User Tag List

First 1234 Last

garbage

Other ENTJs can be a bit closed-minded or insensitive for my tastes (hence my very, very weak T and J preferences), but they're good for a debate or a challenge.

My ENTJ brother and I will basically exhaust each other when it comes to debating each others' views and priorities. Even though I can usually see his side of the argument, I can't admit that "he could be right" or he'll view it as a victory

My ENTJ dad? Not so much.. he's a pretty weak J with a relatively open mind. No challenge there at all

I also work with three (!) other ENTJs and deal closely with two of them. We largely come to agreement when it comes to at least the need for long-term planning and foster a pretty cooperative atmosphere.

I'm gonna go ahead and chime in for ENTPs too, since I'm pretty well borderline J. When I get together with them, it's less of a debate and more of just a musing of ideas, jumping from topic to topic without end in an unfocused discussion.

MBTI
    fool

a mirror against a mirror

=infinity. (for all types).

= = infinite possibilites. the things most defining for us are kept hidden.

it helps if the other infj is a bit more extraverted/about the same. the more you get to know another infj the more you see the similarity. but at first glance might be, omg what planet did that person/thing escape from as it may seem like "we have nothing in common".

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I can usually tell the SP posts on this board without looking at their type, and when it comes to the xSFP's, I always give a silent nod and fist bump every time I read one of their posts, like "yup, they get it".

Senior Member Valhallahereicome's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w7
    Socionics
    ENTP

I'm INFP but haven't met anyone whose INFP-ness I was sure about since this guy who I fell head over heels for. He, well, didn't reciprocate, but to me it was the deepest emotional connection I've ever had. Kind of a mystical wonder and appreciation of beauty and ideals, completely untrammeled by cynicism or rationality on his side. The cynicism and rationality was all on my side, which is maybe why it didn't work for him.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    I'm just starting to notice that with other ENFP's we seem to feed off each other and become more feisty and don't worry about offending each other like we do with other people...maybe it's just being more comfortable or knowing that they get it since they do it too. It's so interesting to me...i like it.
    I love ENFPs for this reason! My ENFP friend really only gets offended by closed-mindedness in discussion - anything else flies. When we're together, our ideas get crazier and crazier but I feel like he accepts and understands my feelings as well, without the least hint of judgment.

ENFJs seem to make up a good proportion of my close friends. We get super idealistic together but also randomly break out into hysterical laughter. They are more easily offended, so I take more care with my words, and oftentimes I think that they are passing judgment too quickly on someone or something and I try to gently make them see other points of view.

Introverts are awesome, as long as I'm able to draw them out. They often have rich inner worlds. I have trouble relating to INTPs though, because me lil brain can't understand all their theories, but I really respect their intellect.

My ENTP friend is great because in our arguments, he forces me to reexamine all my ideals logically and he himself can logically justify anything he says. The conversation never stops on "this is just the way it has to be"; we can argue for hours on anything and learn a lot from each other.

MBTI
    epic

entps, please leave me alone.
    and don't argue. it's not attractive.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

In my house of 5 people, there are 3 INFJs. We have incredible conversations all the time (us three).

It's very nice, especially as an NFJ, to not have to worry about people interpreting what I mean too narrowly or getting offended or feeling awkward or whatever. At first, we all kept saying stuff like "sorry for interrupting" or "I feel like I'm taking up too much of the conversation"...you know, bullshit annoying Fe stuff. But we quickly learned not to care and it's awesome.

I have two other peripheral friends that are INFJs and my experience is quite similar with them.

This might be more true for INFJs that are attracted to social circles like mine, though...and INFJs in similar age groups...and INFJs with a similar educational background.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    In my house of 5 people, there are 3 INFJs. We have incredible conversations all the time (us three).
    Me: [bag of rice crackers] Want one?
    Dad: Okay!
    Me: [crunching crackers]
    Dad: [crunching crackers]
    Me: [crunching crackers]
    Dad: [existential] This tastes like... nothing. But crunchy. Something that's... nothing... that's also crunchy.
    Me: I'm sorry you can't appreciate subtlety. [snatching bag away]
    Dad: [Seinfeld voice] Cracker nazi!
    [moment of silence]
    Dad: This needs ham.

My INFJ father and I have strange conversations all the time, especially if left to ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    I can usually tell the SP posts on this board without looking at their type, and when it comes to the xSFP's, I always give a silent nod and fist bump every time I read one of their posts, like "yup, they get it".
    While I was reading this post I did exactly what it said!

ain't that a kick in the head!

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    While I was reading this post I did exactly what it said!

ain't that a kick in the head!
    *fist bump*
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

We NFs don't have a cool fist bump.