, but enough to know it's there. I'll be reading something and my eyes will skip ahead and skip around and I'll want to concentrate on the words and it may be a little hard to. I mess up while reading with little words like 'like', 'to', 'a', 'but', 'when', 'if', 'it', etc, especially when there's a lot of small words together. I think my brain wants to gather as much info. as fast as it can and I'll overlook little things. I read some of the posts, and they were saying something about Ne effecting it, and I think it's a plausible theory.
    i think it does i think that's the way it works kind of right? seeing the big picture quickly and seeing how everything relates...at once...not step by step the way you do when you write...so you make an effort to break it down and go slower.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison