First 123

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    ^

Fixed
    No no, I didn't make a mistake. The division between biological and psychological is just an illusion.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    You're welcome.

What is attention whoring? Attention whoring, I'd say, is about doing things where the primary objective (or maybe sole objective) is to draw attention to yourself. Making a thread serves practical purposes of information gathering and intellectual investigation. So, even though you might get attention as a byproduct of making a thread, I certainly wouldn't consider it attention whoring. The closest thing to attention whoring on this site is probably making a silly nonsense thread, like a thread where the OP just says "I see you!" or something like that. I wouldn't even call that attention whoring, though, because it comes out of playfulness, not neediness. The precise emotion that motivates the post is the key.

Why do people attention-whore? Ask Jeffster! (Kidding.) The head teacher of the school of zen I used to study said that people have 5 needs, one of which is fame. I imagine attention whores have this need more than the norm. Erick Berne, the inventor of Transactional Analysis (therapeutic model) believes that people play games in order to get "strokes." A stroke is some form of recognition, and it's a need that carries over from childhood. It replaces the need for physical affection from one's mother/parent. Instead of collecting physical strokes, people collect psychological strokes, and have ingenious ways of doing so. Making a thread that purports to discuss something interesting while really serving as a vehicle to collect recognition (attention whoring) is one type of game.
    I used to do that a lot more than I do now.
    I think I still do it occasionally.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Hi Demigod.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INTP

I like to say when looking for liabilities look close to home first. At this rate I can see how someone could be forced into attention whoring. I'm stunned at what I saw recently. I can't imagine what is going through some people heads.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    No no, I didn't make a mistake, imo. It is my belief - it may be far out, but it's my belief and I'm sticking to it, that the division between biological and psychological is just an illusion. I was making an ideological contention to this effect.
    Fixed. Again
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm not an attention whore! I'm an attention SLUT!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm not an attention whore!
    No one would ever think that. U r srs bizniz. In fact, take that stick out of your ass already.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*looks prim*

Now you use proper grammar and spelling there young lady or nobody's going to take you serious!

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    *looks prim*

Now you use proper grammar and spelling there young lady or nobody's going to take you serious!

ICANTOHNOSOMEONESTOPME

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

:horor:

the horror, the horror....