User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: N = alien?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I can relate to the OP. I'm 100% N...

It's a daily struggle for me to get through. I have felt like an alien for as long as I can remember. I know I seem aloof and unapproachable to others but that's just how it has to be. I just don't have the stamina or interest to engage in chit-chat or put on a friendly mask most of the time. I just try to go unnoticed.

Sniffles

I find myself more at home in the more intangible aspects of human life. I addressed much of this in my blog entry Living the contemplative life. As I stated: "The contrast I find between my everyday affairs and my contemplative side are overwhelming at times. I'm often confused as to how the two even fit together into my life."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

My sensotardedness is often looked at like I'm some kind of alien, they're just like: how could you possibly leave that there more than once? It's also quite funny when I drive/walk past the destination, I usually know where things are via my head rather than sensory details, the details create somewhat of a map, and then after a while, I don't pay any attention, I do it automatically and live inside my head. I miss the destination when my estimate of where the place is is a little bit off in my mind. I guess you can feel alien when you're the only one around you acting like this, it's annoying when people don't understand how you could be like that, but you've got to live with it (by pretending that Ns are sooooo much better than Ss)
    5 3 9

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Our N came along much later in the evolutionary timeline compared to their S, which means we are more highly evolved and advanced than they are.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

*kicks mort* behave already
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

your resident asshole

ALIENS??!! Run for the hills!

>.>

Sorry, I had to do that.

MBTI
    UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Anyone else feel like they don't belong in this world, on this planet and especially in this society? People have been telling me for years that I need to adapt to society and stop being weird. And I've been feeling for years like I don't belong here. Also, could it have something to do with being a very extreme N?
    I don't know whether it has to do with being N or not, because I'm skeptical when it comes to typing, but my response is:
    Oh god yes. I think this is what fostered my somewhat introverted personality. I mean, ugh, sometimes I really hate people. lololol Geez, why doesn't anyone ever understand me?!?!? UGGH! i'm so mad right now. and no, I'm not going to make the effort to try and make you understand me, because every time i do it never works!!!...No matter how simplified I make it, it's never enough for you people!! :steam:

lmao ok sorry i'll end rant right there. I really do love people...sometimes.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    If you have any letter in "extreme" zone you will have problems in life because of it.

But you will also get a certain bonus. What others will not.
    OK, what if you have FOUR letters in the "extreme zone?"
    My scores for E, S, T, and P were pretty much maxed out.

I feel out of place with the world around me simply because I am thinking and processing sensory stimuli much faster than those around me, or those I'm working with. I do not feel displaced as many intuitives do, but I can empathize with feeling out of sorts at times.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    *kicks mort* behave already
    *shoots Amargith with kitten launcher* How can you hope to resist such cuteness? I love cats!

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Are you two having a lovers' quarrel?