User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

With INTs there's no pressure to talk and not talking in the same room with them is usually much more comfortable than talking, or compared to not talking in the presence of a non-INT.
    With an INT it's like being with a mirror (conversing with your reflection? the mere thought of it is insane) But when I try to not talk in the presence of a non-INT they always think I'm upset or stuck up.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    I'm just starting to notice that with other ENFP's we seem to feed off each other and become more feisty and don't worry about offending each other like we do with other people...maybe it's just being more comfortable or knowing that they get it since they do it too. It's so interesting to me...i like it.

what about you? is there a particular comfort or ease when with someone of your own type? do you feel they bring out a different side to your personality or amplify one?

and while we're at it...is there another personality type that you've noticed has an odd effect on you...if so, which one and what kind?
    Well I haven't met many other ENTPs. Of those whom I believe I have met, it's like we can run logic threads, 'superfast' keeping in lockstep. I think it's most appreciated mutually in a work scenario. It almost feels like our thoughts, and I believe sometimes this is actually true, exceed the speed of their spoken equivalent...That once, especially using deductive logic, one starts the logic and both 'see' in the minds' eye, where the thinking is proceeding, it takes off like a jet.
    Also during these times it's best to govern one's E and let the other talk, unless something must be said...otherwise this can appear the context becomes, and it depends on the personal style, like a contest. So I usually add a measure of social skill to the equation whilst I at the same time feel the value of efficiency to get the ideas 'established' with the other person(s).
    Sometimes I think others may view this as an ENTP being egomaniacal...I assure you it's not by me, it's actually an ambiguously apparent value of efficiency in thought being expressed. ENTPs are the creators of new inventions and systems and this 'process' is essential to the accomplishment of that progress through getting the thoughts established. Sometimes the most important or essential part of an invention is revelated and coined from these kinds of conversations.
    In personal scenarios there's less of a common goal apparent..I don't have much experience with ENTPs in social settings. I have an ENTJ friend and I can understand why they can be so rough to be around...at the same time I can follow them in thought and we usually get along well if I choose.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    I can usually tell the SP posts on this board without looking at their type, and when it comes to the xSFP's, I always give a silent nod and fist bump every time I read one of their posts, like "yup, they get it".
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    While I was reading this post I did exactly what it said!

ain't that a kick in the head!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    *fist bump*
    I love you guys!!! (Fist bump and giant hug for all of you, since I have the E I have to be slightly different. )

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

But anyway, I love other ESFP's.
    There is total understanding around them.
    One of my closest friends is ESFP.
    We call ourselves the "two person party."
    when we go out and have fun, we feel like we're with 10 people.

Sometimes we get really loud and giggly out of excitement that someone out there just wants to go nuts and do whatever the hell we want. (I think that's all we want, but no one seems to want to follow in our adventures, except for other ESFP's) We are probably a bad influence on each other, but its okay. We have "looks" that we give each other that can say 1,000 words just out of understanding. When we're together, we drink excessively, shop too much, stay up too late, laugh too loud.

So we definitely amplify each other's personalities times 10.

So instead of esfp squared like it should be, its esfp x 10.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Well I haven't met many other ENTPs. Of those whom I believe I have met, it's like we can run logic threads, 'superfast' keeping in lockstep. I think it's most appreciated mutually in a work scenario. It almost feels like our thoughts, and I believe sometimes this is actually true, exceed the speed of their spoken equivalent...That once, especially using deductive logic, one starts the logic and both 'see' in the minds' eye, where the thinking is proceeding, it takes off like a jet.
    Also during these times it's best to govern one's E and let the other talk, unless something must be said...otherwise this can appear the context becomes, and it depends on the personal style, like a contest. So I usually add a measure of social skill to the equation whilst I at the same time feel the value of efficiency to get the ideas 'established' with the other person(s).
    Sometimes I think others may view this as an ENTP being egomaniacal...I assure you it's not by me, it's actually an ambiguously apparent value of efficiency in thought being expressed. ENTPs are the creators of new inventions and systems and this 'process' is essential to the accomplishment of that progress through getting the thoughts established. Sometimes the most important or essential part of an invention is revelated and coined from these kinds of conversations.
    In personal scenarios there's less of a common goal apparent..I don't have much experience with ENTPs in social settings. I have an ENTJ friend and I can understand why they can be so rough to be around...at the same time I can follow them in thought and we usually get along well if I choose.
    yes! i know what you mean! the brain works so much faster than you can say it and jumping ahead so quickly that it often doesn't make sense to other people unless they're on the same train of thought...i love it!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

As far as types that have an odd effect. Before I understood types it was a few that I kind of shyed away from.

estp, esfj, entj, intj, istp. wow, that's a lot!!

Now none of these bother me. entj's still have a weird affect on me but in an opposite way. They make me really silly and open up more. I do not know why. I find them pretty charming. They find me pretty charming. Its a pretty charming experience. I wish there were more of them around.

(I guess God didn't want anymore war or cannibalism. )

oh, and I also like to tease them mercilessly.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    what about you? is there a particular comfort or ease when with someone of your own type? do you feel they bring out a different side to your personality or amplify one?
    Absolutely yes! Engaging other INFJs in deep conversation about various topics is a very special experience. I can't even begin to describe the feeling. I went totally crazy after chatting with an INFJ woman.

and while we're at it...is there another personality type that you've noticed has an odd effect on you...if so, which one and what kind?
    Yes....ENFPs.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

It must be really great for inxjs to get to talk to someone else of their type. Because they are so rare!!

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    It must be really great for inxjs to get to talk to someone else of their type. Because they are so rare!!
    Yeah, it's wonderful to finally know that there's other insane people in the world.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    We don't need one, we have a secret phrase.
    We have a secret phrase?! Why was I not notified? (I understand that my no longer having ears creates something of a problem with verbal communication...)

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    That's Uytuun and I together right there.
    lol!

For the record, tater tots smell awesome. Just like you.

As to the dynamics aspect, Taco and I seem to feed each other as far as energy goes. Then again, if one of us is upset or mad we both mirror that too. He's also a remarkably sensitive guy (not touchy) and I think we both find it alarming sometimes when we say things alike or react in tandem. It's eerie to be standing next to someone who's reflecting your own emotions.

I have an ENTP friend who's going through a tough time. I talked him down. Knowing how grumpy and radioactive I can be, I have difficulty understanding how I'm in any way comforting or focusing, but he comes to me to get calm anyway. I have had more than one hardened xNTP break down in tears on me, and I take that very seriously. I try to be a safe place for them, if they can't cope anymore. If only I wasn't so sick, I could do more. I hate that I'm not able to give 100%.

There's that little aspect of mystery about the draw between certain types. It is its own strange liturgy...