• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

These sensations brought to you by Alcohol

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm well acquinted with the substance, but I wonder if everyone feels the same.

Usually my days go pretty straightforward ENTJ style, little looking back and a lot of looking forward. I feel a little, but I'm not a senseless bastard. Things just flow, I maintain interest at what I do, I think and do a lot and that's it. Add in the endless complexities of what's done with all of that.

Drinking with friends? Increased E, P for me.

Drinking alone? Having 2-4 drinks, I get these flashbacks that some person, some situation is of some significance for me. I desire for something old, some feeling.. I feel, this friend I met then and then, now that was good time. Now that's something.

I might feel there's great feeling to be had in a computer game. Some habit I've had with a friend, like doing some woodworks with them, feels of great significance.

Yeah, I really feel some things matter on an emotional level when I'm drunk, in a manner much different to what I feel when sober.

So, what does that marvellous substance do to you, consumed in any of it's various forms?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ah the things I don't know, either. Drugs? Never. Not a clue how they work, really. Sometimes I wish I've never had my first drink, and I'd get all my feelings by just being there, not stimulated. Then again, it's a good substance to get me going, well used.

G

garbage

I don't know, since I don't drink.

You're like those guys who approach a social circle that's talking about TV and loudly proclaim that you can't relate because you don't watch TV :steam:

Incidentally, I really, really want to see you drunk. Go buy a case of Bud Lite, down it, and post in this thread.

Me? I get giddy with alcohol, but then I'm pretty giddy anyway. Maybe I'm just more honest about it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You're like those guys who approach a social circle that's talking about TV and loudly proclaim that you can't relate because you don't watch TV :steam:

Incidentally, I really, really want to see you drunk. Go buy a case of Bud Lite, down it, and post in this thread.

Me? I get giddy with alcohol, but then I'm pretty giddy anyway. Maybe I'm just more honest about it.

You will be suprised how many people would like to see that.
I consume 3-5 beers a year, but alcohol in general in not my thing.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I've been told I get more NT after alcohol... and I tend to talk more. But I have close to zero tolerance for it. Immediately afterwards I get a pounding headache and feel like throwing up. So no more alcohol for me. :mellow:

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Much more talkative. I really get in the mood to have some sort of conversation. Actually I play up the TiNe and just have a bunch of discussions about why everything is the way it is. It's usually not that serious but silly. More agreeable, I'm a lot more considerate, reassuring, show more excitement. Smile and laugh a lot. I can't stand to just sit down I have to be up doing something or involved in a really dramatic conversation with gestures being thrown around.

You might get some personal references about my life in that state as well. They're usually not very immediate. It's just things or glaring points in my past life that have been on my mind for a little bit. Like I will talk about a defining situation but play down the severity of it. It's typically not apparent how significant it is to other people though and I make sure it's not incredibly descriptive of what I really feel.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's the feeling that drives you forward, lets you lead your way never pushing you back.

Like playing that computer game, never ending, always starting over, having seen a million of times, its still your place you call your home.

Its not when we ask ourselves who we are that we feel importance, its when we feel who we are, play the game, live the life, do what we love.

Its the heart that is weak, the mind was never the issue

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Im with AO on this, but it is interesting to see how others experience it :D

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i dont drink, because it sucks.

it only causes stress-like hypersensitivity (cortisol rush), so i cant think straight, nor focus on anything, while my ego (monkeymind) accelerates, everything goes in circles. my body grows numb. i drown in a sea of acoustic disorientation. such fragmentation of the mind is probably the next best thing to autism. its good for nothing, not even for overcoming social anxiety, since i don't want - by character choice - confront anyone with someone (me) who cant think straight. also i would not want to talk to other mindless (drunk) people. i am not interested in mindless behavior as well. i drunk at parties in my youth. even before parties. youth, thats before we even develop character.

thc ftw

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm well acquinted with the substance, but I wonder if everyone feels the same.

Usually my days go pretty straightforward ENTJ style, little looking back and a lot of looking forward. I feel a little, but I'm not a senseless bastard. Things just flow, I maintain interest at what I do, I think and do a lot and that's it. Add in the endless complexities of what's done with all of that.

Drinking with friends? Increased E, P for me.

Drinking alone? Having 2-4 drinks, I get these flashbacks that some person, some situation is of some significance for me. I desire for something old, some feeling.. I feel, this friend I met then and then, now that was good time. Now that's something.

I might feel there's great feeling to be had in a computer game. Some habit I've had with a friend, like doing some woodworks with them, feels of great significance.

Yeah, I really feel some things matter on an emotional level when I'm drunk, in a manner much different to what I feel when sober.

So, what does that marvellous substance do to you, consumed in any of it's various forms?

Sounds like if you have too many that you might drink and dial.

Do you ever wake up with an ex, or a random stranger if you've had too many?

I'm not fucking around. I've seen that shit happen, it's crazy! :shock:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I drink all the time.

What do you want to know?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Its not when we ask ourselves who we are that we feel importance, its when we feel who we are, play the game, live the life, do what we love.

i remember some moments of heightened sense of being oneself, when drinking. this is mostly the product of a ritualistic (intention building) evening. alcohol seems to help. it is a substitute for significant behavior (eg a revolution or just a rock concert). regressing has the side effect of being more identified with any behavior or decision or judgment, which makes it seem, as if one did something more significant. yes, identifying can be a matter of the heart. involution, agape. i can see myself drinking again, on rare occasions, where there is such emotional potential, but at the same time, the stress symptoms ruin it for me.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i remember some moments of heightened sense of being oneself, when drinking. this is mostly the product of a ritualistic (intention building) evening. alcohol seems to help. it is a substitute for significant behavior (eg a revolution or just a rock concert). regressing has the side effect of being more identified with spontaneous and silly beahviour, which makes it seem, as if one did something more significant. yes, identifying can be a matter of the heart. involution, agape. i can see myself drinking again, on rare occasions, where there is such emotional potential, but at the same time, the stress symptoms ruin it for me.

Keep trying it, it gets better...

:devil: ;)

nanook

a scream in a vortex
nah, the symptoms begin after a single drink, and they get worse. i have have been drinking myself to vomit a few times and once to hospital, so i am done with testing

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Oktoberfest. Yeah, I've done that myself.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
hmm drinking I usually get happier and hyper. I'm not touchy feely or like :hug: I love you, but I'm more like yeah we should so go get mac and cheese and 1 am and possibly get mugged. Fuck not having any rythm I'm dancing! Tell me about you and your life and I tend to be laid back I can drink in any situtation and be fine. I'm not a weepy drunk, only once was I that and I was by myself, and my life was just shitty at the moment. I'm also more likely to try things I wouldn't try sober. Also if I'm pissed at you sober I probably won't give a shit about what you did drunk, unless it was really really really major. And only one person has ever pissed me off to that point, and it more of a pattern with her then a one time thing.

I become more of a people person drunk.

wolfy

awsm
What happens when I drink? That's a good question and what better time than now to answer it. Seeing as I've been drinking.

After a few drinks I can feel the alcohol take effect in my brain. First the alcohol blocks the most outer synapses from firing. So I become less self aware more willing to take risks.

I am warm.
I have energy to burn.
I want to go somewhere.
I want to talk to someone.
I want to have some fun.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apparently nobody can tell when I've been drinking 'till I get rip roaring drunk. I get very philosophical, and I like to sing, and I have less inhibitions, which in my case is probably good as everyone tells I'm Kinda repressed sober.