User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I become completely miserable when it snows or is really cold.

Rain cheers me up, though.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Don't know if it's fever (of allergy), but feeling a little 'bored' myself - for a couple of days now.

... can't say I like this part of the year, too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

winter tunes me down. I hate it to hell.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

[youtube=JhZb4BB4J1U]<she's only happy in the sun> [/youtube]
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I was just thinking about it today, and I do get seasonally depressed. This time of the year is the worst, but the spring/early summer are when I'm most happy.

To combat this depressive morose feeling, I usually just look to do things I haven't done in a long time, go certain places I haven't been in a while, listen to new music, watch movies, or just anything out of the ordinary to change the setting of air.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by persianness View Post
    Don't know if it's fever (of allergy), but feeling a little 'bored' myself - for a couple of days now.

... can't say I like this part of the year, too.
    Alright, looks like it's fever - feeling exhausted, and not thinking straight.

... seriously off to bed at any moment.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'm actually the opposite. I thrive in the winter time, I actually want to get out of my house. I get depressed when it gets too hot to do anything. I'm usually forced to stay in the house or otherwise socialize.
    That sounds like the typical INFP. And I've heard the rain and cold weather spawns my creative side, makes me happier, etc.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    I never got hit with seasonal depression until I moved back to Minnesota from California. The Winters here can really wear on you once you've been someplace with good weather year-round, even a homebody like myself.
    I know what you mean about MN winters. I've been through the past 9 of them (erm...I shouldn't count this winter, as I've been away for much of it!), and I'm getting the hell out in another couple of months!

I think a lot of it is simply cabin fever, to be honest. Feeling stuck and trapped indoors, because with good reason you don't feel like leaving the house once you get home. I think forcing yourself out, even though you don't feel like it, would help a lot. Getting a gym membership, maybe - or any other avenue/outlet that would get you out at least a couple of times a week. It can be incredibly hard to force yourself out in the winter, but...mentally/emotionally it can work wonders.

It may be a seasonal depression thing for you; I wouldn't know. I realized 3-4 years ago that for myself, it's not the case. And given the fact that the vast majority of Minnesotans are downright irritable and on edge beginning the end of Feb and extending all throughout March, I think a lot of it is just 'normal' --- just a human thing. Who DOES like being stuck inside for months on end? It's not natural. ;-) (I put a smiley face there, but I'm also quite serious.)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

I have the same issue. In my case it just manifests itself as lack of motivation and general irritability. I did a little research on light-boxes and decided to buy this model. It really helps. Though last year the winter was sunny enough that I didn't need it as long as I walked my dogs daily. This winter I thought I was going to be OK also, but I think I'm going to get started.

Light therapy seasonal affective disorder SAD lightbox

I bought a new one on Ebay.

I moved up north at the age of 25 and lived there for five years. Right around October of every year I would become irritable and quite depressed. My elementary school kid also would act very irritable-even when he was still in year round preschool. By December the worst was past and I noticed around Feburaray I would be almost manic in my energy levels. I was running 20-30 miles a week and still could not sleep much.

Back home in TX where the extremes are not so severe I see none of this.

Online for about 150 bucks you can buy a little lamp that you sit in front of and read for half an hour a day. It helps regulate this a little better.