• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Will someone explain the entire mood thing?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate this generalization.

My Ti is not inadequate and my Se is not negative feedback. This is way too prescriptive.

Pretty much. My Te doesn't give me negative feedback, it saves my tail.

deleted
Pretty much. My Te doesn't give me negative feedback, it saves my tail.

I wasn't assuming your Te was your 4th function. Same goes with Evan. Looks like your functions are ordered differently. Maybe you don't have a 4th function. Maybe you're Mister Positive all the time. Go save a tree.

redacted

I wasn't assuming your Te was your 4th function. Same goes with Evan. Looks like your functions are ordered differently. Maybe you don't have a 4th function. Maybe you're Mister Positive all the time. Go save a tree.

So then you're just saying...some function may or may not be inadequate and some other function may or may not be negative feedback.

Interesting point!

deleted
So then you're just saying...some function may or may not be inadequate and some other function may or may not be negative feedback.

Interesting point!

You're not sure are you...

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I as a person I am always pretty much "myself". I don't have those things that people call change of moods.
So I am wondering if people want to talk about this.

Maybe you don't just recongize your feelings or overanalyze it or suffocate them. I've been observing very non-feeling person for many years now and I've noticed he doesn't notice his feelings. I have to ask that why are you so xxxx(some mood) and then he notices it. It's not like my moods, but I do recongize my moods and I accept them. So, I'll go with the flow but he resists the moods. I don't know which is better ;).

This is also one of the main reasons why I don't place too much weight on words of other people. Since they match their mood.

Hmmm... your life seems complicated. People are what they are. People are no computers who lack emotions. Emotions exsist because of some social stuff people have to handle. People need to have some social skills because together people have survived from the early ages and with cooperation. Without social skills people would have been killed by predators for long ago. ;)

This is also main reason why I am high self monitoring and calculating person . Since I need to match the moods of other people..

Just relax. People are never 100% logical. At least most of us. So, you have endless job ahead of you matching the emotions of people with what they say....

Also I have noticed that in the mood/picture thread Fs are more numerous that Ts.

You are probably right.

What do you think is the biggest engine of mood swings in you?
How does it feel to have one of those swings?
Would you change this trait if you could or at least weaken it?

Bigges engine - I have no idea.
How does it feel with swings - lol, it feels like the emotion I'm having. :laugh:
I wouldn't want to change myself. I like being me, most of the time anyway. :laugh:

This is so going to bring out the whole PMSing theme. :D

Lol. Yea.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Maybe you don't just recongize your feelings or overanalyze it or suffocate them. I've been observing very non-feeling person for many years now and I've noticed he doesn't notice his feelings. I have to ask that why are you so xxxx(some mood) and then he notices it. It's not like my moods, but I do recongize my moods and I accept them. So, I'll go with the flow but he resists the moods. I don't know which is better ;).
Hmmm... your life seems complicated. People are what they are. People are no computers who lack emotions. Emotions exsist because of some social stuff people have to handle. People need to have some social skills because together people have survived from the early ages and with cooperation. Without social skills people would have been killed by predators for long ago. ;)
Just relax. People are never 100% logical. At least most of us. So, you have endless job ahead of you matching the emotions of people with what they say....

I was wondering when this kind of a post will show up.

The thing is that in everyday life people ask me "Do you even feel anthing?".
I would never search for this explanation if people in real life don't think about me in this way. The thing is that things in my environment don't effect me on emotional way.
As person I have very weak Fe, so my emotional output is very small.
On the other hand I have plenty of Te and I am using it in all situations where Fe should be used. While my Fi that is somewhat undeveloped for an INTJ and it just wants to seek solutions and have intellectual progress.

But I must disagree on something.
Having social skills and emotions/moods are not exactly the same thing.

redacted

Yeah.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
GOOD

Moody person : happy , friendly/accepting , talkative ...........
Me: reserved , cold and analytical

BAD

Moody person : unhappy , stressed , not so accepting , angry .............
Me: reserved , cold , analytical and a little bit more distand since I need time too think things through.

LOL

Way to disprove the whole stereotype of INTJs being machines.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I was wondering when this kind of a post will show up.

The thing is that in everyday life people ask me "Do you even feel anthing?".
I would never search for this explanation if people in real life don't think about me in this way. The thing is that things in my environment don't effect me on emotional way.
As person I have very weak Fe, so my emotional output is very small.
On the other hand I have plenty of Te and I am using it in all situations where Fe should be used. While my Fi that is somewhat undeveloped for an INTJ and it just wants to seek solutions and have intellectual progress.

I understand what you are saying about environment's emotion not affecting you because of the observation of another person that I was referring in my previous post in this thread. You are built that way and I'm built so that I'm almost hypersensitive about the emotions in my environment. It's very hard for me to be different and for you to be different.

Why do you care what they say? You are what you are.
I do accept "non feeling" (I don't mean here that they don't have any feelings/emotions...) people because I find them very calming compared to my moods even if their lack of emotions (and it looks like it but doesn't necessarily mean that) can bother me at times.

But I must disagree on something.
Having social skills and emotions/moods are not exactly the same thing.

I disagree. ;) Being social has to do with empathy which has to do with emotions and feeling what other people are feeling. Without empathy there is not too much cooperation. That's what I think anyway.

But I do think this might be a gender diffenrece, a bit at least. I mean, long ago, the female had to be more empathical because they were doing the stuff at the home cave in cooperation with other females (raising kids etc.) and the men were hunters. Quite different skills and needs for these different "jobs". A hunter with empahty doesn't kill anything. ;)

Oh well, this is all my own speculation and, thus, shouldn't be taken too seriously. ;)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm a 4w5, but got the emotional comfort thing in a weird way as ENFP. My mood normally floats between interested, bored and some Zen thing. People used to say, "you mean you actually have negative emotions and get down about stuff?!?!" hehe

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I understand what you are saying about environment's emotion not affecting you because of the observation of another person that I was referring in my previous post in this thread. You are built that way and I'm built so that I'm almost hypersensitive about the emotions in my environment. It's very hard for me to be different and for you to be different.

Why do you care what they say? You are what you are.
I do accept "non feeling" (I don't mean here that they don't have any feelings/emotions...) people because I find them very calming compared to my moods even if their lack of emotions (and it looks like it but doesn't necessarily mean that) can bother me at times.

That is true, I can heve very calming efect on people.

Why should I care?

Maybe I don't need people emotionally that much but I need them in practical things.
To tell you the truth I didn't care. And look where it got me.
I never had one of those really close friendships. When it comes love, sex and romance I haven't moved a single step from a pure zero what is unusual for mid 20s. I don't cry at all (litterally) etc..

The thing is that I have developed into a person which compatibility with others is quite low. The fact is that there is something known as a border of good taste.
So I am working on reducing this to at least some degree.

What I find interesting about EFs is that they can be very accepting on "paper" but if their mood changes because something really bad happened they can be quite disturbed by things they would overlook otherweise.

That is why I am looking for some explanations on this since it is somehat unusual that someone can transform its logic that much.

I disagree. ;) Being social has to do with empathy which has to do with emotions and feeling what other people are feeling. Without empathy there is not too much cooperation. That's what I think anyway.

But I do think this might be a gender diffenrece, a bit at least. I mean, long ago, the female had to be more empathical because they were doing the stuff at the home cave in cooperation with other females (raising kids etc.) and the men were hunters. Quite different skills and needs for these different "jobs". A hunter with empahty doesn't kill anything. ;)

Oh well, this is all my own speculation and, thus, shouldn't be taken too seriously. ;)

Well, I would be suprised if you agree.
The thing is that Te can replace feelings to some degree and you can use common sense to figure out when you make people uncomfortable.

That is why I said that they are not exactly the same thing.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
That is true, I can heve very calming efect on people.

Why should I care?

Maybe I don't need people emotionally that much but I need them in practical things.
To tell you the truth I didn't care. And look where it got me.
I never had one of those really close friendships. When it comes love, sex and romance I haven't moved a single step from a pure zero what is unusual for mid 20s. I don't cry at all (litterally) etc..

Then I can say you have lost something people usually enjoy (I mean close friendships etc). But if you are ok with that, then there is no problem, I think?

The thing is that I have developed into a person which compatibility with others is quite low. The fact is that there is something known as a border of good taste.
So I am working on reducing this to at least some degree.

Maybe you aren't so much as you think. Maybe it's all in you, I mean, people sense that you don't want to interact with them even if they would like to know you a little bit better?

What I find interesting about EFs is that they can be very accepting on "paper" but if their mood changes because something really bad happened they can be quite disturbed by things they would overlook otherweise.

I can see what you mean. I do agree to a certain level
I myself am very moody in a sense that I'm usually never calm, I'm either quite "happy" or quite angry. Actually I can look very calm outside but my brain is never calm. Anyway, when I get really angry, people hear that, people see that and sensitive people will probably feel that emotionally. But the difference here is that my anger is not usually towards them. So, they shouldn't bother about my emotions when angry because I'm not openly angry to anybody I don't know too well. I mean my husband gets his share but that is a sign that I trust him and can show my negative emotions to him.

What I'm trying to say here is that yes- EF's can be emotional but it's not that they would be angry about you. You should just let their emotion pass and then they'll be fine. ;)

That is why I am looking for some explanations on this since it is somehat unusual that someone can transform its logic that much.

I understand you want to understand it but it's not possible. I mean it's not logical, rational or anything like that so you really cannot rationally discover the deepest meanings of people's emotional behavior. ;)

Well, I would be suprised if you agree.
The thing is that Te can replace feelings to some degree and you can use common sense to figure out when you make people uncomfortable.

That is why I said that they are not exactly the same thing.

No, Te cannot replace feelings at all. That is a mistake many T's do and I've heard that before. Feelings cannot be rationalized that way. It's a huge mistake.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you think is the biggest engine of mood swings in you?
How does it feel to have one of those swings?
Would you change this trait if you could or at least weaken it?
Low blood sugar and/or over-exhaustion.

Basically when I don't feel well physically it is easier to feel anxious or depressed or to interpret events in a more negative light. I would certainly prefer to do without such experiences. As people go, I don't think I am particularly moody. At least when I am I can see it and tend to apologize during the episode, so I don't really take my own bad mood as that serious or legitimate.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Then I can say you have lost something people usually enjoy (I mean close friendships etc). But if you are ok with that, then there is no problem, I think?

In a way it wrong to say that I have lost it since in kindergarten I was already and clearly thet most asocial kid in the group.

I can see what you mean. I do agree to a certain level
I myself am very moody in a sense that I'm usually never calm, I'm either quite "happy" or quite angry. Actually I can look very calm outside but my brain is never calm. Anyway, when I get really angry, people hear that, people see that and sensitive people will probably feel that emotionally. But the difference here is that my anger is not usually towards them. So, they shouldn't bother about my emotions when angry because I'm not openly angry to anybody I don't know too well. I mean my husband gets his share but that is a sign that I trust him and can show my negative emotions to him.

What I'm trying to say here is that yes- EF's can be emotional but it's not that they would be angry about you. You should just let their emotion pass and then they'll be fine. ;)

I am glad that you see my point. But I think that you don't see the whole story. I don't mind that they get emotional. The thing is that they get frustrated with me since I am not even trying to match their emotional state. The fact si that don't get excited over a problem so people (not just EFs) can take this as an insult.

I understand you want to understand it but it's not possible. I mean it's not logical, rational or anything like that so you really cannot rationally discover the deepest meanings of people's emotional behavior. ;)

I am not so much in the search for deep meaning as for explanations of everyday examples of this kind os behaviour.

No, Te cannot replace feelings at all. That is a mistake many T's do and I've heard that before. Feelings cannot be rationalized that way. It's a huge mistake.

Who said anything about rationalizing of feelings?

I think you are wrong, not completly but mostly. The reason why I think that is because people want to interact with you and me for a different reasons.
So I can handle a social situations without a need for too much Fe and I don't go into social situations that need alot of Fe.