• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have you noticed a particular difference when relating to someone of your own type?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm just starting to notice that with other ENFP's we seem to feed off each other and become more feisty and don't worry about offending each other like we do with other people...maybe it's just being more comfortable or knowing that they get it since they do it too. It's so interesting to me...i like it.

what about you? is there a particular comfort or ease when with someone of your own type? do you feel they bring out a different side to your personality or amplify one?

and while we're at it...is there another personality type that you've noticed has an odd effect on you...if so, which one and what kind?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pretty much every other INFP I know I can let loose around. I pretty much treat them as I would like to be treated and it all works out just fine. It makes me feel comfortable that I don't have to worry around them.

As for a type that has a weird effect you are going to have to elaborate your question, most every type has some sort of effect on me. :yes:

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
My dad is and ENTJ. My roommate is and ENTJ. We tend to debate, advise, and explain things, even if they are painfully obvious. lol. We also compete in little ways with each other.

The things I've learned to relate to other ENTJs are: have even a small bit of knowledge before you talk, be prepared to be challenged, and when they try to tease you, disqualify yourself confidently. I personally try to out smart them, though, I'm not always successful. :D I always learn a lot from talking to other ENTJs.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't really know...just felt like throwing another question in there. since i so rarely make threads. haha

just thought someone might have an interesting experience with a particular type.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I become really quiet around entps most of the time. We get all deep. Not always, depends.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Since I know only two other ENFJs IRL, I haven't had a whole lot of experience with it, but being around them causes all hell to break loose. lol My buddy, in particular, Taco - he's hysterical, and we'll wind up riffing on each other until we can't breathe anymore. My twin says we're like Clash of the Titans, and she knows I'm on the phone with Taco because there's nothing but silly taunting and laughing.

But there's also a strange "hey... I know what you mean..." automatic understanding, and I think we both value that highly.

I get along really well with INFJs too (seeing as I know way more than Es), even though they sometimes treat me like I'm the "big sister" who can't disguise herself or take cover when I should.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I found out this girl I got to know some time ago is an infj. I'd never guessed it, she seems so... extraverted somehow. (although in fact very introverted). But I guess so do I. Being around her is... comfortable, excatly. There's just some sort of affection for her. The more I get to know her, the more I see how similar we are.

Her ways of influencing and interacting are similar, and I can see how she as well is careful choosing the people she hangs out with. With those people she is outgoing, has natural charm, she's always smiling and laughing. We could keep on talking forever 1-1 or with few other ppl. She's the most serious and the nutsiest person I know.
And also the kindest, yet the most focused and most intense.

An ENFP probably most certainly has a profound effect on me. We bring out new sides in each other. Click and complement.
She's the fire for my engine. Although all the humour and all the fun is by her, if an outsider would see us (come to think of it it's a sight you'd probably not want to see) it'd be me who'd seem the crazy one (I get crazy with/because of/about her, can't help it) Wait a minute ... it's totally calculated ! :D

I blame Ne. :thelook:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
it'd be me who'd seem the crazy one (I get crazy with/because of/about her, can't help it) Wait a minute ... it's totally calculated ! :D
That'd make her an entp, silly ;)

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
That'd make her an entp, silly ;)

She's not :D Not. But it is

But Is she?

Can't?

stop confusing me :D !

Right?

No? Yea? Sure? Yes

but damn the girl is clever :D!

G

garbage

Other ENTJs can be a bit closed-minded or insensitive for my tastes (hence my very, very weak T and J preferences), but they're good for a debate or a challenge.

My ENTJ brother and I will basically exhaust each other when it comes to debating each others' views and priorities. Even though I can usually see his side of the argument, I can't admit that "he could be right" or he'll view it as a victory ;)

My ENTJ dad? Not so much.. he's a pretty weak J with a relatively open mind. No challenge there at all :)

I also work with three (!) other ENTJs and deal closely with two of them. We largely come to agreement when it comes to at least the need for long-term planning and foster a pretty cooperative atmosphere.

I'm gonna go ahead and chime in for ENTPs too, since I'm pretty well borderline J. When I get together with them, it's less of a debate and more of just a musing of ideas, jumping from topic to topic without end in an unfocused discussion.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
a mirror against a mirror

=infinity. (for all types).

= = infinite possibilites. the things most defining for us are kept hidden.

it helps if the other infj is a bit more extraverted/about the same. the more you get to know another infj the more you see the similarity. but at first glance might be, omg what planet did that person/thing escape from as it may seem like "we have nothing in common".

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I can usually tell the SP posts on this board without looking at their type, and when it comes to the xSFP's, I always give a silent nod and fist bump every time I read one of their posts, like "yup, they get it".

Valhallahereicome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w7
I'm INFP but haven't met anyone whose INFP-ness I was sure about since this guy who I fell head over heels for. He, well, didn't reciprocate, but to me it was the deepest emotional connection I've ever had. Kind of a mystical wonder and appreciation of beauty and ideals, completely untrammeled by cynicism or rationality on his side. The cynicism and rationality was all on my side, which is maybe why it didn't work for him.

I'm just starting to notice that with other ENFP's we seem to feed off each other and become more feisty and don't worry about offending each other like we do with other people...maybe it's just being more comfortable or knowing that they get it since they do it too. It's so interesting to me...i like it.

I love ENFPs for this reason! My ENFP friend really only gets offended by closed-mindedness in discussion - anything else flies. When we're together, our ideas get crazier and crazier but I feel like he accepts and understands my feelings as well, without the least hint of judgment.

ENFJs seem to make up a good proportion of my close friends. We get super idealistic together but also randomly break out into hysterical laughter. They are more easily offended, so I take more care with my words, and oftentimes I think that they are passing judgment too quickly on someone or something and I try to gently make them see other points of view.

Introverts are awesome, as long as I'm able to draw them out. They often have rich inner worlds. I have trouble relating to INTPs though, because me lil brain can't understand all their theories, but I really respect their intellect.

My ENTP friend is great because in our arguments, he forces me to reexamine all my ideals logically and he himself can logically justify anything he says. The conversation never stops on "this is just the way it has to be"; we can argue for hours on anything and learn a lot from each other.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
entps, please leave me alone.
and don't argue. it's not attractive.

redacted

In my house of 5 people, there are 3 INFJs. We have incredible conversations all the time (us three).

It's very nice, especially as an NFJ, to not have to worry about people interpreting what I mean too narrowly or getting offended or feeling awkward or whatever. At first, we all kept saying stuff like "sorry for interrupting" or "I feel like I'm taking up too much of the conversation"...you know, bullshit annoying Fe stuff. But we quickly learned not to care and it's awesome.

I have two other peripheral friends that are INFJs and my experience is quite similar with them.

This might be more true for INFJs that are attracted to social circles like mine, though...and INFJs in similar age groups...and INFJs with a similar educational background.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In my house of 5 people, there are 3 INFJs. We have incredible conversations all the time (us three).

Me: [bag of rice crackers] Want one?
Dad: Okay!
Me: [crunching crackers]
Dad: [crunching crackers]
Me: [crunching crackers]
Dad: [existential] This tastes like... nothing. But crunchy. Something that's... nothing... that's also crunchy.
Me: I'm sorry you can't appreciate subtlety. [snatching bag away]
Dad: [Seinfeld voice] Cracker nazi!
[moment of silence]
Dad: This needs ham.

My INFJ father and I have strange conversations all the time, especially if left to ourselves.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ