User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

N women might not be witches, but for some reason they seem to float in water, and weigh the same as a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    N women might not be witches, but for some reason they seem to float in water, and weigh the same as a duck.
    QUIT LOOKING IN MY BATHROOM?!
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I have absolutely zero real historical information on this, but from my common knowledge of the subject, I would say that it seems as though women who lived alone/independently were the ones that often got accused of being witches. So whatever type is prone to living independently and is comfortable going against the grain of societal norms would be the type that got accused of being witches. I'd think that N would be the common denominator, though NF might give the person an air of alternative spirituality that is "witchy."

So, if a woman were unmarried and supported herself through unusual means (which was probably the case because there weren't too many occupational choices for them at the time), then she probably automatically labeled as abnormal or unnatural. And then when famine or some other community blight hit, they were probably an easy target to blame for having brought god's wrath. Or for having cast some spell.

But that's all speculation.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    QUIT LOOKING IN MY BATHROOM?!
    ...and they also take really sexy bubble baths.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I have absolutely zero real historical information on this, but from my common knowledge of the subject, I would say that it seems as though women who lived alone/independently were the ones that often got accused of being witches.

So, if a woman were unmarried and supported herself through unusual means (which was probably the case because there weren't too many occupational choices for them at the time), then she probably automatically labeled as abnormal or unnatural. And then when famine or some other community blight hit, they were probably an easy target to blame for having brought god's wrath. Or for having cast some spell.

Makes sense. I also heard personal vendettas might have played into it.

I have absolutely zero real historical information on this
    I'd assume the same goes for most of us. I wonder if anyone has bothered (or will) to excavate a correlation between women murdered as witches and their personality type. Clearly lifestyle and behavior reflect type. The data must be out there somewhere...

:scans the invisible horizon:
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

I have absolutely zero real historical information on this, but from my common knowledge of the subject, I would say that it seems as though women who lived alone/independently were the ones that often got accused of being witches. So whatever type is prone to living independently and is comfortable going against the grain of societal norms would be the type that got accused of being witches. I'd think that N would be the common denominator, though NF might give the person an air of alternative spirituality that is "witchy."

I could be wrong but at that time NF and NT mathods were quite simlar since science and spirituality were one. (I know that this is oversimplificated) On the other hand NT woman could easily be labelled as insensitive bitch. What could be a sign of possession.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Any opinions about this?
    Yes.

Turn your computer off, and sell it.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Not necessarily, women were often accused and burned as witches for completely arbitrary things, such as miscarriages, adultery, bad crops, or food poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Id have to no, not necessarily. Then again, witch burnings were considerably rare.
    Yeah, maybe if you average them out through all of Europe and Medieval history. The Witch-Craze wasn't everywhere, but "rare" is a poor word to use for the places it struck. For example, there were about 3,000 deaths in a single Swiss canton in a period of about 90 years (and this was recorded in their archives), and in the Trier Witch Trials, there were two entire villages which were left with only one woman each (age was not an issue here).

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap View Post
    Yes.

Turn your computer off, and sell it.
    I am sorry but I am not internet addict.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

On the other hand, selling your computer would stop you from making ridiculous threads.
    we fukin won boys