• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

N = alien?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I can relate to the OP. I'm 100% N...

It's a daily struggle for me to get through. I have felt like an alien for as long as I can remember. I know I seem aloof and unapproachable to others but that's just how it has to be. I just don't have the stamina or interest to engage in chit-chat or put on a friendly mask most of the time. I just try to go unnoticed.

S

Sniffles

I find myself more at home in the more intangible aspects of human life. I addressed much of this in my blog entry Living the contemplative life. As I stated: "The contrast I find between my everyday affairs and my contemplative side are overwhelming at times. I'm often confused as to how the two even fit together into my life."

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My sensotardedness is often looked at like I'm some kind of alien, they're just like: how could you possibly leave that there more than once? It's also quite funny when I drive/walk past the destination, I usually know where things are via my head rather than sensory details, the details create somewhat of a map, and then after a while, I don't pay any attention, I do it automatically and live inside my head. I miss the destination when my estimate of where the place is is a little bit off in my mind. I guess you can feel alien when you're the only one around you acting like this, it's annoying when people don't understand how you could be like that, but you've got to live with it (by pretending that Ns are sooooo much better than Ss)

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Our N came along much later in the evolutionary timeline compared to their S, which means we are more highly evolved and advanced than they are.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*kicks mort* behave already :alttongue:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
ALIENS??!! Run for the hills!

>.>

Sorry, I had to do that.

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
Anyone else feel like they don't belong in this world, on this planet and especially in this society? People have been telling me for years that I need to adapt to society and stop being weird. And I've been feeling for years like I don't belong here. Also, could it have something to do with being a very extreme N?

I don't know whether it has to do with being N or not, because I'm skeptical when it comes to typing, but my response is:
Oh god yes. I think this is what fostered my somewhat introverted personality. I mean, ugh, sometimes I really hate people. lololol Geez, why doesn't anyone ever understand me?!?!? UGGH! i'm so mad right now. and no, I'm not going to make the effort to try and make you understand me, because every time i do it never works!!!...No matter how simplified I make it, it's never enough for you people!! :steam:

lmao ok sorry i'll end rant right there. I really do love people...sometimes.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you have any letter in "extreme" zone you will have problems in life because of it.

But you will also get a certain bonus. What others will not.

OK, what if you have FOUR letters in the "extreme zone?"
My scores for E, S, T, and P were pretty much maxed out. :doh:

I feel out of place with the world around me simply because I am thinking and processing sensory stimuli much faster than those around me, or those I'm working with. I do not feel displaced as many intuitives do, but I can empathize with feeling out of sorts at times. :yes:

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
So it is abvious that you two love each other...
*accepts hug*.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Anyone else feel like they don't belong in this world, on this planet and especially in this society? People have been telling me for years that I need to adapt to society and stop being weird. And I've been feeling for years like I don't belong here. Also, could it have something to do with being a very extreme N?

I think much of western civilization is STJ in overall character, which is the typological opposite of NFP. I don't have feelings that I don't belong in this world, but feelings about not belonging in my [USA} society, yes. It is my understanding that such not fitting in with society feelings are VERY typical for NFP's. We are often non-conformists and have personal personal views on things and the like.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Absolutely.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
OK so i have just jumped from page 1 to 8 so i may of missed something .. ahhh sod it.

This information you have on S's .. where did you get it from?

Firstly, regarding the swimsuit crap .. NO, put your clothes back on love and talk. Lets really see what you think and feel.
Joan of Arc .. Growth and honesty rocks, so why would this rankle me? Sugarcoating WTF???
I am great at reading people (their words, body language and what they are not saying ;)) .. Only INTJ's that will get me everytime (no surprise there).

You have some strange misconceptions as to how Sensor's work!!!!
Or wait a minute .. Is it a case of well i knew ONE sensor who behaved like this so they all must be.

Did i sugarcoat it enough for ya? :steam:

It really has to do with values. Everyone has them, and Ns value things in a different way than Ss do. Take a Swimsuit Edition of Sports Illustrated for example. I cant stand frivolous sexiness since it has nothing but show to it, but the Ss I know tend to like staring at something that's good looking for the sheer sensory pleasure of it.

Another thing is that what counts as success in society is based off of the majority, and it's Sensors. Ns value things beyond the see-able. INFPs are powerfully value driven (Joan of Arc, kind of), INFJs value growth and honesty which can rankle Ss who are used to other Ss sugarcoating things (an INFJ WILL be mean if he thinks it'll improve the person in the long run, SPs are more now based)

Well the gist is that Ns are less concrete and sensors cant 'read' people like other Ns can (N can distinguish patterns quickly, unlike S which, usually?, needs to see the pattern first hand. "you dont KNOW that" says the S, while the N is quite sure of their idea.

I'm just running in circles right now... Basically its a clash of the norm (S traits like concreteness and 'having fun' or 'having the most toys compared to the Joneses') versus N traits (Truth of values, understanding things and people, et cetera)

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yep. Definitely an alien (100% Insa-Ne). I don't see it as a disadvantage. I usually enjoy my own perspective and get a chuckle out of it. I'm surrounded by many Ns though so it doesn't seem so odd. The few Ss I know and I had deer in the headlights moments when we were first introduced but it's the people themselves and their humor that endears them and they accept me wholly as I accept them.

hommefatal

Oh yeah, that's me.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I feel like an alien. I just wish I had the mothership's phone number.

I have actually said before that I come from Neptune. Seriously.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
OK so i have just jumped from page 1 to 8 so i may of missed something .. ahhh sod it.

This information you have on S's .. where did you get it from?

Firstly, regarding the swimsuit crap .. NO, put your clothes back on love and talk. Lets really see what you think and feel.
Joan of Arc .. Growth and honesty rocks, so why would this rankle me? Sugarcoating WTF???
I am great at reading people (their words, body language and what they are not saying ;)) .. Only INTJ's that will get me everytime (no surprise there).

You have some strange misconceptions as to how Sensor's work!!!!
Or wait a minute .. Is it a case of well i knew ONE sensor who behaved like this so they all must be.

Did i sugarcoat it enough for ya? :steam:

You're acting like someone with bad N who is jumping to conclusions.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well I'm an S (borderline now apparently :huh:) and feel like a complete outsider. Mind you, my friends are almost exclusively Ns, and we tend to feel a bond through our weirdness, so maybe this does imply something...

People have been telling me I'm weird to my face through my whole life. It doesn't matter, that's what we all need to realise, S or N.