• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

N = alien?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know I joke a lot about unicorns and have fairy avatars and stuff...but if at all possible, I'd pick their realm over ours any day. So what about you guys...what feels like home to you? :)

ygolo

My termites win
Kiersey did, at one time, make the split that S's were "earthlings" and N's were from some other planet (I think he used Mars).

But anyone can feel alienated, I think.

For me, it's this notion (foisted on me by others) that I am "technical" (which is really meant in a dismissive way).

I don't view my thought patterns as "technical" at all. I just like to have models (and I believe my models to be rather accurate) for the way things work. I believe it to be a very powerful, and at the risk of seeming arrogant, better-than-average way of looking at the world.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't view my thought patterns as "technical" at all. I just like to have models (and I believe my models to be rather accurate) for the way things work.

What is the difference?

Skyline

Everyone can feel like an alien for some reason.
It's like groups or people hold you up to certain standards and when you cross their lines or act like something they are not used to that's when you know you're maybe gonna need to adapt yourself... You don't Have to, really... It depends how important it is.
If it's a minor issue, screw them.
If it influences your happiness and life quality, I'd suggest to remind yourself of Darwin and get along with it =p at least that's what I told myself today, but you don't have to listen to that.

Last edited:

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Anyone else feel like they don't belong in this world, on this planet and especially in this society? People have been telling me for years that I need to adapt to society and stop being weird. And I've been feeling for years like I don't belong here. Also, could it have something to do with being a very extreme N?

When people tell me to stop being weird I just ignore them. I am how I am. I like who I am. There are plenty of others in the world who are attracted to my weirdness. I see no reason to stop. If they don't like, they can just learn to deal. And if they think its for my own benefit, they're wrong.

Yes I am different from the majority of people, but frankly, the majority of people suck and I'm glad I'm different from them. In fact, being unique just for uniqueness's sake is fun. I wouldn't have it any other way.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Anyone else feel like they don't belong in this world, on this planet and especially in this society? People have been telling me for years that I need to adapt to society and stop being weird. And I've been feeling for years like I don't belong here. Also, could it have something to do with being a very extreme N?

Definitely. All the time.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Kiersey did, at one time, make the split that S's were "earthlings" and N's were from some other planet (I think he used Mars).

But anyone can feel alienated, I think.

For me, it's this notion (foisted on me by others) that I am "technical" (which is really meant in a dismissive way).

I don't view my thought patterns as "technical" at all. I just like to have models (and I believe my models to be rather accurate) for the way things work. I believe it to be a very powerful, and at the risk of seeming arrogant, better-than-average way of looking at the world.

+1

I think all types feel alienated in some way. Look at the SJs. People assume they are totally at home in society and made for it, but from reading the board it is obvious that they feel out of place too. Society is a compromise between many ways of looking at the world and many viewpoints. It will never be one type's ideal, because all types will have an influence on it. Some types in the minorities might feel it more though.

I also think INTP thinking is very powerful and precise, and very useful. I think ENP thinking is overlooked a lot also though, because of its less structured nature. All thinking styles have their place, and at work I'm beginning to learn to use the people with the right thinking styles in the right places. I'm slow as all hell when it comes to careful and precise logical steps. But I see and rip apart systems as quick as anything. You guys are lucky in the sense that you get that precise logical, but have the Ne there to do the linking work in a less distracting position than dominant.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
+1

I think all types feel alienated in some way. Look at the SJs. People assume they are totally at home in society and made for it, but from reading the board it is obvious that they feel out of place too.

Yeah but almost all of the SJs on this board are also introverts, which would explain some of their difficulties with society, not their SJness.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't feel like an alien so much these days...well, not as often as I did growing up, although I'm aware other people still see me as such. I'm not exactly run of the mill...nor do I want to be. Mind you I have an easier time of it in Australia, then I ever did in NZ (as much as I love my home country, it's the truth).
I once was informed, by a not so well meaning work collegue, that maybe I wouldn't stand out as such a freak, if I moved to a decent sized city.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I feel like Ns imagination is out of this world, and that it's simply our bodies on this earth..and that our minds can jump through dimensions and universes and into different times and spaces, which one could add is also the same thing as a change in consciousness.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like Ns imagination is out of this world, and that it's simply our bodies on this earth..and that our minds can jump through dimensions and universes and into different times and spaces, which one could add is also the same thing as a change in consciousness.

+ 100000

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

I mean, in a sense, dimmensions and the universe and imaginary concepts all reside in our head. They're all states on the mind's consciousness, which is the very root on Intuition. Tapping into the mind where things aren't necessarily seen, touched, smelled, felt, or heard, but only things that can be imagined..thus- N.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't feel like an alien. If anything, more like Neo. I chose the N pill and that makes me miserable. I should have sticked with the S pill and lived a less complicated life.

Well, I feel like you're high. :p

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I feel most at home in spiritual relams and try and take people with me to them which can be fun.. it certainly makes life less dreary :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I feel most at home in spiritual relams and try and take people with me to them which can be fun.. it certainly makes life less dreary :)

Right on. When I get married, and until I have kids, it's going to be me and my wife, and our own world..a different realm of being.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea... you can so live in that place... we don't have to be earth bound unless we chose to be! When you start to put your faith in that then your reality matches up with it.. people get disappointed by wanting it the other way around!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yea... you can so live in that place... we don't have to be earth bound unless we chose to be! When you start to put your faith in that then your reality matches up with it.. people get disappointed by wanting it the other way around!

Too bad daily life (bills, work, stupid organisational stuff like filing forms for the government etc) keeps you having to return to this dreary world though...

Edit: meh, ok I think I'll go back to my bonkers mood, I'm not enjoying this gloomy stuff :D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Yeah, exactly. I feel like the only other human on the earth would be my wife. Everything else would be silenced and blacked out..just us, in a blissful state of consciousness, on a deep level. It's my lifes calling..that and to bring kids into the world. I can't see myself wanting anything more. A soulmate :)