User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Things like Fi and Ni could've been mistaken for telepathy, psychometry and clairvoyance, not to mention that the charisma of certain young women would've been considered a curse by many a scorned man. (though this means that certainly S-women were accused of it as well)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well, obviously. N women are a minority today because all the N moms were burned as witches. INFJs were especially witchy it would seem.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I think an N would be more likely to believe in the occult (what can't be seen) than an S, so yes, a larger percentage of iNtuitive women were probably accused of being witches than Sensing women..
    Whether or not the people being accused believed they were witches is mostly irrelevant. Its the people doing the accusing that believed (or at least had some reason for making the accusation, whether they thought the women were witches or not).

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Haha nice thread idea . That prolly explains why INFJ are so rare nowadays
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

deleted

Laintpe, as an INTP, would probably be one of the first to get burned as a witch with spellbinding features. I would detest to see that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'd say people who managed to piss off someone else because they didn't like them or whatever had the highest chance to be burned as a witch.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I read some where it was quite often women who dealt in herbal medicines and yes, midwivery (the two seemed to go hand in hand). Often those who still worshipped the pagan gods. Think about the times, guys. They were just out of the dark ages, christianity was starting to become the religon for the times, everything was still steeped in magic and supersution. Anything strange was treated with suspicion....these are often times where they placed "changling" babies aka failure to thrive babies out in the wilderness to die. They were cruel times.
    And when you think of it, all women have a little o' the witch about them. Our cycles connect with the moon. We have the ability to give life (with a little help, of course) etc, ect.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Witches? propbably not, im guessing the ratio was even. Unorthadox thought and heresy? More likely crimes to have been conducted by N women.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Yeah, maybe if you average them out through all of Europe and Medieval history.
    The height of witch burnings largely occured in the 16th and 17th centuries, not the Medieval period. Canon law never officially recognised the existence of witches, and the Spanish Inquisition even made inquiries questioning their existence as well.

The Witch-Craze wasn't everywhere, but "rare" is a poor word to use for the places it struck. For example, there were about 3,000 deaths in a single Swiss canton in a period of about 90 years (and this was recorded in their archives), and in the Trier Witch Trials, there were two entire villages which were left with only one woman each (age was not an issue here).
    Yeah and your own source places the death tool of the Trier witch trials at 368.

In any case, my argument still stands.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

For those who want to delve into this:

Witch-hunt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Witch hunt - PaganWiki

It's still a pretty controversial topic, especially in Pagan circles...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”