• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

These sensations brought to you by Alcohol

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Should I ever decide to sober up, I'll let you know if there's a difference.

Seriously, I'm more open, talkative, warmer. More likely to draw confessions out of other people, and more likely to care - if only for a while. My best friend still teases me about last year when I invited her over for dinner and got a bit... toasted. She found it entertaining. Dinner and a show. And burned peas and carrots.

But the night we went to see Three Dog Night at the county fair, the tables turned. She's a bit of a party animal I suspect.

Gawd forbid we both got drunk.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Any sensations, feelings, cognitions etc getting amplified when you drink?

What does drinking do to your cognitive function usage?
Well if I'm drunk, I become extroverted. However, I'm rarely drunk (people from Vegas need not comment).

By extroverted I mean that I just talk more. Stuff that would usually stay as a dialogue in my head starts flowing out. That's about it. Everything else remains the same.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
A few drinks makes me even more social and extroverted than I am - happy, talkative, outgoing. A few more drinks makes me kind of sleepy and happy. A few more starts making me think things like "awwww, I really love these people, what good friends I have, how I love them!" etc. A few more makes me incoherent and pukey.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
i remember some moments of heightened sense of being oneself, when drinking. this is mostly the product of a ritualistic (intention building) evening. alcohol seems to help. it is a substitute for significant behavior (eg a revolution or just a rock concert). regressing has the side effect of being more identified with any behavior or decision or judgment, which makes it seem, as if one did something more significant. yes, identifying can be a matter of the heart. involution, agape. i can see myself drinking again, on rare occasions, where there is such emotional potential, but at the same time, the stress symptoms ruin it for me.
Interesting stuff, finely put. It's most obvious with the totally drunk, but I just personally enjoy it's finer nuances.

I was curious if I had developed more of a stoic sober personality which alcohol would unlock a bit, then, regression associated with consumption might explain it at well.

I would theorize that people make somewhat different kinds of memories while sober, or having drank alcohol, leading people to require alcohol to fully access the memories made while under influence.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
When drinking, there are 2 options.

a) becoming depressive, depending on the mood of people surrounding me. The more I drink => the more depressive I get. (but that happens rarely, usually it's option b)
b) becoming crazy and much more open to stuff I would normally think twice about doing. The more I drink => the more crazy I get.

I don't like drinking alone, it's not funny. Ever. The only thing I'd drink when alone would be Coke.

Alcohol... it's great when in great company, but the nausea the next day kind of makes me avoid it unless I have a very good reason to become crazy.

Besides, not being able to remember when I first kissed my boyfriend is not very nice. I also hate the memory blanks I get if I exaggerate.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I drink just the right amount, I become more animated and more talkative. If I go over that amount, I drift into quiet but happy observation & reflection mode - just enjoying the feelings and watching everyone around me.

I'm a happy drunk. Never an angry or depressed one.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
If I drink just the right amount, I become more animated and more talkative. If I go over that amount, I drift into quiet but happy observation & reflection mode - just enjoying the feelings and watching everyone around me.

I'm a happy drunk. Never an angry or depressed one.

yeah I don't get angry or depressed, I think my natural mode is to be happy with what I got and yeah I do get angry sober but that's because I'm sober but drunk its like I don't care really so I'm going to have fun.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
As I drink more I get more and more extraverted. More talkative and people seeking. I feel like moving around and talking to people I normally wouldn't. Get enough alcohol into me and I get really loving. Me + alcohol = ENFP.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm pretty sure my drunk personality is ENTP. In company I get a Scottish accent and sometimes claim to be Russian. Definitely more aggressively outgoing and prone to bullshitting for as long as the fabrication seems interesting.

But alone I play music and whip up a big ole Fi storm.

Thus, got fed up with alcohol about two years ago and don't drink no mo'.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am warm.
I have energy to burn.
I want to go somewhere.
I want to talk to someone.
I want to have some fun.

Me too! :D Nothing annoys more then when this happens and I have nowhere to go and nothing to do.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm pretty sure my drunk personality is ENTP. In company I get a Scottish accent and sometimes claim to be Russian.

Thus, got fed up with alcohol about two years ago and don't drink no mo'.

Awesome! You're the type of person I love seeing get drunk :D too bad.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Drinking with friends? Increased E, P for me.

Exactly what happens for me too. I'm fun, outgoing, and lively. The giant stick up my ass fades temporarily, and it's a great state to be in.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
I'm pretty sure my drunk personality is ENTP... Definitely more aggressively outgoing and prone to bullshitting for as long as the fabrication seems interesting.
The same, although the ENTP bit has moderated over the past few years.

Most of my favourite drinking buddies are ENTPs. I would contend every bar room asshole I've ever met is an ENTP - and the more fun for it.
But alone I play music and whip up a big ole Fi storm.
Music is the only way I can short-cut to Fi. And alcohol speeds up the process dramatically. Drunkeness kills it; ergo moderation is very useful advice. I detest being drunk, but like the drinking bit.

I am a late night drinker. Daytime drinking seems to occupy a space that was meant for clarity of mind; I avoid it at all costs.

Drinking alone is usually viewed highly negatively, although I'm sure the liver makes no distinction. Only dose and exposure are relevant.

BTW, your Scottish accent may also be relevant: Scotland's minimum price for alcohol | Last orders | The Economist

Drinking themselves to death seems to be a hobby for the Jocks and the Rooskies.

Za (vashe) zdoróvye.

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Whiskey turns me from an INFP into an ExFP who will say just about anything at any time to anyone, then comes up with some scatterbrained mission to go somewhere and do something stupid. Three cheers for disinhibition.

Malt liquor has a similar effect. Beer makes me chill out, and vodka makes me feel strangely numb, in a mostly physical sense. Overall alcohol isn't really my vice of choice, but I certainly do enjoy it.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I feel a bit warm, then if I have too much by accident, I feel self berating for allowing myself to cloud my mind. INTP's for discipline and moderation!