User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I kind of like myself, thanks. Don't really need your approval, book selling guy.

But get that Shamwow guy to pitch for you then come see me.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    Don't believe me? The Intertoobs say so:

Defeat Introversion

Most Generals in the armed forces are introverts. They need the inner willpower to be able to succeed in that role. Many executives are also (though not always CEO's for a non-business reason of late).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I kind of like myself, thanks. Don't really need your approval, book selling guy.

But get that Shamwow guy to pitch for you then come see me.
    haha...for real! good for you and shamwow guy rocks and i totally want those things and that pasta crock pot style cooker thing too while we're at it, i think.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP

The thing about the shamwow guy is that I think he has OCD. (Who else spends twenty bucks on paper towels in a month?)

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    Don't believe me? The Intertoobs say so:

Defeat Introversion

dammit.. it's threads like this that make me wish they'd make an emoticon where Mr. Smiley's blowing his brains out.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Wow, I love the way the main page sells the book. It's brilliant, and I appreciate brilliance. It's perfectly straight to the point. This isn't going to trick anybody. People don't "fall" for this kind of thing. They're either going to look into something they want to learn about, or they'll laugh and leave the site. Everybody who is offended and talking about it is just helping to promote the book.

The Popular Guy says "While youre living in fantasy land, Im milking the real world for everything it offers: popularity, admiration, endless friends, sex, and success. But you dont want that anyway, right? Lie to yourself."

Well, you're either lying to yourself or you're not. I don't see what the big deal is. You're all getting defensive. It's funny. You're making it look like he's right. (Part of the brilliance.)

The book is probably easily worth $30 if that's the kind of information you want. And I'm sure the guy has a lot of unique points that you won't find anywhere else. Sometimes bold language, straight talk, and facts are necessary for making an impact. It's his job to really make you think, but the thoughts you leave with are yours and yours alone. You're not going to believe anything you don't agree with. He gives you information that forces you to take a stance - essential for progress. Even if you'd never do anything with the knowledge directly, it would still be fun to read, and I certainly have respect for anyone who is trying to better themselves. You have to start somewhere, whether it's buying a book and realizing you make bad decisions or buying a book and actually examining everything it says to see what out of it you can utilize to improve your life. It's as simple as that.

Keep in mind that none of you have actually read the book.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    Wow, I love the way the main page sells the book. It's brilliant, and I appreciate brilliance. It's perfectly straight to the point. This isn't going to trick anybody. People don't "fall" for this kind of thing. They're either going to look into something they want to learn about, or they'll laugh and leave the site. Everybody who is offended and talking about it is just helping to promote the book.
    True enough. However, the assertion that extroverted people don't live in a fantasy land is completely baseless. Is all I'm saying.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Of course we're losers- and I'm DAMN proud of being one!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

good find. i likke how the world looks as introversion as a disease when many times it is a gift.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    True enough. However, the assertion that extroverted people don't live in a fantasy land is completely baseless. Is all I'm saying.
    Lol, oh the irony.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com