User Tag List

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Default Se, inheritence from the stone age?

Se seems to be a very salient function in the pre-historic population of the hunter-gatherer era. Let us speculate for a bit, how do you people theorize this function to have developed and ulimately integrated into the human pool of personas?.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I would advance this rather funny theory into: Ne-inheritance from the stone age. Because I think when people switched from Ne to Se it was the day they thought of themselves to be finally civilized
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Possibly that iNtuition and Thinking is something that's made humanity progress towards "civilization", maybe? Since N and T is associated with inventing new things, I mean. And I am not saying S-dominants cannot be inventive and come up with new things. Just talking functions and their various uses here.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yea thats good. My thoughts were, when they saw a sheep in the open, back in the days and suddenly a person was struck by lightning, they made the sheep their god because it obviously can strike em down with lightning
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yea thats good. My thoughts were, when they saw a sheep in the open, back in the days and suddenly a person was struck by lightning, they made the sheep their god because it obviously can strike em down with lightning

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Introverted-esfp View Post
    Se seems to be a very salient function in the pre-historic population of the hunter-gatherer era. Let us speculate for a bit, how do you people theorize this function to have developed and ulimately integrated into the human pool of personas?.
    Well, we've gone from needing to track animals in the bush and pay attention to 5 million things at once...to needing to track our own lives down to the minute details and pay attention to 5 million things at once. The directives haven't changed. Just the focus.

Se, I would suspect, would also stem from the desire to create. To make something real. That has not changed either.

If anything, we've become faster, mentally, when processing external data. We can hold more, or we've discovered we can hold more. And we are reaching our limit for just how much information we can perceive. Hence the introduction of time-savers. It's not necessarily that we are getting lazy, and that is why we make devices that streamline data for us. No. I think it's because we're adding more and more and more and more and more data to the point that mental functioning would be taking a terrible hit in efficiency were it not for the development of things to pre-process some of the data.

I have no idea if that answers your question, but I decided to give it a try.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost