User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Concerning this topic I think socionics gives a nice model. The MBTI shadow model is somewhat left out of the whole concept.

If you are intrested, here is the link:

Intuitive ethical introvert - Wikisocion
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISFJ

I think I've been an ISTJ a few months back...Reclusive, bitched about every little detail, emotionally detached and lost all my spontaneity.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

My inner ISTP has already shut down 12 small countries. I tell her to knock it off, but not before she brings me back a snowglobe.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

heart on fire

We need our personas, our egos for self protection and to operate in the world. But we take it too far. We repress that which we don't want to show in our external persona and we tend to forget it. Forgetting something and then forgetting that we forgot about it. It's needed to repress to some degree to operate from day to day but we do it too much and forget that we've done it.

But this energy is still there and so we project it onto others around us and this tears apart our relationships and divides us from our internal teacher. When an internal situation is not recognized, it will tend to manifest externally. Our shadows will interact with our enviroment to create situations that force us to face our inner demons over and over again. Whole cultures do this in mass movements as well.

New Age philosophies only make the problem worse because their gurus tailor the programs to appeal to the ego and provide just enough release of toxic emotion to convince people that they are healing but never get to the deeper core issues.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I always get this impression that my shadow is stronger than me, and gets used as a battering ram when my Fe can't take being scalded one more time.

Anyone else feel sometimes as if their shadow is calling the shots behind the scenes like a virus program?
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

, Fi sucks, I tell you
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Concerning this topic I think socionics gives a nice model. The MBTI shadow model is somewhat left out of the whole concept.

If you are intrested, here is the link:

Intuitive ethical introvert - Wikisocion
    Thanks, Entropie. I put it on my favorites and will read it tonght.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    We need our personas, our egos for self protection and to operate in the world. But we take it too far. We repress that which we don't want to show in our external persona and we tend to forget it. Forgetting something and then forgetting that we forgot about it. It's needed to repress to some degree to operate from day to day but we do it too much and forget that we've done it.

But this energy is still there and so we project it onto others around us and this tears apart our relationships and divides us from our internal teacher. When an internal situation is not recognized, it will tend to manifest externally. Our shadows will interact with our enviroment to create situations that force us to face our inner demons over and over again. Whole cultures do this in mass movements as well.

New Age philosophies only make the problem worse because their gurus tailor the programs to appeal to the ego and provide just enough release of toxic emotion to convince people that they are healing but never get to the deeper core issues.

Thanks for the thoughts on this, heart.

Yes, "Whole cultures."
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    If you think you actually can see a person's MBTI "shadow" behavior, you've taken the theory FAR too seriously. Stop spending so much time thinking about it. It's for this exact reason why I hate, hate , hate the subfunctions: they are broad blankets you can use to explain any human behavior. Not good.

Really. It's starting to remind me astrology or fortune telling. You can pretty much twist anything to fit into some kind of function theory, which is a shame because eventually none of it, except whatever Pink or her ISTP shadow says, will be taken seriously.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

But... but my ISTP wants you to be my girlfriend! *trembly lip*
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic