User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

if that first bit was in response to what i said i meant that no i would not want to be someone without moods because that concept doesn't make sense to me...not that we are someone else when our mood changes.

but yeah...it's unnoticeable when it changes. i'm usually pretty mellow and happy but will occasionally have a burst of energy that makes me feel like being more social, occasionally feel sad, occasionally mad, sometimes silly ,sometimes feisty, sometimes serious...and they can all happen in one day or not but the negative emotions never last long. i prefer to be happy and stress free.

i'm sorry if my response up there sounded flip but i just can't conceive of the idea of someone being unsure about what they are. it really does not compute.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

When I said that you are not you because of mood I didn't mean literally.

What I am saying is that I don't have ups and downs as other people.
    This probably is the byproduct of the fact that I solve pretty much everything with logic and thinking. Also I think that I am not supressing something.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

but are you saying you don't experience feelings? because i don't see the difference.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Here's the explanation. Everyone has moods. Moods affect behavior.

You may have less of a swing than most people, but you still have moods. And they still affect your behavior. And you do not just reason analytically through everything. You do more than average...but you're not on any sort of different plane.

I could look at 90% of the population and ask the same question...but...it's a pointless and unsatisfying answer. The people at the far ends of a Gaussian are more rare; the people in the middle are more common. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Here's the explanation. Everyone has moods. Moods affect behavior.

You may have less of a swing than most people, but you still have moods. And they still affect your behavior. And you do not just reason analytically through everything. You do more than average...but you're not on any sort of different plane.

I could look at 90% of the population and ask the same question...but...it's a pointless and unsatisfying answer. The people at the far ends of a Gaussian are more rare; the people in the middle are more common. lol.

That is why I said " pretty much myself" I never claimed that I am 100%in this. I it is just that my ups and down are much more smaller than in other people.

For example I don't worry about things much in almost all cases.
    I pay attention and I am trying to fix the problem(s) but I don't get stressed out because of it.

I know that everyone has mood but the question is aimed at their intensity.

What I am "exploring" here is the intensity since I look at people around me and now I am trying to see their picture on this.

Does this make sense?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I as a person I am always pretty much "myself". I don't have those things that people call change of moods.

GOOD
    Me: reserved , cold and analytical

BAD
    Me: reserved , cold , analytical and a little bit more distand since I need time too think things through.

Well not to be a smartass, but I guess if I had to compare myself to the OP then.

Good mood:
    me: calm, amiable, relaxed
    Bad mood:
    me: calm, amiable, relaxed, but a little more reserved and distant since I need time to think things through.

I can experience my good moods and bad moods and still maintain some balance on the outside. In intense bad mood, (rare) I just sleep more.
    In intense good mood, I laugh more.

Yes, I'm still experiencing the moods but, doesn't change how I act too much.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What do you think is the biggest engine of mood swings in you?

The influence from people I care deeply for, and somewhat the influence from people I am worried about that I am not as attached to. If someone I care about is in a mood and I'm around them, generally I'll shift to their mood. If they are in a "neutral mood" then I will remain neutral (this is why I highly enjoy people who are emotionally balanced, such as Thinking dominants). If I am with someone I am simply worried about then I will take in their emotions to understand how they are feeling so I can help them.

Mostly my swings come from an issue I have in my life or with someone I care about, I'm sure you can imagine these things, they are quite normal.

How does it feel to have one of those swings?

Well... I realize it's coming on and I can't do anything about it. Then I'm overcome by it and I have to wait it out or do what I can with my current mood. If I get in a bad mood I can easily express my anger toward people and things, if I get in a mood I can easily express how great something or another is. These opinions and feelings are always there, but most of the time I only express them when I am leaning in one of those directions, I am reluctant to express them in my neutral mood (takes effort if I don't want to do it, I like mental and emotional peace). But if I need to then I can express them, like giving encouragement to someone who needs it or express anger and annoyance when I need to. This is why you say people act differently when they are in different moods.

Would you change this trait if you could or at least weaken it?

No, I wouldn't feel like myself. I'd feel like something was missing, it would freak me out to be totally neutral all the time. I would lose most of my ability to help people too.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    But males aggression levels are higher on the other hand so they are more likely to 'externalize' their bad moods while a girl's issue will be rather focused on dealing with more or less sudden changes.
    I wouldn't say men are more aggressive. Women tend to be more aggressive verbally.

deleted

Functions are a bit responsible.

1st function - Prominent
    2nd function - Positive Feedback
    3rd function - Inadequate
    4th function - Negative Feedback

INTJs 3rd function is Fi.

ESFPs 2nd function is Fi however.

Everyone probably already knew that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Functions are a bit responsible.

1st function - Prominent
    2nd function - Positive Feedback
    3rd function - Inadequate
    4th function - Negative Feedback
    I hate this generalization.

My Ti is not inadequate and my Se is not negative feedback. This is way too prescriptive.