User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 103

  1. #71
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post

    Why that happend ?


    One good example is the entire cold war story.

    Cold war is probably the best example of how technological progress and human instincts and emotions don't go togather. The entire thing was litterally on a kindergrden level and it lasted for decades since instincts and emotions form tribal culture took over.

    This is one example but there are more of them in history.
    The Cold War was brought upon (and protected for decades) by gaps in ideology. From an evolutionary perspective, think of it as akin to resource maintenance by territorial protection. In this case, emotion was an external feature of chauvinistic national identity; if/then logic the entrails by which nationalism secured footholds and was cultivated (think of propaganda; rhetoric; jingoism -- many, many expressions of "logical" strategies offered as a way to encourage domestic/international support for East v. West political philosophy...) inside the culture of its origin.

    ...

    From a biological perspective, instinct and logic are interwoven systems. Each and every emotion we feel has a logical hierarchy that ties to it an ancestral necessity. Logic itself is just a description of mechanical pattern.

    Think of it like crayons. Different colors combine into different shades. Turquoise is green and blue. Amethyst is blue and purple. Anger is fear and guilt. Sadness is greed and fear. So on and so forth...

    When you break emotion and logic into their constituent elements, it becomes apparent that there is no real delineation that divides emotion from logic. External expression of each is what makes their union seem fuzzy. People feel differently. People reason differently. This distinction is likely key to unraveling your sense of personal confusion over the intricacies that seem to divide emotion from reason. I assure you there's no legitimate opposition -- only human individuality.

    At our core, we share a primer. Evolutionary biology commands it.

  2. #72
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Well
    a) You didn't clarify that and
    b) No shit!


    And yet you have them just the same.

    I didn't clarify that since I was thinking that it was obvious. Arguing that poisition would be quite childlish.
    I am not Bluewing.


    I think you are twisting words for your own amusement. I said that I don't have many values. I didn't say that I don't have any valuesat all.

  3. #73
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    The Cold War was brought upon (and protected for decades) by gaps in ideology. From an evolutionary perspective, think of it as akin to resource maintenance by territorial protection. In this case, emotion was an external feature of chauvinistic national identity; if/then logic the entrails by which nationalism secured footholds and was cultivated (think of propaganda; rhetoric; jingoism -- many, many expressions of "logical" strategies offered as a way to encourage domestic/international support for East v. West political philosophy...) inside the culture of its origin.

    ...

    From a biological perspective, instinct and logic are interwoven systems. Each and every emotion we feel has a logical hierarchy that ties to it an ancestral necessity. Logic itself is just a description of mechanical pattern.

    Think of it like crayons. Different colors combine into different shades. Turquoise is green and blue. Amethyst is blue and purple. Anger is fear and guilt. Sadness is greed and fear. So on and so forth...

    When you break emotion and logic into their constituent elements, it becomes apparent that there is no real delineation that divides emotion from logic. External expression of each is what makes their union seem fuzzy. People feel differently. People reason differently. This distinction is likely key to unraveling your sense of personal confusion over the intricacies that seem to divide emotion from reason. I assure you there's no legitimate opposition -- only human individuality.

    At our core, we share a primer. Evolutionary biology commands it.
    I agree with you. What you have said is on the level beneath(deeper) of what I have said. It is just that all of this look like that human mind is unadapted to current situation. That is all what I am really saying.

  4. #74
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I didn't clarify that since I was thinking that it was obvious. Arguing that poisition would be quite childlish.
    I am not Bluewing.


    I think you are twisting words for your own amusement. I said that I don't have many values. I didn't say that I don't have any valuesat all.
    No need to get emotional. I was merely trying to help you see the inconsistencies in your argument. When you make bold, unsubstantiated claims you ought to be prepared to meet opposing views. I was actually genuinely interested in hearing you make your case. But you failed to do so effectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  5. #75
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    No need to get emotional. I was merely trying to help you see the inconsistencies in your argument. When you make bold, unsubstantiated claims you ought to be prepared to meet opposing views. I was actually genuinely interested in hearing you make your case. But you failed to do so effectively.
    I was just saying that your post looked as teasing to me, that is all.



    Would you care to give me the right picture? I never claimed that my point of view is 100% correct.

  6. #76
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post

    AO, I kinda feel sad for you, but at the same time, I understand how you are satisfied with low emotionality, because you are right, emotions do complicate things. They do stop you from doing sensible things, and if the SSRI's hadn't slowed my thought processes down, I would still probably be on them, enjoying a little more rationality perhaps, except I would have missed my happy. You are perhaps lucky, then, because you don't miss what you never had.
    To be honest I am think that in a way I am lucky when it comes to this.

  7. #77
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I said that I am not emotionally dead. I am not doing this because of myself I am doing this because this side of rationlity is not shown enogh here.
    I have done a number of posts and threads about emotions lately so I want to close the story with this.
    I don't consider myself attacked just missunderstood.
    From your OP you sound like you care plenty. You mentioned not having an emotional reaction when something rather bad happens to other people, but that you attempt to solve the problem. That is caring. Specific emotional responses to situations are a means to an end. They are a way to motivate a person to action to improve the situation.

    You also sound particularly coherent in your mind which is a rare, but wonderful. The main dissonance comes from how the outside world interprets you? I think to some extent the majority of people are misunderstood and pressured to fit into some norm. There might be instances where it helps to learn a few ways to communicate an emotional response to get the reaction you want from another person, but it is also important to realize outside criticism is a part of life like breathing the air. It requires balance. It might be there are certain areas you will want to learn some strategies for communicating emotion like in a relationship where you will see that verbalizing that you care about the person is simpler than allowing a miscommunication to build up which results in more complex tension that has to be talked through and resolved.

    I'm of the opinion based on experience that it takes a lot to survive one's life, so having a system where you approach life in an efficient, energy saving way seems like a rather good idea. Replacing overt emotional responses with problem solving is not a bad thing. Most crises rely on the people who have the capacity to react in such a manner. It is caring as absolutely as any emotional response could be.

    Edit: Self interest vs. group interest are not necessarily opposed. It has to do with the context in which you view the problem and solution. This may be fodder for another thread, but humans are not independent creatures by nature. We create interconnected, cooperative societies. When we increase our technologies, it is often in the areas of increasing communication and travel to be come further interconnected. Tasks are continually specialized into more detail making us interdependent. Not only are we not lone creatures, but we are driven to build far beyond the pack or tribe into these massive interconnected structures. There is an element of self interest and individuality that balances this, but it is not nearly as present when viewed from a distance. We are both connected and directly affected by many other individuals. To discount the well-being of others is not rational in most instances. We do not exist only as individuals. That is one layer of our beings, but we are connected and defined on many additional group levels. Self interest, when viewed from a comprehensive understanding of the "individual", includes societies of people.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  8. #78
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    From your OP you sound like you care plenty. You mentioned not having an emotional reaction when something rather bad happens to other people, but that you attempt to solve the problem. That is caring. Specific emotional responses to situations are a means to an end. They are a way to motivate a person to action to improve the situation.

    You also sound particularly coherent in your mind which is a rare, but wonderful. The main dissonance comes from how the outside world interprets you? I think to some extent the majority of people are misunderstood and pressured to fit into some norm. There might be instances where it helps to learn a few ways to communicate an emotional response to get the reaction you want from another person, but it is also important to realize outside criticism is a part of life like breathing the air. It requires balance. It might be there are certain areas you will want to learn some strategies for communicating emotion like in a relationship where you will see that verbalizing that you care about the person is simpler than allowing a miscommunication to build up which results in more complex tension that has to be talked through and resolved.

    I'm of the opinion based on experience that it takes a lot to survive one's life, so having a system where you approach life in an efficient, energy saving way seems like a rather good idea. Replacing overt emotional responses with problem solving is not a bad thing. Most crises rely on the people who have the capacity to react in such a manner. It is caring as absolutely as any emotional response could be.

    True I care quite a lot to keep the system functioning but I don't get too excited about it. I think that panicking and paranoia will not get you far in life.

    I am not 100% sure what you are saying with coherent mind thing but I you are fight my mind is coherent.


    But I would not say that dissonance actually comes from the outside it comes from with in me. People around me are quite willing to accept me but I am not interested for majority of things that are ofered to me.


    The thing is that as the time goes I have "drift" apart from others. Since through most of my life I was alone I have developed a picture of world that is quite different from picture that others have. So I am searching for ways to blend in more. Since it is for my own good.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INFP
    Posts
    963

    Default

    If you want emotionally dying, that's me. *Soul coughs up blood. Picks up AK and fires into the horde of ES's.*

  10. #80
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    I googled for emotionally dead and found this:



    Anyone thinking the same shit I think ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. [Fe] Emotionally Dead?
    By Cloud of Thunder in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 04:48 AM
  2. Seven Deadly Sin Quiz
    By Kiddo in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 02:53 PM
  3. [ISTJ] Famous dead Sensors
    By labyrinthine in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 01:10 PM
  4. Do we have a "right" to the organs of the dead?
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 05:15 AM
  5. Respect for the dead = necrophilia?
    By The Ü™ in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 11:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO