• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI as a cure.

Mole

Permabanned
So you're basically admitting that all you want is attention, is that it? Perhaps you are the lonely and depressed one projecting your emotions on others..hmm..how sad for you :(

And did it occur to you that maybe they were trying to knock you off your high horse? :)

Sure, at times I am lonely and I enjoy the company.

It does seem to me that attention has superceded money. And we no longer pay each other in money, rather we pay one another in attention.

And of course attention is vital for personal growth.

For instance, babies who are not paid attention, die.

So I would suggest you continue to try to knock me off my high horse. Her name is Tricksy.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sure, at times I am lonely and I enjoy the company.

It does seem to me that attention has superceded money. And we no longer pay each other in money, rather we pay one another in attention.

And of course attention is vital for personal growth.

For instance, babies who are not paid attention, die.

So I would suggest you continue to try to knock me off my high horse. Her name is Tricksy.

All fair and good, but there are ways about getting attention without having to come off as completely condescending and bullheaded about it.

I mean, there is bad attention and good attention. Usually, babies survive best with the good sort. If they are paid bad attention, they could still die from lack of all that is good.

Does Tricksy like sugar cubes?

Mole

Permabanned
All fair and good, but there are ways about getting attention without having to come off as completely condescending and bullheaded about it.

I mean, there is bad attention and good attention. Usually, babies survive best with the good sort. If they are paid bad attention, they could still die from lack of all that is good.

Does Tricksy like sugar cubes?

Well it is interesting about babies. Even if they are well fed and physically cared for, they will literally die without attention.

And even bad attention will keep them alive. As long as it is attention.

Tricksy is a high strung skewbald pony. She is hard to catch but, as you guessed, she has a weakness for sugar.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well it is interesting about babies. Even if they are well fed and physically cared for, they will literally die without attention.

And even bad attention will keep them alive. As long as it is attention.

Tricksy is a high strung skewbald pony. She is hard to catch but, as you guessed, she has a weakness for sugar.

Well yes, they would die without attention regardless of being fed and physically cared for [isn't that some sort of attention, in a round about way though? :huh: ]

The sort of bad attention I meant was that kind of 'shaking the baby to shut it up' attention. That can result very poorly :/ Poor babies...

Ponies are notoriously high-strung [well, most, so I've heard- they've got bad attitudes sometimes] but a spoonful of sugar and all... :coffee:

What were we talking about again?

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If nobody cared about what I have to say, they wouldn't reply to my posts.

Attention is the name of the game, and attention can be either positive or negative.

Attention is attention.

You either pay attention or you get a free ride.

It seems to me that most are paying their dues.

In the words of "lady sovereign", "Love me or hate me, it's still an obsession."

:headphne::alttongue:

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9

You bring up your pony Tricksy rather frequently, Victor, so naturally I'm curious. She seems like she must be very important to you considering how much you talk about her. What breed is she? How many hands? Do you have any pictures?

I'm tempted to say "pics or it didn't happen!"

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I feel enough INTP tonight to have a go at the OP.

The idea of anything being a "cure" is misleading. There are no external cures for what ails us psychologically. The healing takes place from the inside out. And it is not a "cure." It is a change.

People who detest all forms of psychology? (Don't see any present in this thread) It seems odd to find them among us. Chances are that their efforts at a "cure" have failed and they blame the external factors without searching for the wounded pieces within which have resisted healing.

Mole

Permabanned
You bring up your pony Tricksy rather frequently, Victor, so naturally I'm curious. She seems like she must be very important to you considering how much you talk about her. What breed is she? How many hands? Do you have any pictures?

I'm tempted to say "pics or it didn't happen!

Well, I am rather fond of her and sometimes she is fond of me, but mainly when there are no other horses around to keep her company.

Sometimes she will put her head on my shoulder and go to sleep. And I can tell you that a horse's head is very heavy.

When she puts her head on my shoulder, I feel like Charlie Brown when Snoopy falls asleep on him - I don't dare move.

heart

heart on fire
Well, I am rather fond of her and sometimes she is fond of me, but mainly when there are no other horses around to keep her company.

Sometimes she will put her head on my shoulder and go to sleep. And I can tell you that a horse's head is very heavy.

When she puts her head on my shoulder, I feel like Charlie Brown when Snoopy falls asleep on him - I don't dare move.

So I assume you have a king sized bed. :D

Mole

Permabanned
So I assume you have a king sized bed. :D

I stand underneath her neck and she rests her head on my shoulder and chest.

Although when we come back from a ride, she loves to roll in the hay and kick her hooves in the air.

I do, though, try to tell her that rolling on her back only shows her big fat tummy, but it doesn't stop her eating like a horse.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Does it really matter if the horse is real or not? It's the thought that counts. If wishes were ponies, everyone would ride...:yes:

You're getting as fuzzily metaphorical as Victor! I just wanted to see some evidence that he has an actual, real, physical pony. Named Tricksy. ;)

heart

heart on fire
You're getting as fuzzily metaphorical as Victor! I just wanted to see some evidence that he has an actual, real, physical pony. Named Tricksy. ;)

I saw him through the mist, early one morning riding in the distance. He was sitting up very high, very proud---maybe twenty feet high! I don't think he saw me, no one can see me in the ivory turret up in my glass castle.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
In trance land there are no horses, only unicorns, so ah!

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
In trance land there are no horses, only unicorns, so ah!

It would be pretty cool indeed to see pictures of a pony doing those things. But to see a UNICORN doing them would be... well... just out of this world :smoke:

Either way:

Pics PLEASE, Victor!