User Tag List

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

Default I'm an Introvert with extroverted tendencies!!!

I have lots and lots of friends. But I don't spend too much time with them all because there are so many of them, I end up trying to get them all in one place or spending a little bit here and there.

I randomly talk to strangers and strike up conversations with people nearly everywhere I go.

The list goes on, but....

I'll do this for a set time period while finding sneaky ways to duck off and out of sight and appear as if I'm not doing this [going to the bathroom when I don't have to]. But this can go on only so long, eventually I need to go home, where I'll stay for a good 3 days without talking to anyone so I can calm down and relax because I feel worn out by all that sociallizing.

The main thing that gets me to do it is will power and effort. I have to force myself to talk to people.

Are any of you other I's out there like this at all?

MBTI
    I

That's interesting. I find that I need to be more consistent with socializing to be more comfortable (so sort of the opposite of you). If I speak to people for just a random limited amount of time each day, then I'm comfortable. But if I speak to people for too long or don't speak to anyone at all, then I'm not comfortable.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    That's interesting. I find that I need to be more consistent with socializing to be more comfortable (so sort of the opposite of you). If I speak to people for just a random limited amount of time each day, then I'm comfortable. But if I speak to people for too long or don't speak to anyone at all, then I'm not comfortable.
    You're in the middle and I'm all or nothing. Interesting.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I'm so glad for you
    maybe we should hug.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Yeah, I guess I am something like that too sometimes.

For example, the past days I have been spending quite a bit of time talking to people (friends). I went on IM every day and talked to like 6 people at the same time or so. It was cool.
    But after doing that for 2 days it started to bother me. So I had to stop again.
    Sometimes I feel like I should go online and socialize some, because it's friends after all, right? But after 1 or 2 days I had enough again for like 1 month.

PMing or emailing however is not a problem. I can do that more than IMing or talking. Though, after like 10 PMs / each person it is kinda enough. Big PMs that is.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Chimerical View Post
    The main thing that gets me to do it is will power and effort. I have to force myself to talk to people.

Are any of you other I's out there like this at all?
    Because of my job as a resident advisor, I've had to learn how to do this. I've begun starting conversations and being a bit more assertive in getting to know people, mostly because it's all I've known since September. I think it's healthy to grow in this way though. I still need my "me time" - I've been playing a lot of single player RPGs lately in order to get that.

You're not a "different" type of introvert - how you function is actually how most of us function. You're actually pretty unhealthy if you never, ever start a conversation or have at least some social contacts... I'd also wager you're pretty unhealthy if you're unable to spend any time alone, because you have to have other people there constantly affirming your existence. Life is all about striking a balance between the two, with a little bit of prejudice towards your preference. That's what Jungian psychology is all about really - trying to get people to realize their strengths, but also to realize that they can work on the areas in which they're weak as well
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)