User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    We have a secret phrase?! Why was I not notified? (I understand that my no longer having ears creates something of a problem with verbal communication...)
    Which is why it's in sign language.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

For me, I see many differences:

I guess it comes down to Enneagram types- you have your type 7s, your type 9s and your type 4 ENFPs, and they are all a little different. Most ENFPs have shown a common trend as being usually 7 or 9, whereas a little less are type 4- which I am.

A lot of ENFPs have the "silly" gene, as I have seen many posts and threads regarding it. I think it's a result of the strong Ne. I tend not to have a very strong Ne, as my Fi is fairly strong- which seems to be the case for many type 4s. I am not as optimistic as others, I am less logical when it comes to decisions, and I take more things personal. I am an individualistic activist in my own way, and will stand up for any of my values, not afraid to defend and fight. I have an extremely high sense of pride and inspiration and wouldn't back down in the face of danger. I'm sure other ENFPs feel this way, though.

Aside from my heart, I am a scientist in my mind. I usually try to get proof before I can back things up, and can use my Ne for logic, when I'm not dealing with my values. I can have arguments and can take the position of an NT when it's not going to hurt anyone. I am a pragmatist by nature, and I see the world as a semi cruel place, whereas other ENFPs may think differently.

I guess, in general, I have a very, very strong NF where I can balance strong feelings and pride with a bit of a scientific intellect.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

yeah, I think "These idiots CAN'T be INTP - they don't agree with me!!"

relating IRL though.... its like i don't even notice other INTPs around, but that's probably because I'm not looking for them.

When I'm with other ENFPs...oh lord....its a catastrophe literally. A friend of mine in my gym class is a hardcore ENFP and boy oh boy the teacher wants to choke us to death for being so silly and insane, we don't work hard, but still manage to produce something halfway decent last minute. When I'm with ENTPs I tend to argue and rant a little bit, we offend each other, have long deep conversations, argue a lot, make a lot of plans for projects we NEVER get down to really doing...

*sigh* It's hard for me to choose which type I identify with most of the time...

...on another note are there any type 5 ENFPS? I've never met one o_O
    Men are like parking spaces/the good ones are always taken and the ones left are handicapped or to small.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

are you a 5?! that does seem odd!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Yeah...a few years ago I would've said I was a 7, but now that I've read a little bit more on enneagrams I realized that I'm more of a type 5.

Tsk...I'm such a weirdo....
    Men are like parking spaces/the good ones are always taken and the ones left are handicapped or to small.

MBTI
    INFJ

I know one other INFJ IRL. It was both wonderful and awkward. It seemed so easy to be close to her, to understand what she was thinking and why she was thinking it, to slip into an effortless rhythm of friendship. But I think it was too easy for us to breach the other's defenses. (Defenses are good things, you know.) With her, it was too easy for either of us to slip behind the other's walls. Then it was all awkward, like when you're visiting someone's house and accidently walk in on them while they're changing clothes or using the toilet. I felt that way with her fairly often--embarrassed and conscious that I wasn't quite welcome in this place, even though she didn't want to be rude and kick me out. We seemed to spend an inordinant amount of time going to great lengths to preserve our respective privacy, simply because the normal doors and locks didn't work between us like they did with others.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

whoa...that's interesting...you infj's know how to slink behind my walls too...stop it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    I know one other INFJ IRL. It was both wonderful and awkward. It seemed so easy to be close to her, to understand what she was thinking and why she was thinking it, to slip into an effortless rhythm of friendship. But I think it was too easy for us to breach the other's defenses. (Defenses are good things, you know.) With her, it was too easy for either of us to slip behind the other's walls. Then it was all awkward, like when you're visiting someone's house and accidently walk in on them while they're changing clothes or using the toilet. I felt that way with her fairly often--embarrassed and conscious that I wasn't quite welcome in this place, even though she didn't want to be rude and kick me out. We seemed to spend an inordinant amount of time going to great lengths to preserve our respective privacy, simply because the normal doors and locks didn't work between us like they did with others.
    Huh...that's interesting! I am friends with three female INFJ's in real life, and one male INFJ, and although I might experience that to a certain extent with one of them, I don't experience it at all with the others. And with the one where there's a bit of a wall, I never really thought it was an INFJ/INFJ thing (seeing as I don't experience that at all with the others)...just thought it was something else about our personalities that just didn't 'connect' or fully trust in an immediate way.

I really, really value the closeness I have with the others, though. I guess I like not having to have walls with them. And as you say, it's effortless...just being on the same wavelength and 'getting' how the other person thinks. No apologies, no misunderstandings, really...and you can talk about stuff and in a way that only another Ni-dom can readily translate (not that others can't..it's just more of an instantaneous thing w/ the INFJ's)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP

I had a close male INFP friend, one of my closest, and it was just so naturally easy to talk to him--you know how conversation is so stilted with some types and so fluid with others? Main difference between us was probably that he was definitely a bit more neurotic, and more dependent on people than I am. I don't know if I know any other INFPs