• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Boxes: Inside or out?

In or out?

• In

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Out

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Huh?

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
The box has many facets. I fear that to define them all, that would put me in a box too, but I'll try.

People act as if meaningless things in society define who they are--things like money, possessions, music, tv, movies, the past, their career. Few think about who they want to be or how they want to live. They allow that to be defined for them.

The box can be dangerous. Humans survived for a very long time with no electricity. Now, many depend on it to the degree that they don't know how to survive without it. The ice storm knocked out power to millions, but few realize it also provided abundant firewood for heat and plenty of easily-obtainable drinking water which is probably more pure that what most usually drink.

Many make psychological or social boxes for themselves. They are trapped by their own thought habits, which they repeat as if they were an emo teenager cutting themselves. Some settle for friends which hinder their personal growth and impose pointless expectations.

The box is deceptive, because it is created by our own mind. It knows how to trap us. But, if we know the limits of our mind, I think we are capable of exceeding them.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I am kinda missing an option for both; inside and out, since this is what I do?

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Good thinking, you are already outside the box of this poll. :D

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Eff that noise dawg, I'm in the box with my Cheez-its, mp3 player and 1,100+ pages of Aristotle. I'm g2g for life

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is no box.

wolfy

awsm
Understand the box and free yourself from the box's limitations.

Jump in, Jump out.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Understand the box and free yourself from the box's limitations.

Jump in, Jump out.

Nah. Just tell your parents, church, school... Forces that try to create a box in the first place, to buzz off.

wolfy

awsm
Nah. Just tell your parents, church, school... Forces that try to create a box in the first place, to buzz off.

If you do that the box defines your box's dimensions.
That's the typical trap. Reject one box for another.

MBTI Type
INxJ
To define is to create categories.
Categories must have hard edges.
Creating your own way is great. But it is still a box.

The problem with your previous statement, is that you think a box must exist in the first place.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm in a quantum box.
...or am I?