• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Have you noticed a particular difference when relating to someone of your own type?

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
Other INTJs are fun, especially the more balanced ones. There's another INTJ girl in my physics class. We don't pay attention whatsoever and spend a lot of time drawing things and talking. Usually one of us will make some absurd comment about a situation and the other one is just like "YES."

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
With other INTPs and INTJs I don't think as much about whether something will be offensive or taken the wrong way, which frees up communication a bit. I also don't feel the pressure to keep explaining and modifying what I'm saying because most of them will understand without me having to clarify.

Overall, I have the easiest time communicating with NPs.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You and Erin should do the chest bump.

Many, many times.

And get it on video. :D

I did. It's called "Two Girls Chest Bump After Rolling Jeffster Up In A Very Expensive Silk-Wool Blend Antique Carpet For Sale to Abu Dhabi."

It's straight to DVD, but a gem nonetheless. Just wait for the bathroom scene with the vampire bats doing Fossey hands and splashing each other with Jean Nate. :p

Lots of naked guys too.

With other INTPs and INTJs I don't think as much about whether something will be offensive or taken the wrong way, which frees up communication a bit. I also don't feel the pressure to keep explaining and modifying what I'm saying because most of them will understand without me having to clarify.

Overall, I have the easiest time communicating with NPs.

NP: *tsk*
NJ: You disgust me.
NP: Not as much as you disgust me.
NJ: In exponential terms?
NP: As if. You plebeian.
NJ: I don't smell like tater tots.
NP: True.
NJ: Let's watch Andromeda and make fun of Kevin Sorbo.
NP: Ok.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

Yeah that's basically how it goes, except there's not always a sci-fi show on TV to break the tension.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
Other ENTJs can be a bit closed-minded or insensitive for my tastes (hence my very, very weak T and J preferences), but they're good for a debate or a challenge.

My ENTJ brother and I will basically exhaust each other when it comes to debating each others' views and priorities. Even though I can usually see his side of the argument, I can't admit that "he could be right" or he'll view it as a victory ;)

My ENTJ dad? Not so much.. he's a pretty weak J with a relatively open mind. No challenge there at all :)

I also work with three (!) other ENTJs and deal closely with two of them. We largely come to agreement when it comes to at least the need for long-term planning and foster a pretty cooperative atmosphere.

I'm gonna go ahead and chime in for ENTPs too, since I'm pretty well borderline J. When I get together with them, it's less of a debate and more of just a musing of ideas, jumping from topic to topic without end in an unfocused discussion.

Hahaha classic ENTJ/ENTJ interaction. Good times.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP

That's Uytuun and I together right there.

MBTI Type
ENTP
With INTs there's no pressure to talk and not talking in the same room with them is usually much more comfortable than talking, or compared to not talking in the presence of a non-INT.
With an INT it's like being with a mirror (conversing with your reflection? the mere thought of it is insane) But when I try to not talk in the presence of a non-INT they always think I'm upset or stuck up.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm just starting to notice that with other ENFP's we seem to feed off each other and become more feisty and don't worry about offending each other like we do with other people...maybe it's just being more comfortable or knowing that they get it since they do it too. It's so interesting to me...i like it.

what about you? is there a particular comfort or ease when with someone of your own type? do you feel they bring out a different side to your personality or amplify one?

and while we're at it...is there another personality type that you've noticed has an odd effect on you...if so, which one and what kind?

Well I haven't met many other ENTPs. Of those whom I believe I have met, it's like we can run logic threads, 'superfast' keeping in lockstep. I think it's most appreciated mutually in a work scenario. It almost feels like our thoughts, and I believe sometimes this is actually true, exceed the speed of their spoken equivalent...That once, especially using deductive logic, one starts the logic and both 'see' in the minds' eye, where the thinking is proceeding, it takes off like a jet.
Also during these times it's best to govern one's E and let the other talk, unless something must be said...otherwise this can appear the context becomes, and it depends on the personal style, like a contest. So I usually add a measure of social skill to the equation whilst I at the same time feel the value of efficiency to get the ideas 'established' with the other person(s).
Sometimes I think others may view this as an ENTP being egomaniacal...I assure you it's not by me, it's actually an ambiguously apparent value of efficiency in thought being expressed. ENTPs are the creators of new inventions and systems and this 'process' is essential to the accomplishment of that progress through getting the thoughts established. Sometimes the most important or essential part of an invention is revelated and coined from these kinds of conversations.
In personal scenarios there's less of a common goal apparent..I don't have much experience with ENTPs in social settings. I have an ENTJ friend and I can understand why they can be so rough to be around...at the same time I can follow them in thought and we usually get along well if I choose.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can usually tell the SP posts on this board without looking at their type, and when it comes to the xSFP's, I always give a silent nod and fist bump every time I read one of their posts, like "yup, they get it".

While I was reading this post I did exactly what it said!

ain't that a kick in the head!

:yes: *fist bump*

:) I love you guys!!! (Fist bump and giant hug for all of you, since I have the E I have to be slightly different. :) )
:hug::happy2:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But anyway, I love other ESFP's.
There is total understanding around them.
One of my closest friends is ESFP.
We call ourselves the "two person party."
when we go out and have fun, we feel like we're with 10 people.

Sometimes we get really loud and giggly out of excitement that someone out there just wants to go nuts and do whatever the hell we want. (I think that's all we want, but no one seems to want to follow in our adventures, except for other ESFP's) We are probably a bad influence on each other, but its okay. We have "looks" that we give each other that can say 1,000 words just out of understanding. When we're together, we drink excessively, shop too much, stay up too late, laugh too loud.

So we definitely amplify each other's personalities times 10.

So instead of esfp squared like it should be, its esfp x 10.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I haven't met many other ENTPs. Of those whom I believe I have met, it's like we can run logic threads, 'superfast' keeping in lockstep. I think it's most appreciated mutually in a work scenario. It almost feels like our thoughts, and I believe sometimes this is actually true, exceed the speed of their spoken equivalent...That once, especially using deductive logic, one starts the logic and both 'see' in the minds' eye, where the thinking is proceeding, it takes off like a jet.
Also during these times it's best to govern one's E and let the other talk, unless something must be said...otherwise this can appear the context becomes, and it depends on the personal style, like a contest. So I usually add a measure of social skill to the equation whilst I at the same time feel the value of efficiency to get the ideas 'established' with the other person(s).
Sometimes I think others may view this as an ENTP being egomaniacal...I assure you it's not by me, it's actually an ambiguously apparent value of efficiency in thought being expressed. ENTPs are the creators of new inventions and systems and this 'process' is essential to the accomplishment of that progress through getting the thoughts established. Sometimes the most important or essential part of an invention is revelated and coined from these kinds of conversations.
In personal scenarios there's less of a common goal apparent..I don't have much experience with ENTPs in social settings. I have an ENTJ friend and I can understand why they can be so rough to be around...at the same time I can follow them in thought and we usually get along well if I choose.

yes! i know what you mean! the brain works so much faster than you can say it and jumping ahead so quickly that it often doesn't make sense to other people unless they're on the same train of thought...i love it!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As far as types that have an odd effect. Before I understood types it was a few that I kind of shyed away from.

estp, esfj, entj, intj, istp. wow, that's a lot!!

Now none of these bother me. entj's still have a weird affect on me but in an opposite way. They make me really silly and open up more. I do not know why. I find them pretty charming. They find me pretty charming. Its a pretty charming experience. I wish there were more of them around.

(I guess God didn't want anymore war or cannibalism. ;) )

oh, and I also like to tease them mercilessly.

S

Sniffles

what about you? is there a particular comfort or ease when with someone of your own type? do you feel they bring out a different side to your personality or amplify one?

Absolutely yes! Engaging other INFJs in deep conversation about various topics is a very special experience. I can't even begin to describe the feeling. I went totally crazy after chatting with an INFJ woman.

and while we're at it...is there another personality type that you've noticed has an odd effect on you...if so, which one and what kind?
Yes....ENFPs. :tongue:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It must be really great for inxjs to get to talk to someone else of their type. Because they are so rare!!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We don't need one, we have a secret phrase. :newwink:

We have a secret phrase?! Why was I not notified? (I understand that my no longer having ears creates something of a problem with verbal communication...)

That's Uytuun and I together right there.

lol!

For the record, tater tots smell awesome. Just like you. :D

As to the dynamics aspect, Taco and I seem to feed each other as far as energy goes. Then again, if one of us is upset or mad we both mirror that too. He's also a remarkably sensitive guy (not touchy) and I think we both find it alarming sometimes when we say things alike or react in tandem. It's eerie to be standing next to someone who's reflecting your own emotions.

I have an ENTP friend who's going through a tough time. I talked him down. Knowing how grumpy and radioactive I can be, I have difficulty understanding how I'm in any way comforting or focusing, but he comes to me to get calm anyway. I have had more than one hardened xNTP break down in tears on me, and I take that very seriously. I try to be a safe place for them, if they can't cope anymore. If only I wasn't so sick, I could do more. I hate that I'm not able to give 100%.

There's that little aspect of mystery about the draw between certain types. It is its own strange liturgy...