User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    HEY NOW!!
    Let the man have his catharsis.

In the end different people are happy in different ways. If nothing else, this is what MBTI helps explain.

MBTI
    ISTP

Wow! I never knew I was unpopular, unsuccessful, and a hopeless dreamer until now! And it's all because of that damn introversion!

More seriously....I seem to be as popular as I would like to be, have lots of fun, and so far, have achieved everything I've set out to accomplish. My being introverted has rarely, if ever, felt like it's stopped me from doing things that I want to do/should do.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    Why do you believe you're a loser?
    Ahem.

Short answer: I have no friends, I have no job, I don't go to school. I just lay around in front of the computer and sleep all day, waiting to be fed. Kind of like a housecat with a computer replacing the yarn.

Long answer:
    I have no friends in real life, I was too unmotivated to keep going to college, the only way I got a job was because my father gave me one, but I ended up quitting because I felt too guilty about the nepotism factor and the environment ended up being too open-ended for me.

So basically, all I do is sleep, wait around to be fed, and sit in front of the computer. Because that's all I know how to do anymore. I never did anything in high school except study all the time, prepare to absurd degrees for every assignment, even though I was just taking regular classes (didn't want to risk AP classes). I never got involved with other people at all, except on group projects... which I would often complete alone while letting everyone take credit.

I always had this vague idea that everyone who had been in school before regretted not paying more attention to their studies. I tried so hard to avoid making that mistake... that I didn't realize that I didn't care very much about achievement. I felt like I was doing the right thing by buckling down and forcing myself to focus on nothing but work, shutting people out as much as possible.

Now, I realize... I made a much worse error. I wasted every opportunity I had to connect with people. Now I'm trapped in a situation I can't improve because I would need to reach out to people in order to do so... but I have no one to reach out to, and no knowledge of how to reach out even if I did. I always learned how to do everything myself. I even tried to learn this.

When I ask for advice, people always tell me to do things involving other people I don't know how to do, that I'm expected to already understand or have access to. So I'm caught in something of a catch-22... I probably need people to help me out of my situation and open up more possibilities for me, but the very situation I need help out of is a lack of friends and disconnection from people... which means there's no one to help me.

On top of it, my mother is in kind of the same boat... so she can't help me. She doesn't have any friends either. That's probably why I never learned any such skills.

If that's not a loser, I don't know what is.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

just read the short answer cuz that long one was giving me a headache...but aww dude!!

you just need to change your perspective.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

heart on fire

Anth. What does it matter if you are loser or winner to the outside world? Find what makes you happy. Screw the rest!

MBTI
    INFJ

If you truly care about people and put people first.......your not a loser.. Sure, you may seem "uninteresting" or Less "outgoing".compared to some. But when it really counts, you'll make a huge impact in someones life where other personalities couldn't come through.. I know, in this culture dominated by mass media; Its tough being who you are but be yourself.. I rather be appreciated by one person, than to be appreciated by 50 or 100 people; Just because I put on a face and "acted" popular.. THe last, Shall be first.. Ahahah the funny thing is, Often times the people that are deemed "cool", are coming to me for advice or direction.. SO, you know tjey don't all have it figured out lolz..
    "People often Find out the truth, when its too late!!!"

Introverted (I) 78.79% Intuitive (N) 61.54% Feeling (F) 65.85% Judging (J) 60.53%

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    10 years ago I would've been all over that book and it would've made me even crazier than I already was.
    Me too. But reading beyond the first few pages probably wouldn't have happened, the sheer lack of appropriate material would've been too much for my intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Ahem.

Short answer: I have no friends, I have no job, I don't go to school. I just lay around in front of the computer and sleep all day, waiting to be fed. Kind of like a housecat with a computer replacing the yarn.
    I read the long answer too. Sounds totally like me ten years ago. (Except I got the job through a friend of my professor.)

Quick fact check: you're sure you're INFJ?

Ok. So in that case...

First, your Ni is stalled.
    Second, your Se is bitching at you, but not putting in.

So, create novelty.

Now's a good time to put on a blindfold and jump in somewhere. Anywhere, really. Except your Ni will mostly be warning of all the things that aren't worth doing. So, you should be putting out feelers of some kind, gathering information about "opportunities," bizarre things that you haven't done before but which ring up scary bells in your intuition.

What came out of my funk ten years ago is... I live in China now.

So, be careful what you wish for

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Anth. What does it matter if you are loser or winner to the outside world? Find what makes you happy. Screw the rest!
    Well, I was using the term figuratively more than literally.

I was using it more to mean that I don't know how to move forward, that I keep getting stuck in the same place. I don't really care about "winning."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I feel like huging you right now. damn fe.
    Or rather taking you out for a damn drink.

But I realise it's wierd to say that over a forum.

I've been depressive for years and at times must fight old bad habits to settle in. It's like an anesthesia of the soul and every drive running drier and drier.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by IrishStallion819 View Post
    If you truly care about people and put people first.......your not a loser.. Sure, you may seem "uninteresting" or Less "outgoing".compared to some. But when it really counts, you'll make a huge impact in someones life where other personalities couldn't come through.. I know, in this culture dominated by mass media; Its tough being who you are but be yourself.. I rather be appreciated by one person, than to be appreciated by 50 or 100 people; Just because I put on a face and "acted" popular.. THe last, Shall be first.. Ahahah the funny thing is, Often times the people that are deemed "cool", are coming to me for advice or direction.. SO, you know tjey don't all have it figured out lolz..
    Oh... I'm not talking about being popular. I mean that I really don't have any friends, and that I need a way to reach out to people.

I know I'm probably not a loser in that sense... but I do have the problem of not being able to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Me too. But reading beyond the first few pages probably wouldn't have happened, the sheer lack of appropriate material would've been too much for my intuition.

I read the long answer too. Sounds totally like me ten years ago. (Except I got the job through a friend of my professor.)

Quick fact check: you're sure you're INFJ?

Ok. So in that case...

First, your Ni is stalled.
    Second, your Se is bitching at you, but not putting in.

So, create novelty.

Now's a good time to put on a blindfold and jump in somewhere. Anywhere, really. Except your Ni will mostly be warning of all the things that aren't worth doing. So, you should be putting out feelers of some kind, gathering information about "opportunities," bizarre things that you haven't done before but which ring up scary bells in your intuition.

What came out of my funk ten years ago is... I live in China now.

So, be careful what you wish for
    I'm definitely an IJ, for what it's worth. Probably INFJ. That sounds about right... but that's just it. I don't have any idea how to survive if I just jump in somewhere, and there's no one to help me figure it out. I don't really feel like I have anything to fall back on.