• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverts are LOSERS

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Finally, someone looks at a post like this in the right way.

The right way? Do think that you're an arbiter on what is right and wrong?

I love how people make threads like this, and then people attack the person or get offended. I admit, I started processing what he said, but I left it in my head and then changed my thoughts. I have no use in belittling him in the thread.

But you have use in belittling people's reactions to it? :dry:

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Man, why you J types gotta say shit like this?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
The right way? Do think that you're an arbiter on what is right and wrong?

But you have use in belittling people's reactions to it? :dry:

People take the wrong things personally.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
People take the wrong things personally.

I apologize for overreacting and turning hot-headed, raz.

The site stirred up a lot of anger, because I instantly recognized it as something I would've fallen for when I was running on shadow power. When I see obviously unscrupulous people trying to make a living by fucking over people in distress, it sends me off into a rage.

People suggesting that nobody would fall for it, however -- that's naive.

LucrativeSid

No, I'm angry that somebody is obviously preying on the personal problems of the introvert to make a quick buck.

You consider trying to make your life better a personal problem? :huh: Like I said, you have to start somewhere, even if that means buying a $29 e-book that you don't gain much value from. It's still better than doing nothing at all. It's still better than living in denial and pretending like you're happy when you're not. And who knows, maybe the book is actually worth something. The author may actually be making a positive difference in the lives of his readers. It is possible, right? He can't make a book that offends nobody and appeals to and teaches everybody. I wonder if there's any way we could look up real reviews from online somewhere. For all we know, the first thing he says is to love yourselves for who you are and that he was only being a hardass so he could reach the people he knew needed it the most.

I apologize for overreacting and turning hot-headed, raz.

The site stirred up a lot of anger, because I instantly recognized it as something I would've fallen for when I was running on shadow power. When I see obviously unscrupulous people trying to make a living by fucking over people in distress, it sends me off into a rage.

People suggesting that nobody would fall for it, however -- that's naive.

This I understand. I feel for you. But I was just kind of pointing out that not everybody is going to perceive the website the same way. (Like me.) Not everybody is you ten years ago. Some introverts may recognize it for what it is and actually get value from it.

And I put the word "fall" in quotes for a reason.

Anyway, I was just adding a perspective that wasn't already being shared in the thread. I'm not trying to offend or persuade anyone. May we all make our lives great regardless of how we do it. :)

LucrativeSid

Have you read the book "The popular life?"? - Yahoo! Answers

I read the book and found it to be quite interesting and helpful. I say this because unlike most other self help-type books, this one actually aims at changing the reader's perspective of other people, as opposed to simply changing the behavior of the reader.

There are lots of good practical tips and examples of how to improve a person's social skills, but again, the thing that I found interesting about it was that it teaches a person how to look at the world in a different way, which I found somewhat refreshing. The book also largely focuses on the personality of the reader and aims to change the person's personality (perhaps completely). Yes, somewhat of an over ambitious goal, but this the overall theme.

The book follows a format of relatively short, to the point chapters. There isn't much fluff and the author is quite direct (which is what he promises on his sales page). He gives the opinion that this isn't a book for entertainment, but a manual for social success. I see his point, but for people who love to read sometimes it's nice to have something a little longer.

I would caution that like any self help book, there is certainly an element of application here (ie. you have to actually go out and follow the suggestions for them to work), but any person purchasing a self help book ought to realize this anyway.

The cons of the book would be the somewhat over the top and borderline offensive tone that is found throughout it in different parts. I also found the author would sometimes go out of his way to give opinions on things that I felt were unnecessary (though this is a matter of opinion). He takes a very "this is my opinion and if you disagree you are wrong" type attitude throughout the entire book, which for critical thinkers is a bit of a hardline approach.

Overall, I liked the book and found it helped me quite a bit in my social life and in dealing with other people. It's not written the way I would have written it, but then again this author has a very particular method and style, which, while somewhat offensive, is also somewhat enlightening and refreshing.

That's a pretty cool review from a person who sounds open-minded and rational. (The only review I found.) They were able to clearly say what they liked and disliked about it. They definitely don't sound fooled or inauthentic. Meaning, they do not see this guy as a god and they do not do everything precisely as he says. They are not fake. But they did like the book and benefited from it in a few ways - because they read it and thought about it, not because they were some moron without integrity who believes everything they read.

$29 usually won't change your life like magic, but it can teach you a thing or two and help you look at things differently. It can be a catalyst for positive change. I'd love to read this book. It sounds very interesting! I don't think I "need" it, but it sure would be fun to examine. I know, I know, I'm an ENTP. I'm fake, and stupid, and I just don't understand anything. Don't bother arguing with me on anything I've said in this thread because I'm too busy tricking people into liking me. (How am I doing?)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's it! I'm moving to Oz. Who's coming with me? :run:

To hell with that.

Oz sounds like a land of losers that we can easily conquer and exploit! Let's go there, pwn them, take everything of value, and then leave.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
"Living in a fantasy land" really has more to do with N than anything else. That fact that this is coming from someone who is dominant Ni makes it ironic.

True.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Don't believe me? The Intertoobs say so:

Defeat Introversion

:doh:

This book looks like Lulz and Delishus Caek...

This is the author.

I_love_furries.jpg

Mole

Permabanned
To hell with that.

Oz sounds like a land of losers that we can easily conquer and exploit! Let's go there, pwn them, take everything of value, and then leave.

Go on, you love guns and hate losers.

And of course there is no connection whatsoever between what you love and who you hate - good heavens, no.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Actually I have no idea what a winner or a loser is.

Australia was founded on misery, for all concerned. It's ironic that Oz, where the British sent their prisoners, is now a top destination for holidays and emmigration.

The winner is cursed and has a burden. The loser has none. It is appropriate that the British are refered to as Prisoners of His Majesty. It is an insult to the top dog that has no rebut.

Mole

Permabanned
Australia Felix

Australia was founded on misery, for all concerned.

The Australian colonies were an open prison.

The prisoners were free to go about their business in the colonies, but not to return home until their sentence was complete.

But in fact almost all of them stayed even when they were free to return home.

They stayed because of the opportunities here for them.

And they stayed because they did not want to return to their class ridden home.

And they were determined to create an egalitarian society - Australia Felix.

And they did.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
I will find the author and kill him!!!

He stole my idea!!!!!

EVEN WORSE, He currupted and skewed it.

He fucking designed it to make a few bucks and entirely for selfish motives. He wants legions of friends for his own benefit and doesn't seem to care about their benefit, just keeps them "happy" enough to serve his purpose.

:steam: Yeah, this book pisses me.

But the up side: It motivates me to counter assault this bullshit with my idea [forming an army of peace soldiers dedicated to the my cause: Making everyone happy]. As martial as that sounds, it's really not. it would be um...hmm...venusian.

Find people who care about saving the world and generally making sure people are happy. Well create a few places that offer people a cheap place to meet people, have fun, social support, and generally improve on happiness. It would be free, but then it'd be harder to create more of these places designed to make people happy, not to mention the more money earned the more beneficial things can be funded [like homeless shelters set on getting someone on their feet and not just supplying a place of rest.].

sade

Lovely.

I have legions of friends wherever I go.
In that case, I'd move to another country or never leave my home. That sounds... *shudder*

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Really? Because I thought he was one of those psuedo extraverts that feel they need to change in order to be happy. :rolli: