• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emotionally dead = dead ?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For someone who sees no reason for people and exists on such a "logical" realm why do you post in a forum? I must tell you I see the OPost as a way to justify not feeling like you "fit in" or something similar.

Someone had to say it.

Well, that's what I meant. I don't think he really sees no reason for people, but rather he cannot see the value of, for example, superfluous or superficial idiots around him. Although one can relate to that, I don't think you'd find anyone who would argue that people are superfluous, if only on a very basic substantial level. No man can exist alone.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

That actually remind me on my human score on a test that rates where you belong as person.

You scored 13% on Humanity-overall, higher than 0% of your peers.
You scored 16% on Humanity-hedonism, higher than 0% of your peers.
You scored 8% on Humanity-spirituality, higher than 0% of your peers.
You scored 16% on Humanity-romance, higher than 1% of your peers.

I read half of it. :) I say, hey, if it's working for you being that way and you have no desire to change anything, then good on you, and may the rest of your life continue to be contentful as well.

that's what i'm saying. if you're happy than no worries mate.

Yes it works for me. I am getting closer to people in real life since that seems as wise choice on the long run.

What do you see as the point? Of the things that you achieve, of overcoming the situations you've mentioned (that other people believe you should be more stressed out by). Is there a point? If not, why do it? Does this matter?

I'm not attacking. I'm curious.

The only thing that really powers me is growth. In almost all cases that means intellectual growth by analysing things since I want to get to the bottom of things. Like when I did a reaserch and said you are INTJ to you.

Since I think that life has no real purpose and I am quite T so I can freely chase what is on my mind but I will not lose myself in this.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
That actually remind me on my human score on a test that rates where you belong as person.

You scored 13% on Humanity-overall, higher than 0% of your peers.
You scored 16% on Humanity-hedonism, higher than 0% of your peers.
You scored 8% on Humanity-spirituality, higher than 0% of your peers.
You scored 16% on Humanity-romance, higher than 1% of your peers.

Link?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Those things always say I'm cold and going to hell. I thought it was the fun of them :).

I'm sort of generalising, but INTJs can seem cold to some because the Fi is hidden. But irl it is there shining. You can see it in the way they interact.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
For a long time I felt as though I did not feel anything, and I will tell you why. I could not relate to the THINGS other people loved, as you say, like cars, money, and blah blah blah. So it made me feel totally crazy and apathetic to the point where I wondered if there were seriously something wrong with me. Then, I realized I just appreciate *different* things. It's not that I don't feel - I just feel differently and passionate about radically different things, and to fit in, you sometimes have to *suppress* your feelings because otherwise people look at you like :wacko:. But that doesn't mean that you don't feel or can't feel - it just means that you need that special catalyst that fosters that little reaction so that you have fireworks....

Well I was never thinking that there is something wrong with me. I totally understnd what you are saying since there are parts of that in me.
But I still have strong T nontheless.

Do you have any goals in life AO? If so, why? Emotionally dead is obviously not the same thing as dead. I mean animals aren't dead either.

I mean no offense by these questions btw, just trying to understand why/how a strong T such as yourself sees life.

I think I have already answered on this one.
If you want specific details feel free to ask.

For someone who sees no reason for people and exists on such a "logical" realm why do you post in a forum? I must tell you I see the OPost as a way to justify not feeling like you "fit in" or something similar.

Someone had to say it.

If you must know complete isolation is not logical.

I am somwhat unusual extreme introvert I am isolated pretty much all the time but I have a network to people I stay in contact with.
So I always know what is going on and they do it because of my knowledge and unconventional approach to pretty much everything.
Maybe I am very introverted but I am also quite NTJish so that part overides the introversion in needed. I am not shy at all fo my my level of introverion.

You are relativly new so you probably did not come across some of my post which say that I am here to learn more about people in general.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would prefer that Anti-social One was emotionally inspired in his life by something or someone but I realize that that is my selfish projection on him, so instead, I think he should do/be whatever makes him happy.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For example I know that some familiy members will die in not too far future.
So I have analysed their condition and marked my calendar.

I don't think I've ever read a more profoundly INTJ statement.

Come to think of it, this entire post may well be the INTJ manifesto. "Does it work?" is the driving question for your life.

Being an NT I can really identify with this, and I see the value in every bit of it. INTJs are one of the most mystifying and admirable types to me--when I want a good, solid, rational and well-planned perspective on something, often a perspective I myself have neglected, I go to INTJs. Nobody, not even INTPs (though they'll tell you differently), is as purely rational as the INTJ. I love your focus on efficiency and the way it takes precedence even over ego issues about being right. Why continue to dig your heels in the ground when your point has been sufficiently weakened by counter-argumentation? What a silly waste of time! You just accept the previous mistake, improve it and move on. I wish I could get over my own NTP ego enough to do that all the time. You guys simultaneously impress and scare the shit out of me.

I'm sure you don't do this much anyway, antisocial one, but don't let anybody tell you that your way of life is wrong or inferior. You're not dead at all; you're just living in the way that works best for you.

Kudos to that, I say.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I would prefer that Anti-social One was emotionally inspired in his life by something or someone but I realize that that is my selfish projection on him, so instead, I think he should do/be whatever makes him happy.

Look at it this way, inspirations come and go but logic is much more stable when it comes to this.

For me it is not that much unusual that I score 100% T but to me it looks like that 100% T on a test is something like 80-90% in real life. I could not function as 100% T by definition.
This is a standard "curse" of being 90% something, since others by default presume that you are 100%.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I could not function as 100% T by definition.

Why's that? I'm not very knowledgeable about all this MBTI stuff and how it manifests itself in real life.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dont see you as emotionally dead, you just dont like a rush of emotions. You control your emotions so you dont get this big overwhelming rush of emotions. You spread it out and rationalize it instead of just taking it in all at once. When it does happen to come in all at once you may block parts of it and just take in a little at a time. Everyone has emotions we just all deal with it differently.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Why's that? I'm not very knowledgeable about all this MBTI stuff and how it manifests itself in real life.

That would mean that I will be unable to have any goals since goals are personal values no matter how logical they appear to other people.
In that case I would just sit around literally as a plant and think 100% all the time.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Why would I care if I was "dead", aka emotionally dead? My existence is not defined by, nor contigent upon, emotion......

It's about as alluring and promising as the proposition "No knowledge of geometry means you have no intellectual soul"

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Erinavery pretty much said what I was going to say, but basically, sometimes it seems like you're "shouting at the universe, because no one is listening". And you shouldn't have to justify yourself just because you do things differently. I think that being misunderstood is a sentiment lots of people who are into MBTI share, which is why they strive to explain using personality typing.

"Human-score" = kaplooey. No person is a representative sample.

I'm sure you don't do this much anyway, antisocial one, but don't let anybody tell you that your way of life is wrong or inferior. You're not dead at all; you're just living in the way that works best for you.

Kudos to that, I say.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Ya mean like an intj zombie attack.
Yes, I'm picking fights for fun.

Now look at the bear, isn't he adorable.
You can now evacuate all that anger in the form of an nf hug. Go on, don't be shy! :laugh:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Someone had to say it.

Case #985986563 of NFPs making unsubstantiated assumptions about people's motivations. Logic allows room for people because other people can provide interesting food for logical thought.

Someone had to say it.

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
feel the same as the other two...only read the first few sentences because really it's way too long...but if YOU are okay with the way you are...then i guess my question is why do you care?

It's not whether he cares or not, it's just a post with ideas and thoughts. I actually was interested in hearing the way he thinks about things. Was it not at least a trifle interesting just to hear him elaborate on his perspective? I actually agreed with a lot of what you said, thanks for sharing Anti-social.