• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Did N women had bigger chances to be burned as witches ?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I would have takin this as humor. Are people really that sensative. Or are they so bored that they have to bait this little piece of opinionated sarcasm into personal lunch sandwich.

Now. Lets eat.

LOL
That's the thing - it was an innocent joke. Instead of just laughing it off, AO and aj goad me 'til I cut them down. Now is where the real embarrassment comes in.

Learn to cut your losses gentlemen.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
when it comes to big topics like human origins, spirituality, politics, ecology, [...] ALL threads in a forum like this are not up to their subject. that's because the whole paradigm 90% people live with, is not able to understand those topics.

being all serious and trying to come up with "evidence" makes it much worse in most cases.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
LOL
That's the thing - it was an innocent joke. Instead of just laughing it off, AO and aj goad me 'til I cut them down. Now is where the real embarrassment comes in.

Learn to cut your losses gentlemen.

It was just a sarcastic flame on the OPer. Jokes are suppose to have something to them.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Lucky for me, you're not arbiter on the difference between the two.

Just admit you lost. Everyone can see it.
It's like denying you're wearing pants after you just pulled your cell phone from the pocket of them.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Lucky for me, you're not arbiter on the difference between the two.

Just admit you lost. Everyone can see it.
It's like denying you're wearing pants after you just pulled your cell phone from the pocket of them.

troll.jpg

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Keep 'em coming guys!
Anyway I've done my part.
Have fun in LaLa land :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
In case I'm misinterpreting:
I'm [the opposite of chilled out - whatever that is] because I see a problem and hope to urge the strong willed to wring some answers out of me?

Threads like this are full of false confirmations. All you've got is conjecture.
This one in particular seeks to connect an extreme religious action with a specific trait of an esoteric psychometric system.

I don't know much about the era, but Amargith seems to. Going on what she's said, there's was plenty of false representation for purpose of vendetta (and presumably to accomplish other goals). It's likely enough that a lot of the burnings where the written history indicates their honest suspicion were actually lies.

I imagine a lot of criteria weren't met before an accusation was made. There might even have been a large number of framings (a la Monty Python).

And most of this hasn't even been discussed. Amargith is the only one who's made any attempt to bring... evidence into the discussion.

Not to mention this:
What powers?
I've never seen anyone with "powers" or anyone I might make hyperbole humor by suggesting they had powers, and I know plenty of intuitives.
Maybe we need to revise our idea on what intuition means?

There's very little clarity and two extremely obscure points trying to be connected.

Why shouldn't I "troll" this thread? It's a fucking joke anyway.

Just for the record I did not made this thread because this is really my opinion. I have just posted idea to see the opinions of other. Also I did not attack you until you started to sound like a smartass. Also I presumed that people will understand that I don't claim that situation is black and white when it comes to S and N.

As for the thread topic.
There are no powers, that is the whole point. Which is that characteristic of people with expressed N could look like the "pact with the devil" to some people in that period.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think an N would be more likely to believe in the occult (what can't be seen) than an S, so yes, a larger percentage of iNtuitive women were probably accused of being witches than Sensing women..

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i have heard.....well, jack nicholson said it in a line from the 'witches of eastwick' that many women burned as witches at the stake were midwives. but, like puguy says, overall it was a very rare event, notwithstanding the attention it's gotten over the centuries, i guess cuz it's just so awful.......as a modern day midwife i am not only an 'nf' but i'm pretty weird and alternative too. so i guess it's good i was born now......but maybe i exised before???? oh, right, that's another thread.

this reminds me i was gonna make this huge mosaic of this maid in white--you know like in one of those renaissance dresses--tied up with rope to this stake and the Devil is below her with his tongue surging forth and his flaming breath shooting up between her legs, as Good Man lights the pyre, and she is smiling with pleasure downward at her Amore even as the Fire of Hades consumes her, while meanwhile white hands are reaching out to her from every side to try and save her but instead of reaching back to them for salvation, she holds her dress up for the Devil and his fatal Devilry as she goes up in a burning conflagration........but, alas, i get too bogged in the details to realize it's completion.:smoke:

Last edited:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Things like Fi and Ni could've been mistaken for telepathy, psychometry and clairvoyance, not to mention that the charisma of certain young women would've been considered a curse by many a scorned man. (though this means that certainly S-women were accused of it as well)

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Well, obviously. N women are a minority today because all the N moms were burned as witches. INFJs were especially witchy it would seem.

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
I think an N would be more likely to believe in the occult (what can't be seen) than an S, so yes, a larger percentage of iNtuitive women were probably accused of being witches than Sensing women..

Whether or not the people being accused believed they were witches is mostly irrelevant. It’s the people doing the accusing that believed (or at least had some reason for making the accusation, whether they thought the women were witches or not).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Haha nice thread idea :D. That prolly explains why INFJ are so rare nowadays :D

deleted
Laintpe, as an INTP, would probably be one of the first to get burned as a witch with spellbinding features. I would detest to see that.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'd say people who managed to piss off someone else because they didn't like them or whatever had the highest chance to be burned as a witch.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read some where it was quite often women who dealt in herbal medicines and yes, midwivery (the two seemed to go hand in hand). Often those who still worshipped the pagan gods. Think about the times, guys. They were just out of the dark ages, christianity was starting to become the religon for the times, everything was still steeped in magic and supersution. Anything strange was treated with suspicion....these are often times where they placed "changling" babies aka failure to thrive babies out in the wilderness to die. They were cruel times.
And when you think of it, all women have a little o' the witch about them. Our cycles connect with the moon. We have the ability to give life (with a little help, of course) etc, ect.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Witches? propbably not, im guessing the ratio was even. Unorthadox thought and heresy? More likely crimes to have been conducted by N women.

S

Sniffles

Yeah, maybe if you average them out through all of Europe and Medieval history.

The height of witch burnings largely occured in the 16th and 17th centuries, not the Medieval period. Canon law never officially recognised the existence of witches, and the Spanish Inquisition even made inquiries questioning their existence as well.

The Witch-Craze wasn't everywhere, but "rare" is a poor word to use for the places it struck. For example, there were about 3,000 deaths in a single Swiss canton in a period of about 90 years (and this was recorded in their archives), and in the Trier Witch Trials, there were two entire villages which were left with only one woman each (age was not an issue here).
Yeah and your own source places the death tool of the Trier witch trials at 368.

In any case, my argument still stands.