• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

N = alien?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Too bad daily life (bills, work, stupid organisational stuff like filing forms for the government etc) keeps you having to return to this dreary world though...

Edit: meh, ok I think I'll go back to my bonkers mood, I'm not enjoying this gloomy stuff :D

When you're on such a deep level with another human being, it's like reality doesn't even matter. You can have a serious fight over bills or who was supposed to buy what at the store, but once you step into the spiritual realm, into the pool, it simply doesn't matter. it's hard to say, because I don't have a job, i don't live by myself, and I don't pay bills..so I don't understand the hardships of life..but I have developed a very romantic calling for depth and sharing it with someone, and I'm just erupting to spread it..but I have a few years 'til that person comes along.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have to be honest with you Amargith in saying that I am less and less attending to those sorts of things hahaha and I focus more and more on the other place, however, faith provides an atmosphere for the miraculous which usually sees me through :D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have to be honest with you Amargith in saying that I am less and less attending to those sorts of things hahaha and I focus more and more on the other place, however, faith provides an atmosphere for the miraculous which usually sees me through :D

Amen.

I couldn't see myself being able to achieve these states without a strong spiritual calling..and not just one certain religion, as I incorporate each belief system into a deeper level of being and loving.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've lived in that realm too long, ignoring the responsibilities that the material world demanded of me...and it's caused all kinds of trouble. I'm addicted to being stuck in my own world and often resent being dragged out of it because of practical stuff. And I'm not talking about fighting with my SO. You are right, in my relationship I'm able to stay in that world, as my SO actually sort of shields me from the real world. But some things even he cannot take care of for me, such as my social obligations to my family, buying groceries, dealing with cruel people I encounter, etc :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I've lived in that realm too long, ignoring the responsibilities that the material world demanded of me...and it's caused all kinds of trouble. I'm addicted to being stuck in my own world and often resent being dragged out of it because of practical stuff. And I'm not talking about fighting with my SO. You are right, in my relationship I'm able to stay in that world, as my SO actually sort of shields me from the real world. But some things even he cannot take care of for me, such as my social obligations to my family, buying groceries, dealing with cruel people I encounter, etc :)

I guess you have to have a healthy and efficient practical life to have a healthy and rich spiritual life.

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
My intution leaves me abit distracted and impractical at times in irl. Sometimes I feel alone by this, though I can't imagine living any other way. Home would be people that I feel connected with, in a good atmosphere and of love, otherwise it'd just be a building house aswell as in the literal and metaphorical sense.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess you have to have a healthy and efficient practical life to have a healthy and rich spiritual life.

Any chance you have a manual on this stuff? :D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Any chance you have a manual on this stuff? :D

Hah, nope. I guess I've developed it manually, and through experience..some of which have been extremely tough to deal with..and it seems as though Spirituality has helped..when there's nothing else in life to run to, one should turn to spirituality. And it's not something you can hear about, not something you can read in a manual..you have to experience life at its best and worst, and create your own path..spirituality is a different path for each person.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hah, nope. I guess I've developed it manually, and through experience..some of which have been extremely tough to deal with..and it seems as though Spirituality has helped..when there's nothing else in life to run to, one should turn to spirituality. And it's not something you can hear about, not something you can read in a manual..you have to experience life at its best and worst, and create your own path..spirituality is a different path for each person.

Oh the spiritual part is not the part that I need a manual on...its the other part :blush:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't feel like an alien. If anything, more like Neo. I chose the N pill and that makes me miserable. I should have sticked with the S pill and lived a less complicated life.

Wow I was just thinking about this today. Wondering if I really like the "N" (NF?) I have going on. Is "depth" really worth the difficulty?

Anentropic IxTx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Anyone else feel like they don't belong in this world, on this planet and especially in this society? People have been telling me for years that I need to adapt to society and stop being weird. And I've been feeling for years like I don't belong here. Also, could it have something to do with being a very extreme N?

I often think of myself as an alien...

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
i pride myself on sometimes being seen as "weird" because firstly it lets a very selective amount of people be interested in me and my weirdness, and it's only these people that i truly want to be friends with, and secondly, because i find being weird very amusing, especially seeing other peoples reactions to it

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Anyone else feel like they don't belong in this world, on this planet and especially in this society?

A lot.

People have been telling me for years that I need to adapt to society and stop being weird.

They do the same to me, although with more expletives because I am much less likeable than you.

And I've been feeling for years like I don't belong here. Also, could it have something to do with being a very extreme N?

You belong on the internet. N is reason why a lot of internet people, even E's typically remain home. It's so that they can talk with other N's and not have to deal with S's attempting to psychologically kill them. How high is your N anyways, because mine is a 78, and I am basically a separate species from my ES "peers", for want of a better term I must call them that. It's like my S peers are deading subtitles of what I am saying as though I am speaking a diferent language, and the translations are very poor and intended to piss them off. My witty joke to them is a deadly insult. If it weren't against rules to beat me up, I would have already killed many people in self defense. It's usually the really S artisans that I have this problem with. SJ's notice that I'm weird and therefore have expectations that I won't be normal. SP's get caught up in the moment and carried away by my statements. Take for example: my bantering in the SP forum. I considered my statements to jsut be statements and witty exchanges. The SP's there were seriously pissed, and took it serously. In one case, Salty Wench didn't even read my whole post and emotionally replied: "you know nothing!" That describes part of my issues with sensors.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You have to live like that Ama:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdPgsJvf4PA"].[/YOUTUBE]

I am just wondering, havent you come to terms yet with being different ? I think its a great advantage one has there to actually change something for the better in this world. But its a hell not of an easy way to think so

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
N-tech. is the future!
6a00d8341c51c053ef01156f5f899c970c-450wi

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Does anyone truly feel like they're connected to this world?

Cause I sure don't. It's isolating in a way... even when you're in a personal group, the walls and the floors grow and expand around you and it separates you from the rest of the world

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've been making inroads to be more identifiable in reality and feel less of a mind spark floating amongst people who know yet know not who it is. Then that could be possible here too, different dimensional symmetry makes for interesting alien autopsies. Who amongst you is alien, none, we're human beings and as such choose to identify or disassociate based on experience and hurt.

The lack of connect and escape happens out of dissatisfaction when some needs and wants are being unfulfilled in the physical reality. So some would turn to spiritual sources, some find addictions of various degrees, while others daydream, big time daydreamer. :D

Staying in the zone is safer, a way to de-stress from the mundane everyday. Which is why the internet is such a great place to chill out in moderation, haha, yeah right.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They do the same to me, although with more expletives because I am much less likeable than you.

You belong on the internet. N is reason why a lot of internet people, even E's typically remain home. It's so that they can talk with other N's and not have to deal with S's attempting to psychologically kill them. How high is your N anyways, because mine is a 78, and I am basically a separate species from my ES "peers", for want of a better term I must call them that. It's like my S peers are deading subtitles of what I am saying as though I am speaking a diferent language, and the translations are very poor and intended to piss them off. My witty joke to them is a deadly insult. If it weren't against rules to beat me up, I would have already killed many people in self defense. It's usually the really S artisans that I have this problem with. SJ's notice that I'm weird and therefore have expectations that I won't be normal. SP's get caught up in the moment and carried away by my statements. Take for example: my bantering in the SP forum. I considered my statements to jsut be statements and witty exchanges. The SP's there were seriously pissed, and took it serously. In one case, Salty Wench didn't even read my whole post and emotionally replied: "you know nothing!" That describes part of my issues with sensors.

Ah, sweety, you'll have to learn how to formulate things I guess :)
I was the same and yet very different, but never likable as you assumed. In my teenage years I was too honest, too blatant, too emotional for people. And, I called them out when they were lying which was showing in their bodylanguage. They didn't appreciate that either. I did have friends, but it took a while and most were outside of school, and not exactly peers. I also responded to differently than you. I wasn't able to see what I did wrong, and it killed me to see that my good intentions weren't appreciated. I became insecure and sad, a forced introvert and highly volatile emotionally. It was only around 17, in a group outside of school, that I learned how to get along with people and even then it was often hit and miss.

My N is 84 btw.

You have to live like that Ama:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdPgsJvf4PA"].[/YOUTUBE]

I am just wondering, havent you come to terms yet with being different ? I think its a great advantage one has there to actually change something for the better in this world. But its a hell not of an easy way to think so

Cute, ent :D

I came to terms with being different a long time ago. Still hurts though. It's..disharmony I guess. Part of me also likes it coz it makes me unique in a way, something I strive to be, but another part of me wants to be able to connect with everything and everyone in my life, so that's an epic fail. I consider it a goal to be able to get everyone and make myself clear to everyone, to have transparancy and understanding. I already came to the conclusion that that's enough. I don't need them to approve or like me, as long as they don't base their judgement on misinformation. However, often people don't care and just don't bother getting the right info before they judge. Or, sometimes I fail at explaining, or reading them properly myself.

I've also given up on trying to change the world...maybe I need a J for that, who knows, but the world has disappointed me too many times :)

The lack of connect and escape happens out of dissatisfaction when some needs and wants are being unfulfilled in the physical reality. So some would turn to spiritual sources, some find addictions of various degrees, while others daydream, big time daydreamer. :D

Staying in the zone is safer, a way to de-stress from the mundane everyday. Which is why the internet is such a great place to chill out in moderation, haha, yeah right.

Yeah...key word being moderation. But why wouldn't you stay, if there's nothing to go back to. I recently had that conversation with my So, who was worried about me escaping too much into these worlds. And I asked him..what possible motivation can you give me to come back to this one. He answered: 'Me.' Good answer, I must admit, but I rather have him join me in my world then :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never really felt alien. I always had friends in school. I never had trouble getting friends. From early on I recognized that people appreciated me being myself. Not too outgoing, but witty and reasonable. And capable of drinking a lot compared to the average person without getting sick.

Well, technically I did get sick, but my body is nearly incapable of regurgitating. So it was rather easy to keep things inside. A nasty side effect is that I once suffered from alcohol poisoning a few days and I don't think I've felt more sick then those few days. :p

I always knew I was not like the average person, but I wasn't too far away either. I could mimic behaviour pretty well if the situation would ask for it in order to function within the school's 'society'.

I always found it a fun challenge to try and read other peoples reactions. To get to know them better mostly. And to understand other people better.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Anyone else feel like they don't belong in this world, on this planet and especially in this society? People have been telling me for years that I need to adapt to society and stop being weird. And I've been feeling for years like I don't belong here. Also, could it have something to do with being a very extreme N?

As far as being around too many people, sort of, I just prefer to be alone. As far as society's opinions go, not really.