• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Se, inheritence from the stone age?

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Se seems to be a very salient function in the pre-historic population of the hunter-gatherer era. Let us speculate for a bit, how do you people theorize this function to have developed and ulimately integrated into the human pool of personas?.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I would advance this rather funny theory into: Ne-inheritance from the stone age. Because I think when people switched from Ne to Se it was the day they thought of themselves to be finally civilized :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Possibly that iNtuition and Thinking is something that's made humanity progress towards "civilization", maybe? Since N and T is associated with inventing new things, I mean. And I am not saying S-dominants cannot be inventive and come up with new things. Just talking functions and their various uses here.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yea thats good. My thoughts were, when they saw a sheep in the open, back in the days and suddenly a person was struck by lightning, they made the sheep their god because it obviously can strike em down with lightning :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yea thats good. My thoughts were, when they saw a sheep in the open, back in the days and suddenly a person was struck by lightning, they made the sheep their god because it obviously can strike em down with lightning :D

:shock::ohmy::worthy:

:rofl1:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Se seems to be a very salient function in the pre-historic population of the hunter-gatherer era. Let us speculate for a bit, how do you people theorize this function to have developed and ulimately integrated into the human pool of personas?.

Well, we've gone from needing to track animals in the bush and pay attention to 5 million things at once...to needing to track our own lives down to the minute details and pay attention to 5 million things at once. The directives haven't changed. Just the focus.

Se, I would suspect, would also stem from the desire to create. To make something real. That has not changed either.

If anything, we've become faster, mentally, when processing external data. We can hold more, or we've discovered we can hold more. And we are reaching our limit for just how much information we can perceive. Hence the introduction of time-savers. It's not necessarily that we are getting lazy, and that is why we make devices that streamline data for us. No. I think it's because we're adding more and more and more and more and more data to the point that mental functioning would be taking a terrible hit in efficiency were it not for the development of things to pre-process some of the data.

I have no idea if that answers your question, but I decided to give it a try.