User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 103

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INFP
    Posts
    963

    Default


  2. #82
    Senior Member rainoneventide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    365

    Default

    You're marking your calendar in order to expect family members' deaths instead of being taken by surprise. You're purposefully guarding yourself against emotion. It sounds emotionless because you're trying to be emotionless. You weren't born emotionless; you believe you are. People have beliefs of who they are as well--what life they want to live, what meaning or purpose has placed them here, and they inevitably compare their beliefs to others'. And they inevitably find that they are different.

    You are very different from everyone else in this world. We all are. But that's also what we have in common.

    Striving to be more emotional, to be more logical, to be more caring--it's only to relate better to others, to be less different.

    The "mainstream" is that futile attempt.

    And now I am finished trying to sound wise.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

  3. #83
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    A good observation.
    Interest is an emotion. Also an intellectual interest is an emotion.
    Disinterest is death.

  4. #84
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    You're marking your calendar in order to expect family members' deaths instead of being taken by surprise. You're purposefully guarding yourself against emotion. It sounds emotionless because you're trying to be emotionless. You weren't born emotionless; you believe you are. People have beliefs of who they are as well--what life they want to live, what meaning or purpose has placed them here, and they inevitably compare their beliefs to others'. And they inevitably find that they are different.

    You are very different from everyone else in this world. We all are. But that's also what we have in common.

    Striving to be more emotional, to be more logical, to be more caring--it's only to relate better to others, to be less different.

    The "mainstream" is that futile attempt.


    And now I am finished trying to sound wise.

    Would you care to explain this claim.
    (if someone else wants to try i will listen)


    I am not saying that I don't have any emotions at all. . I am simply presenting my case on this way because I am not too emotional person next to other people.


    Btw. I have admited the calendar thing to my family.

  5. #85
    Senior Member rainoneventide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Oh, no, I wasn't saying that you have no emotions. Not at all. It just seems like you're trying to block them out. I explained that claim with the example of the calendar marking.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

  6. #86
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    Oh, no, I wasn't saying that you have no emotions. Not at all. It just seems like you're trying to block them out. I explained that claim with the example of the calendar marking.
    I said that simply to let you know that I don't think that I don't have any emotion at all.


    I have asked you exactly because you are an FP and FPs often think that I am running from myself.


    While I think that you are just missreading my TJness. Because you (FPs) take that approach when you are stressed or something like that.

  7. #87
    Self sustaining supernova Zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Originally ye said that you wished this thread to be a place to acknowledge or discuss that (as you might put it) an extremely strong T and low F (or perhaps low expression of feelings?) can be simply another way of being.

    I'll agree, to a certain extent.

    When I am able to be alone a lot of the time, and simply work, study, do what I wish with some of my time, etc... I can spend 24/7 in my head, thinking, reading, enjoying silence. This sounds a bit different from what you are speaking of, but I used to actually prefer being in my own head more than anywhere else, didn't have emotional ups and downs - it was more of a steady calm and contented bubble of thought that floated through life.

    Ideas and thoughts gave me energy, amused and kept me busy.

    My life does not allow that now, and I discovered other ways of being that are interesting as well. But the main reason I actually started making efforts to be with people was because I didn't want to be static in who I was, and knew there were things I wanted to experience.

    So as long as ye are sure that this is simply a part of who you are, and that it's not a lack of something or repression of a part of ye, I'd say that you're on a good track.

    I'd request that you keep others in mind if you ever decide to date, though. You'd mentioned trying it out for reasons that had nothing to do with wanting to be with someone... and you could easily end up hurting people if you treat socialising as a science experiment.

  8. #88
    Senior Member rainoneventide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I said that simply to let you know that I don't think that I don't have any emotion at all.


    I have asked you exactly because you are an FP and FPs often think that I am running from myself.


    While I think that you are just missreading my TJness. Because you (FPs) take that approach when you are stressed or something like that.
    Ahh okay, I think I get it now. What you're saying is that you have less emotions when comparing yourself to more dominant feelers, yet the feelers insist that you in fact do have more emotions, you're just trying to avoid them. (Got to type this all out to clear my brain.)

    You're right, I am misunderstanding you; I didn't realize this until now! Because I'm a feeler, I can't understand how it's possible to live with little emotion--I unconsciously think of it as cold and uncaring. I guess it's hard for me to relate to people who aren't like me, so I try to relate to them on my own terms instead of taking a more objective view.

    At the same time, you believe that emotions cloud our judgment, and if people didn't let emotions control them as much, we would make clearer, better decisions. However, I believe that emotions are a natural part of life because I experience them every day. I'm not willing to experience a life with less emotions in exchange for more objective reasoning; emotions are more important to me, and decisions that I see as cold yet practical aren't as worthy as decisions formed by a turmoil of genuine feelings.

    I don't know if I've contributed anything different to this discussion, but thank you, you've made me realize that I need to try and be more objective in order to understand people, and this world, better.

    Even if people don't understand you, it's definitely important to stay true to who you are.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

  9. #89
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silentium View Post
    Originally ye said that you wished this thread to be a place to acknowledge or discuss that (as you might put it) an extremely strong T and low F (or perhaps low expression of feelings?) can be simply another way of being.

    I'll agree, to a certain extent.

    When I am able to be alone a lot of the time, and simply work, study, do what I wish with some of my time, etc... I can spend 24/7 in my head, thinking, reading, enjoying silence. This sounds a bit different from what you are speaking of, but I used to actually prefer being in my own head more than anywhere else, didn't have emotional ups and downs - it was more of a steady calm and contented bubble of thought that floated through life.

    Ideas and thoughts gave me energy, amused and kept me busy.

    My life does not allow that now, and I discovered other ways of being that are interesting as well. But the main reason I actually started making efforts to be with people was because I didn't want to be static in who I was, and knew there were things I wanted to experience.

    So as long as ye are sure that this is simply a part of who you are, and that it's not a lack of something or repression of a part of ye, I'd say that you're on a good track.


    I'd request that you keep others in mind if you ever decide to date, though. You'd mentioned trying it out for reasons that had nothing to do with wanting to be with someone... and you could easily end up hurting people if you treat socialising as a science experiment.
    I am aware of that.


    However am not that much static since I am strong J. But I understand your point since I am socially static.

  10. #90
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    I lived in an SJ world so long I understand not fitting into what you are "supposed" to be. I can't imagine telling someone that they are broken because of how they are naturally built.

    Do you want to learn to be more "feely" or you are just trying to figure out whats up with you seeming emotionally dead to people?

Similar Threads

  1. [Fe] Emotionally Dead?
    By Cloud of Thunder in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 04:48 AM
  2. Seven Deadly Sin Quiz
    By Kiddo in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 02:53 PM
  3. [ISTJ] Famous dead Sensors
    By labyrinthine in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 01:10 PM
  4. Do we have a "right" to the organs of the dead?
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 05:15 AM
  5. Respect for the dead = necrophilia?
    By The √ú‚ĄĘ in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 11:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO