• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have you noticed a particular difference when relating to someone of your own type?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
For me, I see many differences:

I guess it comes down to Enneagram types- you have your type 7s, your type 9s and your type 4 ENFPs, and they are all a little different. Most ENFPs have shown a common trend as being usually 7 or 9, whereas a little less are type 4- which I am.

A lot of ENFPs have the "silly" gene, as I have seen many posts and threads regarding it. I think it's a result of the strong Ne. I tend not to have a very strong Ne, as my Fi is fairly strong- which seems to be the case for many type 4s. I am not as optimistic as others, I am less logical when it comes to decisions, and I take more things personal. I am an individualistic activist in my own way, and will stand up for any of my values, not afraid to defend and fight. I have an extremely high sense of pride and inspiration and wouldn't back down in the face of danger. I'm sure other ENFPs feel this way, though.

Aside from my heart, I am a scientist in my mind. I usually try to get proof before I can back things up, and can use my Ne for logic, when I'm not dealing with my values. I can have arguments and can take the position of an NT when it's not going to hurt anyone. I am a pragmatist by nature, and I see the world as a semi cruel place, whereas other ENFPs may think differently.

I guess, in general, I have a very, very strong NF where I can balance strong feelings and pride with a bit of a scientific intellect.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
yeah, I think "These idiots CAN'T be INTP - they don't agree with me!!"

relating IRL though.... its like i don't even notice other INTPs around, but that's probably because I'm not looking for them.

Synthetic Darkness

When I'm with other ENFPs...oh lord....its a catastrophe literally. A friend of mine in my gym class is a hardcore ENFP and boy oh boy the teacher wants to choke us to death for being so silly and insane, we don't work hard, but still manage to produce something halfway decent last minute. When I'm with ENTPs I tend to argue and rant a little bit, we offend each other, have long deep conversations, argue a lot, make a lot of plans for projects we NEVER get down to really doing...

*sigh* It's hard for me to choose which type I identify with most of the time...

...on another note are there any type 5 ENFPS? I've never met one o_O

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
are you a 5?! that does seem odd!

Synthetic Darkness

Yeah...a few years ago I would've said I was a 7, but now that I've read a little bit more on enneagrams I realized that I'm more of a type 5.

Tsk...I'm such a weirdo....

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
I know one other INFJ IRL. It was both wonderful and awkward. It seemed so easy to be close to her, to understand what she was thinking and why she was thinking it, to slip into an effortless rhythm of friendship. But I think it was too easy for us to breach the other's defenses. (Defenses are good things, you know.) With her, it was too easy for either of us to slip behind the other's walls. Then it was all awkward, like when you're visiting someone's house and accidently walk in on them while they're changing clothes or using the toilet. I felt that way with her fairly often--embarrassed and conscious that I wasn't quite welcome in this place, even though she didn't want to be rude and kick me out. We seemed to spend an inordinant amount of time going to great lengths to preserve our respective privacy, simply because the normal doors and locks didn't work between us like they did with others.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
whoa...that's interesting...you infj's know how to slink behind my walls too...stop it.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know one other INFJ IRL. It was both wonderful and awkward. It seemed so easy to be close to her, to understand what she was thinking and why she was thinking it, to slip into an effortless rhythm of friendship. But I think it was too easy for us to breach the other's defenses. (Defenses are good things, you know.) With her, it was too easy for either of us to slip behind the other's walls. Then it was all awkward, like when you're visiting someone's house and accidently walk in on them while they're changing clothes or using the toilet. I felt that way with her fairly often--embarrassed and conscious that I wasn't quite welcome in this place, even though she didn't want to be rude and kick me out. We seemed to spend an inordinant amount of time going to great lengths to preserve our respective privacy, simply because the normal doors and locks didn't work between us like they did with others.

Huh...that's interesting! I am friends with three female INFJ's in real life, and one male INFJ, and although I might experience that to a certain extent with one of them, I don't experience it at all with the others. And with the one where there's a bit of a wall, I never really thought it was an INFJ/INFJ thing (seeing as I don't experience that at all with the others)...just thought it was something else about our personalities that just didn't 'connect' or fully trust in an immediate way.

I really, really value the closeness I have with the others, though. I guess I like not having to have walls with them. And as you say, it's effortless...just being on the same wavelength and 'getting' how the other person thinks. No apologies, no misunderstandings, really...and you can talk about stuff and in a way that only another Ni-dom can readily translate (not that others can't..it's just more of an instantaneous thing w/ the INFJ's)

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I had a close male INFP friend, one of my closest, and it was just so naturally easy to talk to him--you know how conversation is so stilted with some types and so fluid with others? Main difference between us was probably that he was definitely a bit more neurotic, and more dependent on people than I am. I don't know if I know any other INFPs :(

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
For some reason (possibly a coincidence) I seem to get on with female ENTJs irl a LOT better than the male ones. Sometimes with other females we get along so well we can finish each others sentences and know exactly what the other one is thinking with just a look or an eyebrow pop. The males have often come across to me as borderline proud of their 'jerk' reputation, and have seemed to be going out of their way to be loud and to offend certain other quiet, unassuming types. I don't like that irl.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I go along well with some of my type.But it depends. You don't alweays get along well with people of your same type. There are interests, and other factors that comes into play.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
For some reason (possibly a coincidence) I seem to get on with female ENTJs irl a LOT better than the male ones. Sometimes with other females we get along so well we can finish each others sentences and know exactly what the other one is thinking with just a look or an eyebrow pop. The males have often come across to me as borderline proud of their 'jerk' reputation, and have seemed to be going out of their way to be loud and to offend certain other quiet, unassuming types. I don't like that irl.

I have no idea why, but I find it really hard to get along with female ENTJs. Not that I don't like them. I do. But even so, I can't help teasing the shit out of them. It's like we can sense our competitive sparks and then compete for no reason at all. And, every time I consider being nice, I see it as giving them an opportunity to dominate me, which I admit is an insecurity I have, and so choose not to. I really wish I could have more meaningful relationships with ENTJ women.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
FWIW Rangler, your posts haven't made me think you're one of *those* male ENTJs at all. Much of what you post makes a lot of sense to me. Maybe it's our Canadian-ness toning us down or something? ;)

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Erina.. this is quite true! I get this way a lot with friends and family. If I meet someone who's similar to me, we often kinda team-up. It's fun. When there's a group of us who share things in common, we can do some things that are muy terrible, sorta like tomboys. It's fun. We certainly amplify each other, and wear each other out after a while. Then we need our mini-down time.

Personality types that have an odd effect on me? I noticed.. sometimes, INTs scare me at first. t's just my insecurity speaking. In the end, I get along well with the ones I know. I have an INTJ friend who's funny as well. When we first met in our science class, she made me want to shit my pants. Then we became lab partners, and she's one of the coolest persons I know! :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FWIW Rangler, your posts haven't made me think you're one of *those* male ENTJs at all. Much of what you post makes a lot of sense to me. Maybe it's our Canadian-ness toning us down or something? ;)
rangler seems all kinds of cool and easy going, doesn't he?

Erina.. this is quite true! I get this way a lot with friends and family. If I meet someone who's similar to me, we often kinda team-up. It's fun. When there's a group of us who share things in common, we can do some things that are muy terrible, sorta like tomboys. It's fun. We certainly amplify each other, and wear each other out after a while. Then we need our mini-down time.

Personality types that have an odd effect on me? I noticed.. sometimes, INTs scare me at first. t's just my insecurity speaking. In the end, I get along well with the ones I know. I have an INTJ friend who's funny as well. When we first met in our science class, she made me want to shit my pants. Then we became lab partners, and she's one of the coolest persons I know! :)

and yeah...i know when i'm with my enfp sister...we will kind of tease someone together...usually my other sister...which is funny actually since i'm the youngest it should be me they're picking on...and yeah...defintely something different and cool with the other enfp's on here too...certain parts of my personality feel amped up...or something...too weird!

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do know one ISTJ female in real life. She's a friend, but not a close friend, kind of within the same social web.

We're both "passively friendly," I would call it. She's very friendly, but not very outgoing and likes to stay in the background.

I think there's mutual respect, but we don't have many interests in common, so we don't have much to talk about.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
The closest I've come to meeting another ENFP is Von Mittendorf's almost extroverted INFP best friend. We communicate well with each other and just turn into incredible idea factories when left in the same room for extended periods of time.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I know an ISTJ who is almost the opposite of me. He is compulsive and uptight. He really has ENTJ written all over him, but the test said he was ISTJ. :shock: But if he were ENTJ I would have a hard time getting along with him, at least, that is usually how it is with them and myself. :yes: Not sure why though.