User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Perversion

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default Perversion

I know very little about it other than the definition.
    I'm interested in the idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxford: Perversion
    perversion |p?r?v?r zh ?n|
    noun
    the alteration of something from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended : the perversion of Marxist theory to justify Soviet policymaking | a scandalous perversion of the law.
    sexual behavior or desire that is considered abnormal or unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxford: Pervert v.
    pervert
    verb |p?r?v?rt| [ trans. ]
    alter (something) from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended : he was charged with conspiring to pervert the course of justice.
    lead (someone) away from what is considered right, natural, or acceptable : Hector is a man who is simply perverted by his time.
    Also, no need to discuss sex perverts -- I'd say by this time, everyone is very familiar with the concept of sex perverts.
    Wasted of space.
    we fukin won boys

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

They should add (tendancies of indoeuropean languages) They have a nack for having 10,000 ways to say one thing to make it more politically correct.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Perversion is being off the norme. I create my norme. Therefore not complying to my norme when in my realm is perverse.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP

It was brought to my attention that this was a bad thread because I didn't ask a question.
    When I enforced that I don't have to ask a question for there to be discussion, I was met with the argument that my original post wasn't clear or specific enough.

Well that's the idea.
    I don't want it to be clear.
    In the first place, I don't know enough about it to be clear or specific.

The idea was that maybe people would tell a story or expound on the idea of perversion.

It's not complicated: Say whatever you want as long as it pertains to perversion.

It's just an information conglomerate.

I'm particularly interested in perverse psychology (not Freud) which is why I put it in this subforum.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    epic

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

When something disturbs the karmic flow of things.
    Killing things or people in the right context is fine.
    But only when it is necessary.
    Much like trimming a tree so that it grows healthily.

In the case of murder - i think the only healthy way to do it would be in defense of another or one's self.
    EDIT: everything else would be perverse - as if you could not infer that for yourself
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyz22 View Post
    Sunny is standing by to see whether there are any perversions relevant to her interests, so she can jump right in at the right moment.

MBTI
    epic

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Sunny is standing by to see whether there are any perversions relevant to her interests, so she can jump right in at the right moment.
    i see one! edgar's death is imminent.

MBTI
    INFP

I think the present culture is moving toward obliteration of the concept of perversion. The "do your own thing" is the present persuasion.

What's perverse for me? Anything which causes problems in my life and doesn't support health.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I think the present culture is moving toward obliteration of the concept of perversion. The "do your own thing" is the present persuasion.
    Well you know I don't see that anyone really does 'their own thing'.
    In my experience it's quite the opposite. I see a perverted lot of imitation.
    Moreso now than in any culture I've read about.

That may be due entirely to the fact that we don't record imitation -- only the interesting tidbits; the defining moments of an era.

I think that rather than doing our own thing, we all like to think we do our own thing. As long as we can conjure one or two examples of individuality per mention of the idea, we feel confident that we are truly individual, but in genuine truth we're not.
    we fukin won boys