User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 185

  1. #121
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I like being an introvert. I may not have liked it in middle school, but it's who I am now. This book assumes that people are all introverts because of social anxiety - this isn't necessarily so. Many healthy introverts just get overstimulated or overwhelmed by people talking to them all the time. Introverts need space to think and feel and create. Why would I want to change that?

    As an aside, several decades the word "introvert" was interchangable with "homosexual." I guess the same twisted thinking that brought us churches who were convinced they could turn gays straight published this book. I'm not homosexual, I'm just saying...

  2. #122
    loopy Ulaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd
    Posts
    850

    Default

    introverts arent loosers. people jsut dont realise not everyone is playing the extravert game. darn, 3:1/E:I ratio.

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

    As an aside, several decades the word "introvert" was interchangable with "homosexual."
    are you sure it wasn't "invert" which is an old fashioned word for homosexual.

  3. #123
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    3:1/E:I ratio.


    The statistic is more like 57% introvert, 43% extravert. The 3:1 ratio is over 60 years old. More accurate studies have been made since then, and people just haven't caught up with the new statistics. I'd imagine extraverts are just noticed more often, regardless of the reason why they're noticed.


  4. #124
    loopy Ulaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    The statistic is more like 57% introvert, 43% extravert. The 3:1 ratio is over 60 years old. More accurate studies have been made since then, and people just haven't caught up with the new statistics. I'd imagine extraverts are just noticed more often, regardless of the reason why they're noticed.
    really. i had no idea. thats interesting.
    is it because of the way society has changed since then and now people are getting in touch with their introversion or was the first study just wrong?

  5. #125
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    there is no difference between extroveryts and introverts.

    Only difference between "extroversion culture" and "introversion culture".
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  6. #126
    loopy Ulaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    there is no difference between extroveryts and introverts.

    Only difference between "extroversion culture" and "introversion culture".
    do extraverts practise extraversion culture and introverts practise introversion culture with slight meddlings in the opposite all being a part of that one culture?
    or
    would you deny that people have a preferance for one over the other. thus putting people into two groups again.

    did i miss your point?

  7. #127
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    do extraverts practise extraversion culture and introverts practise introversion culture with slight meddlings in the opposite all being a part of that one culture?
    or
    would you deny that people have a preferance for one over the other. thus putting people into two groups again.

    did i miss your point?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  8. #128
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    really. i had no idea. thats interesting.
    is it because of the way society has changed since then and now people are getting in touch with their introversion or was the first study just wrong?
    Both?


  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    938

    Default

    OMG, what a retarded thread. Introverts just don't care about appearance. Introverts tend to be more kind than extraverts so this is ridiculous.

  10. #130
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    OMG, what a retarded thread. Introverts just don't care about appearance. Introverts tend to be more kind than extraverts so this is ridiculous.
    ofc the statement is retarded but ur interpretation of it so so so simplisticly wrong in the "ugly people are nice because everybody's beautiful inside' kind of way that I just had to say it.

    I don't see how introverts would be geniunely kinder than extroverts.

    I mean yeah you can state it, but then you'd have to follow through with the logics and say that's because extroverted individual tend in average to have higher social status and that introverts would then, in average, be more likely to display shows of empathy and gift giving in a behavior known to be advantageous for their survival rate (see vampire bats for more references).

    In other words there's nothing more elevated about it, it's just an alternative strategy to compete with the relative reproductive advantage of alpha males\females.




    If kids can do it
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Similar Threads

  1. For introverts: What kind of introvert are you?
    By Olm the Water King in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-23-2015, 02:13 AM
  2. What kind of introvert are you?
    By Seymour in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-07-2015, 10:27 PM
  3. Introverts: Are you energized by other Introverts?
    By BlackCat in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 03:35 PM
  4. Introverts, Are New People Overstimulating?
    By FFF in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 03:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO